Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 05:14 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times

Advertisements

John 6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 07:13 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
John 6

Care to explain what you're pointing to in that section? Peace

Old 05-07-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Care to explain what you're pointing to in that section? Peace
Sure.
It reminded me of those that attempt to take the Kingdom by force.
2 fish
5 barly says much.
12 baskets reminds me of the 7th church.

I see the heirloom of charity visited by the Lord once more.

You spoke of the mount being crushed with a poetic conselation.

I saw fear in the elders.
While read reading of the exile. Something struck. The Lord asked for them to come up. Seriously, he just brought them out of the oppresion of egypt. Fed and clothed them. Then had Moshe tell them come up. But no, they cry out, we will die.
I don't understand.
The Lord did all of the miracles, and somehow they say some odd nonsense.
Sorry, still scratching my head with this paradox.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:28 PM

Malachi 4King James Version (KJV)
Why Is this chapter left out of the TaNaKh.
An ox and a well.

4 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.

4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:02 AM

Something about wind and the power that ensures the waves to be calm.
A tide will be sure and confident.
Yet who will hold hot or cold to say I know the Lord.?

Who then could dare command the wind and bring water out of air.?
Who could split air to give Fire.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:40 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,090,166 times
Quote:
Malachi 4King James Version (KJV)
Why Is this chapter left out of the TaNaKh.
An ox and a well.

4 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.

4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
Why did the church put it in?...

Old 05-08-2017, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Why did the church put it in?...
Fear.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:46 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,090,166 times
Quote:
Fear.
Actually, it is still there in the Tanakh...You didn't look very hard...6 verses in the Tanakh and 6 verses in the Young's Literal Translation:

Malachi - Chapter 3

19 For lo, the sun comes, glowing like a furnace, and all the audacious sinners and all the perpetrators of wickedness will be stubble. And the sun that comes shall burn them up so that it will leave them neither root nor branch, says the Lord of Hosts.

Rashi's Commentary:

For lo, the sun comes: This instance of יוֹם is an expression of sun, for so did the Sages state that there will be no Gehinnom in the future, but the Holy One, blessed be He, will take the sun out of its case; the wicked will be punished thereby and the righteous will be healed thereby. That is the meaning of what is stated (verse 20): “And the sun of mercy shall rise for you who fear My Name, etc.”

neither root nor branch: Neither son nor grandson

Quote:
Mal 4:1 For, lo, the day hath come, burning as a furnace, And all the proud, and every wicked doer, have been stubble, And burnt them hath the day that came, Said Jehovah of Hosts, That there is not left to them root or branch,

20 And the sun of mercy shall rise with healing in its wings for you who fear My Name. Then will you go forth and be fat as fatted calves.

Rashi's Commentary:

and be fat: an expression of fat, as in (Jer. 50: 11), “as you become fat, like a threshing heifer.”

as fatted calves: [the calves] that enter the team to be fattened; kopla, cople in Old French: animals tied together.

Quote:
Mal 4:2 And risen to you, ye who fear My name, Hath the sun of righteousness--and healing in its wings, And ye have gone forth, and have increased as calves of a stall.
21 And you shall crush the wicked, for they will be as ash under the soles of your feet on the day that I will prepare, says the Lord of Hosts.

Rashi's Commentary:

And you shall crush: and you shall press. This is an expression of pressing, similar to (Ezek. 23:8) “they pressed their virgin breasts.”

Quote:
Mal 4:3 And ye have trodden down the wicked, For they are ashes under the soles of your feet, In the day that I am appointing, Said Jehovah of Hosts.

22 Keep in remembrance the teaching of Moses, My servant-the laws and ordinances which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel.

Quote:
Mal 4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses My servant, That I did command him in Horeb, For all Israel--statutes and judgments.

23 Lo, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord,

Quote:
Mal 4:5 Lo, I am sending to you Elijah the prophet, Before the coming of the day of Jehovah, The great and the fearful.

24 that he may turn the heart of the fathers back through the children, and the heart of the children back through their fathers-lest I come and smite the earth with utter destruction.

Rashi's Commentary:

that he may turn the heart of the fathers back: to the Holy One, blessed be He.

through the children: lit., on. He will say to the children affectionately and appeasingly, “Go and speak to your fathers to adopt the ways of the Omnipresent.” So we explain, “and the heart of the children through their fathers.” This I heard in the name of Rabbi Menahem, but our Sages expounded upon it in tractate Eduyoth (8:7), that he will come to make peace in the world.

Quote:
Mal 4:6 And he hath turned back the heart of fathers to sons, And the heart of sons to their fathers, Before I come and have utterly smitten the land!

A little bit different between the Hebrew version and the Christian version though...

While the Hebrew has it in the future tense, the Christians seemed to find it necessary to translate it into the past...Wonder why?...

Old 05-08-2017, 06:57 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
Quote:
Sure.
It reminded me of those that attempt to take the Kingdom by force.
2 fish
5 barly says much.
12 baskets reminds me of the 7th church.

I see the heirloom of charity visited by the Lord once more.

You spoke of the mount being crushed with a poetic conselation.

While read reading of the exile. Something struck. The Lord asked for them to come up. Seriously, he just brought them out of the oppresion of egypt. Fed and clothed them. Then had Moshe tell them come up. But no, they cry out, we will die.
I don't understand.
Man is in bondage to the fear of death/dying to self all of his days. Peace

Old 05-08-2017, 09:23 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,738,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post

Most Christians have it backwards, in that they are looking OUT THERE for something to happen first, but by the time it does, it will have been missed within by those that would have wanted to be firstfruits.
I totally agree about missing it because we are looking outside instead of inside. if our life isn't now ,
or hasn't been already made one with the feasts and his word , we just won't be the first fruits/ first last fruits feast .. book of REV has started and we are on that time clock. where on the time clock is a little more difficult. but if we are not the feasts and been aligned with those feasts by his spirit , salvation is possible but that road will be tough one . instead of long and slow pain of change that is here , it will be hard short and fast pain of change that is coming.

Quote:

I don't understand.
well I always condemned them for this actions...
until my fluffy big brother in the sky someplace asked me to come up ...
and he wasn't even shooting fire from his fingertips.
I no long judge them for their fear.
we all think we know how we will react until it happens..
like I said a few months back I invented a whole new way to sin..
really you find your gut reactions just aren't who you thought you were in your over inflated inner selfness..

so when we meet him .. we oh so really do deal with The God We KNOW at the gut level, at the trust level.
so we can have grand ideas of how brave we are or how "spiritual" or how trusting of God we think we are ... but that second he shows himself and our reaction proves out who we trust most and what we trust most ...... and all our reactions to him , our judgements against him .. are born and proved out right there in how we react
to him . if he is shooting fire balls from his arse or you think he is the love bucket in the sky . either guy and you will still react to who you really trust he is. and if he presents a new side of himself your reaction to that is THE truth you know in your guts.. so getting our gut reactions to know him and trust
him is the goal still .

and so some will meet the God who shoots fire from his finger tips or the love bucket.. or everything in betweens. but your reaction to him is your judgement and who it is you really trusted HIM and the HIM you knew .
so we must with all we have find who He is says he is and believe that and no matter how the funimentals
want to believe they can know him with out his book and without his feasts and with out his spirit .. but they are wrong.

so I no longer judge the ancients for their reactions . He could not be in them for their Guts to know him.
so he was just Outside of their guts. and even if he is on the inside of your guts, we aren't who we wish we were ever.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-08-2017 at 09:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity