Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 09:13 AM

274 posts, read 120,941 times

Advertisements

Ok so I will be straight forward..saying Moderator cut: deleted like 'Homosexuals are oppressing my religion' is simply stupid!Why do you say Moderator cut: deleted like this?(only to those who are too pushy about their beliefs) First of all they are not going to hell and second...THEY ARE NOT SINNING just because they love who they love and this 'oppresses your religion' does not mean you can go out to say 'I will pray for your damned soul' because that disrespects them so who hurt you?

Last edited by june 7th; 02-28-2017 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: Totally inappropriate language. Please refer to TOS.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:27 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,250,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
Ok so I will be straight forward..saying Moderator cut: Orphaned like 'Homosexuals are oppressing my religion' is simply stupid!Why do you say Moderator cut: Orphaned like this?(only to those who are too pushy about their beliefs) First of all they are not going to hell and second...THEY ARE NOT SINNING just because they love who they love and this 'oppresses your religion' does not mean you can go out to say 'I will pray for your damned soul' because that disrespects them so who hurt you?
How about those that use their non-religiousity to seem holier than thou?

Fact is, we don't hate homosexuals. We don't simply talk crap about them just to make ourselves seem better. I'm sorry if you disagree with us, but calling us names or suggesting we have selfish motives doesn't really endear yourself to us, or make your point.

I'm sorry that you are offended when we say that yes, it is immoral. Yes, it is sinful. Nor are we suggesting that by them merely being alive they are oppressing us.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-28-2017 at 10:57 AM..

Old 02-28-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How about those that use their non-religiousity to seem holier than thou?

Fact is, we don't hate homosexuals. We don't simply talk crap about them just to make ourselves seem better. I'm sorry if you disagree with us, but calling us names or suggesting we have selfish motives doesn't really endear yourself to us, or make your point.

I'm sorry that you are offended when we say that yes, it is immoral. Yes, it is sinful. Nor are we suggesting that by them merely being alive they are oppressing us.
'immoral' 'sinful' all of this coming from a book that may or may not be true??You want sinful?I will give you sinful believing in some Moderator cut: inappropriate language x3 that is more likely to be fake than real.Saying that people being gay is 'not right' that is sinful you wanna know why?Go preach and find out what you learn from a religious fool who cannot accept the truth

Last edited by june 7th; 02-28-2017 at 10:58 AM..

Old 02-28-2017, 09:41 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,962,853 times
Quote:
'immoral' 'sinful' all of this coming from a book that may or may not be true??You want sinful?I will give you sinful believing in some sh*t that is more likely to be fake than real.Saying that people being gay is 'not right' that is sinful you wanna know why?Go preach and find out what you learn from a religious fool who cannot accept the truth
You love your sin, so you're lashing out.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:47 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,412,901 times
Quote:
Ok so I will be straight forward..saying Moderator cut: Orphanedlike 'Homosexuals are oppressing my religion' is simply stupid!Why do you say Moderator cut: Orphaned like this?(only to those who are too pushy about their beliefs) First of all they are not going to hell and second...THEY ARE NOT SINNING just because they love who they love and this 'oppresses your religion' does not mean you can go out to say 'I will pray for your damned soul' because that disrespects them so who hurt you?
Is it possible for someone who is not religious to not curse?
Why do you use curse words like this?
In all honesty you have no idea if anyone is sinning, is oppressing religious beliefs, spiritual beliefs, or sexual beliefs.
Telling someone that you are going to pray for them is not a bad thing, it is the judgement placed behind the prayer that makes it bad and that is not disrespect, it is judgement pure and simple, call it what it is.
There is also no need to SCREAM, it makes you appear desperate and not believing in what you are screaming about.
Present your opinions in a clear, concise, clean manner and you will be taken more seriously and
remember, everything starts out good, it is judgement from others that make it bad.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-28-2017 at 11:01 AM..

Old 02-28-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
'immoral' 'sinful' all of this coming from a book that may or may not be true??You want sinful?I will give you sinful believing in some sh*t that is more likely to be fake than real.Saying that people being gay is 'not right' that is sinful you wanna know why?
Again...I get it. You don't appreciate us, or our religion. Good for you. But yes, it is sinful and immoral. I'm sorry if that offends you.

I'm also sorry that you are so bothered by it that you use profanity with me. I'm willing to respect you, is there a reason you won't reciprocate? No one is suggesting that gay people are not people, or that they are less worthy of respect.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
And those who are religious love ignorance ,so they are lashing out
I don't hate ignorance, nor am I lashing out. The only one lashing out here is you.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Again...I get it. You don't appreciate us, or our religion. Good for you. But yes, it is sinful and immoral. I'm sorry if that offends you.

I'm also sorry that you are so bothered by it that you use profanity with me. I'm willing to respect you, is there a reason you won't reciprocate? No one is suggesting that gay people are not people, or that they are less worthy of respect.
Wow look at you using big words big complicated words..Your religion states that A man loving a man is a sin So try not to give me anymore of your religious Moderator cut: inappropriate language x4 ok?Go get some therapy..

Last edited by june 7th; 02-28-2017 at 11:04 AM..

Old 02-28-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted because of offensive language.

Why the anger here? Why are you allowed to insult us, but if we dare to suggest something you don't like, you attack our motives?

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-28-2017 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Quoted post removed.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Why the anger here? Why are you allowed to insult us, but if we dare to suggest something you don't like, you attack our motives?
Your motives have crashed and burned like idk right around the 1990's or maybe even before God was even in the bible..Or before there even was a bible maybe?
Boo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity