Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 04:20 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,715,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Which of hundreds would you like to hear about? Every time a gift is manifested, that's an encounter with the Spirit. Every time a revelation is given, that's an encounter with the Spirit. Every time a vision is seen, that's an encounter with the Spirit. Every time He speaks something, that's an encounter with the Spirit. Every time He manifests healing in you or another individual you're praying for, that's an encounter with the Spirit. Every time He gives you a dream, that's an encounter with the Spirit.....and on and on and on. Peace
The spiritual gifts are not about physical seen things, they are about the spiritual.

I do "see" that you have a desire for knowledge and want to follow God, but you then want to bring it back down to what you can physically see, ie the scriptures, the written Torah, healing physical things. When Jesus was here in the flesh he did physical signs which related to spiritual things, and spoke in parables, the things he spoke about like seeds, vineyards, wine, meat related to the things of the kingdom of God which is the "spiritual" reign over the earth. But the reign is through Israel which has Become many nations

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are from God; for many false prophets have gone forth into the world.
1Jn 4:2 By this know the Spirit of God: every spirit which confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God.
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit which does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not from God; and this is the antichrist which you heard is coming, and now is already in the world.

Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Rev 16:14 For they are spirits of demons doing signs, which go forth to the kings of the earth, even of the whole habitable world to assemble them to the war of that day, the great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is the one watching and keeping his garments, that he does not walk naked, and they may see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And He assembled them in the place having been called in Hebrew, Armageddon.

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel coming down out of Heaven having great authority, and the earth was lighted up from his glory.
Rev 18:2 And he cried in a strong, great voice, saying, Babylon the great has fallen! It has fallen, and it has become a dwelling-place of demons, and a prison of every unclean spirit, and a prison of every unclean bird, even having been hated,
Rev 18:3 because of the wine of the anger of her fornication which all the nations have drunk, even the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her; and the merchants of the earth became rich from the power of her luxury.
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice out of Heaven saying, My people, come out of her, that you may not share in her sins, and that you may not receive of her plagues;
Rev 18:5 because her sins joined together, even up to Heaven, and God remembered her unjust deeds.
Rev 18:6 Give back to her as also she gave back to you, and double to her double, according to her works. In the cup which she mixed, mix to her double.
Rev 18:7 By what things she glorified herself, and luxuriated, by so much give back to her torment and mourning. Because she says in her heart, I sit as a queen, and I am not a widow; and I do not see mourning at all.
Rev 18:8 Because of this, in one day her plagues shall come: death, and mourning, and famine; and she will be consumed with fire, for the Lord God judging her is strong.

Christianity has separated herself from her roots, starting with the Roman Catholic Church, and is so divided that there is no way it will stand .....

Babylon has been building itself up for 2000 years, Christianity is looking for another world religion that will take over the world and do not see that it is most of it.

The scriptures are ALL addressed to Gods people, the world, the earth and heaven is about Israel, God will judge the people who claim to represent him.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 05-11-2017 at 05:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 07:22 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,051,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The spiritual gifts are not about physical seen things, they are about the spiritual.

I do "see" that you have a desire for knowledge and want to follow God, but you then want to bring it back down to what you can physically see, ie the scriptures, the written Torah, healing physical things. When Jesus was here in the flesh he did physical signs which related to spiritual things, and spoke in parables, the things he spoke about like seeds, vineyards, wine, meat related to the things of the kingdom of God which is the "spiritual" reign over the earth. But the reign is through Israel which has Become many nations

Christianity has separated herself from her roots, starting with the Roman Catholic Church, and is so divided that there is no way it will stand .....

Babylon has been building itself up for 2000 years, Christianity is looking for another world religion that will take over the world and do not see that it is most of it.

The scriptures are ALL addressed to Gods people, the world, the earth and heaven is about Israel, God will judge the people who claim to represent him.

No, it's about both. One is the root, one is the fruit. Healing manifests because the root has been dealt with. Peace

Old 05-12-2017, 09:43 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,934,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Agreed. My church believes freedom in Christ means free from the penalty of sin (salvation), power of sin (sanctification), presence of sin (glorification).
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Then you REALLY ought to look at the context of that citation and STOP making excuses.
Quote:
I don't know what that means.
The context is that some Judaizers were trying to make the new Christians in Galatia conform to Torah and circumcision. The specific reference is Galations 2:3But not even Titus, who was with me, though he was a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised. 4But it was because of the false brethren secretly brought in, who had sneaked in to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, in order to bring us into bondage. 5But we did not yield in subjection to them for even an hour, so that the truth of the gospel would remain with you."
It has NOTHING to do with "the penalty of sin," but EVERYTHING to do with trying to restrict believers to false standards.

Wake up!

Old 05-12-2017, 09:59 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,386,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, it's about both. One is the root, one is the fruit.
Healing manifests because the root has been dealt with. Peace
If you do not see any signs of life from the tree.
I would suggest removing it, including the roots.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:04 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,051,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you do not see any signs of life from the tree.
I would suggest removing it, including the roots.

Apply that to yourself. Peace

Old 05-12-2017, 01:49 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,807,765 times
Quote:
The context is that some Judaizers were trying to make the new Christians in Galatia conform to Torah and circumcision. The specific reference is Galations 2:3But not even Titus, who was with me, though he was a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised. 4But it was because of the false brethren secretly brought in, who had sneaked in to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, in order to bring us into bondage. 5But we did not yield in subjection to them for even an hour, so that the truth of the gospel would remain with you."
It has NOTHING to do with "the penalty of sin," but EVERYTHING to do with trying to restrict believers to false standards.

Wake up!
Wrong. The same person who wrote the above ^^^ wrote this:

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

Jesus said:

Mark 16:16

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:26 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,324,222 times
Quote:

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

Jesus said:

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
Of cause the wages of sin is death and the gift is eternal life, but what you have done is bought in to the lie that this is referring to something in the future. You experience death and life in this world. To be carnally minded is sin and death, and to spiritually minded is life and peace.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:32 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,934,911 times
Quote:

Jesus said:

Which has NOTHING to do with the point in question, which is what "Freedom in Christ" means and your assertion that it means something totally different from how it is used.

Are you trying to dodge the point.....again?

Old 05-12-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Of cause the wages of sin is death and the gift is eternal life, but what you have done is bought in to the lie that this is referring to something in the future. You experience death and life in this world. To be carnally minded is sin and death, and to spiritually minded is life and peace.
It does refer to the future, spiritual death or life everafter.

John 14

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Which has NOTHING to do with the point in question, which is what "Freedom in Christ" means and your assertion that it means something totally different from how it is used.

Are you trying to dodge the point.....again?
It has everything to do with freedom in Christ, from the penalty of sin. See Romans 6:23. Christians are no longer under the penalty of sin, but rather will live in the presence of God forever.

How can you not see that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity