Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 08:43 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,722,486 times

Advertisements

Posted today on Facebook by my longtime friend in Christ, Mercy A., she is the person in my life I would identify as knowing Christ the most deeply. Her words remind me of the prophet Isaiah.

" Only a prophet can honestly and unflinchingly look into the darkest ugliness and hypocrisy of the people or culture or nation he loves and stare it down without making excuses or blame-shifting. Most people cannot and will not look into it. They haven't the capacity. It's too painful. It's too uncomfortable. They cannot and will not go near it. And if they do, the tendency is still to whitewash or minimize it. But a prophet of God will not only do that, but will do it without losing his love for the people/culture/nation. In fact, he will love them all the more, for he will identify all the ugliness within himself and weep over it. He will weep for all, and stand in the gap of wickedness, entreating the mercy of God. He will see fully, but he will also love fully. And that, my dearly-loved friends, is how we are all loved by Jesus Christ, who is THE prophet and true Friend to us all." - Mercy A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 10:55 PM

23,297 posts, read 10,608,745 times
Just going to talk about prophets since you bring it up, cool thing you got with Mercy, every one needs Mercy.

A prophet of God is the least in the kingdom of heaven.

It is the lowest rung.

Zechariah 13

An End to Idolatry

1In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.
2And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land. GONE

3And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth.

4And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive:

5But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am an husbandman; for man taught me to keep cattle from my youth.

6And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Old 05-02-2017, 02:58 AM

9,705 posts, read 10,081,513 times
Sounds like the prophetic gift of knowledge , which is Holy Spirit looking in and helping other people over come the world , which is rare , as the gift of prayer, breaking curses prayer from Holy Spirit goes with this gift of prophetic gift of knowledge , because without prayer you will only have condemnation were Holy Spirit will not be there which is why the gift is rare as people need to overcome condemnation sin to qualify to receive this gift

Old 05-02-2017, 06:25 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,080,445 times
The gift of word of knowledge is where the Spirit shows you or tells you something about the person that ONLY G-d could know. He may flash a scene of their life at you where they were alone, or tell you what they are thinking AT THAT EXACT MOMENT. He gives all men a measure of faith to receive Him, and word of knowledge is what sparks that measure of faith to receive from Him, because they KNOW that only G-d could know that. It's one of the speaking gifts of the prophet, which includes word of wisdom and to prophesy, and they usually come in that order for any effectual change to come about. Most people think there are no prophets today, but there are. The Son IS a prophet in whomever He chooses to be. Peace

Old 05-02-2017, 01:12 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,798,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Posted today on Facebook by my longtime friend in Christ, Mercy A., she is the person in my life I would identify as knowing Christ the most deeply. Her words remind me of the prophet Isaiah.

" Only a prophet can honestly and unflinchingly look into the darkest ugliness and hypocrisy of the people or culture or nation he loves and stare it down without making excuses or blame-shifting. Most people cannot and will not look into it. They haven't the capacity. It's too painful. It's too uncomfortable. They cannot and will not go near it. And if they do, the tendency is still to whitewash or minimize it. But a prophet of God will not only do that, but will do it without losing his love for the people/culture/nation. In fact, he will love them all the more, for he will identify all the ugliness within himself and weep over it. He will weep for all, and stand in the gap of wickedness, entreating the mercy of God. He will see fully, but he will also love fully. And that, my dearly-loved friends, is how we are all loved by Jesus Christ, who is THE prophet and true Friend to us all." - Mercy A.
The bolded, I think not.

A prophet speaks the word of God from God. Nothing there shows that.

As it is written;

"No peace for the wicked. No peace for all mankind."
says the Lord

The son of man says; "The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him."

"You are my friends if you do what I command you."

Old 05-02-2017, 03:46 PM

I would say that there are prophets on every corner prophesying, it just isn't by the word of God.

There are great teaches who are prophets, that is what a prophet is to do, he is to be a great teacher. But we are told about the coming of a new spirit after Jesus died, a spirit by which people prophesy today, and we are given instruction on how to overcome that spirit.

This speech in Zachariah 13 is not speaking of Jews, it is speaking to believers in the God of the bible who reject the ways of God and are practicing pagan holy days and pagan ways while considering themselves to be Elijah.

Just as they would wear a rough garment as Elijah wore to fool people they were a prophet of God, but they are in idolatry and the wounds on their skin prove this besides it coming right out to say,'' An end to Idolatry.''

If you are a Christian raised with a bias against the law and you have involved yourself with the worship system of other Gods, and you are keeping the ways of Pagan God's instead of the God of Israel, I would say this scripture is for you if you really do think you are that great prophet like Elijah. Elijah calls down fire, and Jesus disciples wanted to do this also but they knew not of what spirit they were speaking.

Elijah went up against the lawless kingdom of Ephraim to challenge the prophets of Baal, and when Pagan prophets seek a miracle, THEY WHIP THEMSELVES.

Zechariah 13

An End to Idolatry

1In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

2And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

3And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth. 4And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive:

5But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am an husbandman; for man taught me to keep cattle from my youth.

6And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

If a Jew in Judaism was standing out as a known prophet, I may just believe him, but a gentile raised in Paganism with pagan practices, with idols who go around speaking as if they were Elijah is something I would raise an eyebrow to, being that they reject God's covenant, his commandments, his worship system full of his feasts, and have now paganized Jesus.

There should come a day when they will be ashamed of their prophesy, I know that I was ashamed.

Those aren't Jewish prophets, NOT prophets of Israel, so beware, the father and mother who bore you is not your biological father and mother, if they seek to kill you, you will be killed.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 05-02-2017 at 03:57 PM..

Old 05-02-2017, 03:54 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,838,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The bolded, I think not.

A prophet speaks the word of God from God. Nothing there shows that.

As it is written;

"No peace for the wicked. No peace for all mankind."
says the Lord

The son of man says; "The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him."

"You are my friends if you do what I command you."
Amen.
Charity upon a ten stringed instrument.

Do not forget the First Love?
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

The Law and the Prophets.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:39 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,722,486 times
Mercy, (her real name given at birth) is a rare individual, a beautiful soul, a lovely woman in her early 40s who has never married. I think she loves God too much to devote herself to marriage. There are a few people like that. She was on a mission trip last summer in Israel/Palestine and walked and talked to all kinds of people there. I don't believe Mercy said she was a prophet, rather that Jesus is everyone's prophet and our goal should be to know him and see others through his eyes.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Mercy, (her real name given at birth) is a rare individual, a beautiful soul, a lovely woman in her early 40s who has never married. I think she loves God too much to devote herself to marriage. There are a few people like that. She was on a mission trip last summer in Israel/Palestine and walked and talked to all kinds of people there. I don't believe Mercy said she was a prophet, rather that Jesus is everyone's prophet and our goal should be to know him and see others through his eyes.
Cool story, Now I am just gonna ramble if you don't mind.

Elijah, Moses and Jesus stood as a picture of the kingdom of heaven being a prophet, a priest, a king, because that's what we all are.

Jesus came as a prophet and spent an exact amount of days as a prophet until he began his ministry as a priest for an exact amount of days till the day he was ushered into Jerusalem as a king on the day appointed for the coronation of a king.

Jesus walked by example for man, man is supposed to begin as a prophet, and then to be a priest. A Christian who considers himself a prophet is SUPPOSED to come to a point where he says,'' I am no prophet.''

But the gentile prophets shown in the books of kings belonging to the Northern kingdom of Israel were pagan prophets. Those sons of the prophets who followed Elijah and Elisha were sons of the pagan prophets of Israel, not Judah.

There have been many prophets who are not the prophets of God, and yet they claim to be prophets of God.

For 700 years the kingdom of Israel had false prophets who called the Torah a strange thing and who adopted pagan practices. This kingdom of Israel claimed to be worshipping the God of Israel but they had to change their feasts because they wanted to separate from Judah, and so they had to separate from God.

For 700 years this kingdom of Israel claimed that they had the new wine after they rejected Jerusalem and built their own Holy cites, they claimed to be the true Israel following the true God of Israel, and that the JEWS DID NOT KNOW THE GOD OF ISRAEL, they did.

They claimed they were the true Israel with the true feasts of God after they had changed the feasts of God.

They looked just like Judah, they had a pagan celebration like Passover, but not Passover.

For 700 years the drunkards of Ephraim reeling on their new wine had their own supposed prophets that were not prophets of God in Judah, they were lawless prophets who called the Torah a strange thing, and they went about prophesying and following Elijah and Elisha after Elijah was sent against them, and after Elisha sought to teach them.

Same thing as today.

There is another religion other than Judaism, a religion who calls the Torah a strange thing and it keeps pagan festivals and rejects all the ways of God, and yet they claim to have a prophet on every corner by which the God of Israel is speaking through them, this is the same thing the kingdom of Ephraim did for 700 years.

Then God ended them, ended their kingdom and scattered them to the gentile nations because they had already rejected God and become gentiles.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 05-02-2017 at 07:10 PM..

Old 05-02-2017, 06:58 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,502,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Elijah, Moses and Jesus stood as a picture of the kingdom of heaven being a prophet, a priest, a king, because that's what we all are.

Jesus came as a prophet and spent an exact amount of days as a prophet until he began his ministry as a priest for an exact amount of days till the day he was ushered into Jerusalem as a king on the day appointed for the coronation of a king.

Jesus walked by example for man, man is supposed to begin as a prophet, and then to be a priest.

But the gentile prophets shown in the books of kings belonging to the Northern kingdom of Israel were pagan prophets. Those sons of the prophets who followed Elijah and Elisha were sons of the pagan prophets of Israel, not Judah.

There have been many prophets who are not the prophets of God, and yet they claim to be prophets.

For 700 years the kingdom of Israel had false prophets who called the Torah a strange thing and who adopted pagan practices. This kingdom of Israel claimed to be worshipping the God of Israel but they had to change their feasts because they wanted to separate from Judah, and so they had to separate from God.

For 700 years this kingdom of Israel claimed that they had the new wine after they rejected Jerusalem and built their own Holy cites, they claimed to be the true Israel following the true God of Israel, and that the JEWS DID NOT KNOW THE GOD OF ISRAEL, they did.

They claimed they were the true Israel with the true feasts of God after they had changed the feasts of God.

They looked just like Judah, they had a pagan celebration like Passover, but not Passover.

For 700 years the drunkards of Ephraim reeling on their new wine had their own supposed prophets that were not prophets of God in Judah, they were lawless prophets who called the Torah a strange thing, and they went about prophesying and following Elijah and Elisha.

Same thing as today.

There is another religion other than Judaism, a religion who calls the Torah a strange thing and it keeps pagan festivals and rejects all the ways of God, and yet they claim to have a prophet on every corner by which the God of Israel is speaking through them, this is the same thing the kingdom of Ephraim did for 700 years.

Then God ended them, ended their kingdom and scattered them to the gentile nations because they had already rejected God and become gentiles.
And Israel is rejected as a Nation. Today it is individuals not a group.

Matthew 23:38 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

God is not there any more and even the Nation of Israel today breaks His laws and gives away His land.

No King, since Jesus is now the only King, No Priesthood because it was wiped out when Jerusalem fell, no tribes as no Jew can prove from the official genealogy who he is, no Temple, no sacrifices, basically nothing but a name that has been rejected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity