Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Buy The Cole Theater Or Not?
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 09:09 PM

23,241 posts, read 10,527,389 times

Advertisements

MEH, Just Trying To Grab Attention

Law of Cleansing a Leper

1Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,

2“This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing. Now he shall be brought to the priest, 3and the priest shall go out to the outside of the camp. Thus the priest shall look, and if the infection of leprosy has been healed in the leper, 4then the priest shall give orders to take two live clean birds and cedar wood and a scarlet string and hyssop for the one who is to be cleansed.

5“The priest shall also give orders to slay the one bird in an earthenware vessel over running water. 6As for the live bird, he shall take it together with the cedar wood and the scarlet string and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the live bird in the blood of the bird that was slain over the running water. 7“He shall then sprinkle seven times the one who is to be cleansed from the leprosy and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the live bird go free over the open field. 8“The one to be cleansed shall then wash his clothes and shave off all his hair and bathe in water and be clean. Now afterward, he may enter the camp, but he shall stay outside his tent for seven days. 9“It will be on the seventh day that he shall shave off all his hair: he shall shave his head and his beard and his eyebrows, even all his hair. He shall then wash his clothes and bathe his body in water and be clean.

10“Now on the eighth day he is to take two male lambs without defect, and a yearling ewe lamb without defect, and three-tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil for a grain offering, and one log of oil; 11and the priest who pronounces him clean shall present the man to be cleansed and the aforesaid before the Lord at the doorway of the tent of meeting. 12“Then the priest shall take the one male lamb and bring it for a guilt offering, with the log of oil, and present them as a wave offering before the Lord. 13“Next he shall slaughter the male lamb in the place where they slaughter the sin offering and the burnt offering, at the place of the sanctuary—for the guilt offering, like the sin offering, belongs to the priest; it is most holy.

14“The priest shall then take some of the blood of the guilt offering, and the priest shall put it on the lobe of the right ear of the one to be cleansed, and on the thumb of his right hand and on the big toe of his right foot.

15“The priest shall also take some of the log of oil, and pour it into his left palm; 16the priest shall then dip his right-hand finger into the oil that is in his left palm, and with his finger sprinkle some of the oil seven times before the LORD. 17“Of the remaining oil which is in his palm, the priest shall put some on the right ear lobe of the one to be cleansed, and on the thumb of his right hand, and on the big toe of his right foot, on the blood of the guilt offering; 18while the rest of the oil that is in the priest’s palm, he shall put on the head of the one to be cleansed. So the priest shall make atonement on his behalf before the LORD.

19“The priest shall next offer the sin offering and make atonement for the one to be cleansed from his uncleanness. Then afterward, he shall slaughter the burnt offering. 20“The priest shall offer up the burnt offering and the grain offering on the altar. Thus the priest shall make atonement for him, and he will be clean.

21“But if he is poor and his means are insufficient, then he is to take one male lamb for a guilt offering as a wave offering to make atonement for him, and one-tenth of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil for a grain offering, and a log of oil, 22and two turtledoves or two young pigeons which are within his means, the one shall be a sin offering and the other a burnt offering.

23“Then the eighth day he shall bring them for his cleansing to the priest, at the doorway of the tent of meeting, before the LORD. 24“The priest shall take the lamb of the guilt offering and the log of oil, and the priest shall offer them for a wave offering before the LORD. 25“Next he shall slaughter the lamb of the guilt offering; and the priest is to take some of the blood of the guilt offering and put it on the lobe of the right ear of the one to be cleansed and on the thumb of his right hand and on the big toe of his right foot. 26“The priest shall also pour some of the oil into his left palm; 27and with his right-hand finger the priest shall sprinkle some of the oil that is in his left palm seven times before the LORD. 28The priest shall then put some of the oil that is in his palm on the lobe of the right ear of the one to be cleansed, and on the thumb of his right hand and on the big toe of his right foot, on the place of the blood of the guilt offering. 29“Moreover, the rest of the oil that is in the priest’s palm he shall put on the head of the one to be cleansed, to make atonement on his behalf before the LORD.

30“He shall then offer one of the turtledoves or young pigeons, which are within his means. 3 He shall offer what he can afford, the one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering, together with the grain offering. So the priest shall make atonement before the LORD on behalf of the one to be cleansed. 32“This is the law for him in whom there is an infection of leprosy, whose means are limited for his cleansing.”

Cleansing a Leprous House
33The LORD further spoke to Moses and to Aaron, saying:
34“When you enter the land of Canaan, which I give you for a possession, and I put a mark of leprosy on a house in the land of your possession,

35then the one who owns the house shall come and tell the priest, saying, ‘Something like a mark of leprosy has become visible to me in the house.36“The priest shall then command that they empty the house before the priest goes in to look at the mark, so that everything in the house need not become unclean; and afterward the priest shall go in to look at the house.

37“So he shall look at the mark, and if the mark on the walls of the house has greenish or reddish depressions and appears deeper than the surface, 38then the priest shall come out of the house, to the doorway, and quarantine the house for seven days. 39“The priest shall return on the seventh day and make an inspection. If the mark has indeed spread in the walls of the house, 40then the priest shall order them to tear out the stones with the mark in them and throw them away at an unclean place outside the city.

41“He shall have the house scraped all around inside, and they shall dump the plaster that they scrape off at an unclean place outside the city. 42“Then they shall take other stones and replace those stones, and he shall take other plaster and replaster the house.

43“If, however, the mark breaks out again in the house after he has torn out the stones and scraped the house, and after it has been replastered, 44then the priest shall come in and make an inspection. If he sees that the mark has indeed spread in the house, it is a malignant mark in the house; it is unclean. 45He shall therefore tear down the house, its stones, and its timbers, and all the plaster of the house, and he shall take them outside the city to an unclean place. 46“Moreover, whoever goes into the house during the time that he has quarantined it, becomes unclean until evening. 47“Likewise, whoever lies down in the house shall wash his clothes, and whoever eats in the house shall wash his clothes.

48“If, on the other hand, the priest comes in and makes an inspection and the mark has not indeed spread in the house after the house has been replastered, then the priest shall pronounce the house clean because the mark has not reappeared.

49“To cleanse the house then, he shall take two birds and cedar wood and a scarlet string and hyssop, 50and he shall slaughter the one bird in an earthenware vessel over running water. 51“Then he shall take the cedar wood and the hyssop and the scarlet string, with the live bird, and dip them in the blood of the slain bird as well as in the running water, and sprinkle the house seven times. 52“He shall thus cleanse the house with the blood of the bird and with the running water, along with the live bird and with the cedar wood and with the hyssop and with the scarlet string. 53“However, he shall let the live bird go free outside the city into the open field.

So he shall make atonement for the house, and it will be clean.” 54This is the law for any mark of leprosy—even for a scale, 55and for the leprous garment or house, 56and for a swelling, and for a scab, and for a bright spot— 57to teach when they are unclean and when they are clean. This is the law of leprosy.

The secret hidden law of Jesus is about how you are the house, '' Behold, the volume of the book, it is of you.''

YOU ARE THE HOUSE, you are the priest of your own house.

My Big Question to You, '' What is going on with the right lobe of the ear and the right hand,right big toe, and the mark in the forehead?''

What does it mean in the spiritual sense of things when the right ear is touched?

Isn't it the voice of God?

Release of Hebrew Servants
…16"It shall come about if he says to you, 'I will not go out from you,' because he loves you and your household, since he fares well with you; 17then you shall take an awl and pierce it through his ear into the door, and he shall be your servant forever. Also you shall do likewise to your maidservant. 18"It shall not seem hard to you when you set him free, for he has given you six years with double the service of a hired man; so the LORD your God will bless you in whatever you do.…

When you put an earing in the ear of a servant, it is so everyone may know that he is the servant of his master, and so it is the master's voice that rules the servant.

Let My People Go!

I mean, Let us Go up to the Cole Theater.

Cole Theatre in Rosenberg, TX - Cinema Treasures

I was thinking of buying the Cole Theater since I have spent so many hours in it, I wondered what my friends would say.

Should I purchase the Cole?

I need some kind of sign from God, I know if somebody doesn't do something, it would be lost, and what is third street to do then?

Close Your eyes and clear your mind and when you have done this, feel what is inside you while you pray about the Cole Theater, I mean will you?

I need a sign from God if I am going to make this great adventure, and whether you be Atheist or whatever you are, vote.

I mean close your eyes and think of nothing, and say, '' Cole Theater.''

Does it come up positive or negative, Look, I aint got no Shadow Queen, all I have is you, what should I do?

Buy the Cole?

I have always wanted to since I was 5.

But will it crush me?

Why can't the Valkyrie just come down and tell me what to do?

Oden is so freaking selfish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 11:15 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,952,217 times
Take a look at THIS one and consider: https://www.cascadetheatre.org/page.asp?navid=1034

The theater in which I saw my first color movie.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Take a look at THIS one and consider: https://www.cascadetheatre.org/page.asp?navid=1034

Yeah, Love those pics, saddest thing is when they began tearing down the drive ins. Who wants to live in such a place what aint got no drive in?

Old 05-29-2017, 12:52 PM

Default Are there still lepers?

Naaman Cured of Leprosy

(Luke 17:11-19)

1Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the LORD had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper. 2And the Syrians had gone out by companies, and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a little maid; and she waited on Naaman's wife. 3And she said unto her mistress, Would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy. 4And one went in, and told his lord, saying, Thus and thus said the maid that is of the land of Israel. 5And the king of Syria said, Go to, go, and I will send a letter unto the king of Israel. And he departed, and took with him ten talents of silver, and six thousand pieces of gold, and ten changes of raiment.
6And he brought the letter to the king of Israel/Not Judah, saying, Now when this letter is come unto thee, behold, I have therewith sent Naaman my servant to thee, that thou mayest recover him of his leprosy. 7And it came to pass, when the king of Israel had read the letter, that he rent his clothes, and said, Am I God, to kill and to make alive, that this man doth send unto me to recover a man of his leprosy? wherefore consider, I pray you, and see how he seeketh a quarrel against me.
8And it was so, when Elisha the man of God had heard that the king of Israel/Not Judah had rent his clothes, that he sent to the king, saying, Wherefore hast thou rent thy clothes? let him come now to me, and he shall know that there is a prophet in Israel/Not Judah. 9So Naaman came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha.

10And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean. 11But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.

12Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage. 13And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?

14Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.
Gehazi's Greed and Leprosy
15And he returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and came, and stood before him: and he said, Behold, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel: now therefore, I pray thee, take a blessing of thy servant.

16But he said, As the LORD liveth, before whom I stand, I will receive none. And he urged him to take it; but he refused. 17And Naaman said, Shall there not then, I pray thee, be given to thy servant two mules' burden of earth? for thy servant will henceforth offer neither burnt offering nor sacrifice unto other gods, but unto the LORD.

When You Are Still Involved In Paganism After You Have Been Cured Of Your Leprosy And You Have Seen The Work Of God After Bathing In The Sweet Flowing Waters Of The Jordan?

18In this thing the LORD pardon thy servant, that when my master goeth into the house of Rimmon to worship there, and he leaneth on my hand, and I bow myself in the house of Rimmon: when I bow down myself in the house of Rimmon, the LORD pardon thy servant in this thing. 19And he said unto him, Go in peace. So he departed from him a little way.

20But Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said, Behold, my master hath spared Naaman this Syrian, in not receiving at his hands that which he brought: but, as the LORD liveth, I will run after him, and take somewhat of him.

21So Gehazi followed after Naaman. And when Naaman saw him running after him, he lighted down from the chariot to meet him, and said, Is all well? 22And he said, All is well. My master hath sent me, saying, Behold, even now there be come to me from mount Ephraim two young men of the sons of the prophets: give them, I pray thee, a talent of silver, and two changes of garments. 23And Naaman said, Be content, take two talents. And he urged him, and bound two talents of silver in two bags, with two changes of garments, and laid them upon two of his servants; and they bare them before him. 24And when he came to the tower, he took them from their hand, and bestowed them in the house: and he let the men go, and they departed.

25But he went in, and stood before his master. And Elisha said unto him, Whence comest thou, Gehazi? And he said, Thy servant went no whither.

26And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee, when the man turned again from his chariot to meet thee? Is it a time to receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and maidservants? 27The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.

We have conquered leprosy but are there really lepers every where?

Is there a spiritual type of leprosy?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 05-29-2017 at 01:54 PM..

Old 05-29-2017, 12:53 PM

Moses' Hand
5"that they may believe that the LORD, the God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you." 6The LORD furthermore said to him, "Now put your hand into your bosom." So he put his hand into his bosom, and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous like snow. 7Then He said, "Put your hand into your bosom again." So he put his hand into his bosom again, and when he took it out of his bosom, behold, it was restored like the rest of his flesh.…

Is there a type of Spiritual lepers that need to be healed of Leprosy?

Old 05-29-2017, 01:42 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,062,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

Wow, the Art Deco details in this one are really stunning. Peace

Old 05-29-2017, 01:44 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,062,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Moses' Hand
5"that they may believe that the LORD, the God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you." 6The LORD furthermore said to him, "Now put your hand into your bosom." So he put his hand into his bosom, and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous like snow. 7Then He said, "Put your hand into your bosom again." So he put his hand into his bosom again, and when he took it out of his bosom, behold, it was restored like the rest of his flesh.…

Is there a type of Spiritual lepers that need to be healed of Leprosy?

Sure is. Peace

Old 05-29-2017, 01:49 PM

Does a person get a spiritual leprosy when he speaks against Moses?

Will you be shut out of the camp for 7 days after you speak against Moses?

The Murmuring of Miriam and Aaron

1And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman. 2And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it.

3(Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.) 4And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out. 5And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.
6And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

7My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.

8With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
9And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed. 10And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous. 11And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and wherein we have sinned. 12Let her not be as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he cometh out of his mother's womb.

13And Moses cried unto the LORD, saying, Heal her now, O God, I beseech thee. 14And the LORD said unto Moses, If her father had but spit in her face, should she not be ashamed seven days? let her be shut out from the camp seven days, and after that let her be received in again.

15And Miriam was shut out from the camp seven days: and the people journeyed not till Miriam was brought in again.

16And afterward the people removed from Hazeroth, and pitched in the wilderness of Paran.

Luke 17

11And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. 12And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:

He was going into the land of the TEN TRIBES Called,'' Ephraim.''

As a Jew he went into the land of Joseph, the land of Naphtali, the land of Zebulun of the ten lost tribes, those gentiles who had sat in darkness for 700 years, have now seen a great light, a betrothal to a Jew.

The Restoration of Jerusalem
…22'So many peoples and mighty nations will come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem and to entreat the favor of the LORD.' 23"Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'In those days tenmen from all the nations will grasp the garment of a Jew, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."'"

This reference of ten men is always pointing at the people who symbolically live in, and are attached to the promises to the gentiles of the ten tribes when a Messiah would come to redeem ten tribes of Gentiles back into Israel through a betrothal.

I would try and convince somebody that all Galilee of the nations in the land of Ephraim, in the land of the ten lost tribes, that this story of Jesus is telling us that all the people living in the land of the ten tribes are all lepers in symbolism, that Jesus was supposed to meet these ten lepers in Samaria.

The Samaritans claimed to be the new Israel, not Judah.

They remained separated from Judah, and they claimed to be the new ten lost tribes, the new Israel, The New Ephraim returned.

They were put into the same house that the ten tribes were put into, just as Christian Gentiles are only grafted in through the void in the ten lost tribes.

The ten tribes called the Torah a strange thing and invented their own pagan feasts.

The king of Assyria took out the ten tribes and put other people in their houses to become the new house of Israel/not Judah.

One priest was brought back from the lost ten tribes to teach these supposed new Israelites the religion of the ten lost tribes that caused the fall of the ten men.

Those Samaritans CERTAINLY did not become one with Jews.

The woman at the well who was living in the houses of the Northern kingdom of the ten tribes said,'' Our father Jacob Built this well.''

She was claiming to be of the new ten tribes that have now replaced the lost ten tribes of Ephraim, and so she makes the claim that Israel is her father especially through adoption because the sons of Joseph are adopted by Jacob.

Ephraim is an adopted son whose mother is a gentile.

But then Jesus comes along with the promised betrothal because CLEARLY, the Samaritans were not married to Jews to become one people because. Jesus tells the woman that the one she is living with is not her husband and he was speaking of Judah.

Jesus coming to the Northern kingdom of the lost ten tribes of Ephraim where they see a great light, they MUST SEE a Jew to get a betrothal from because this is the promise to the lost ten tribes and how it is that they become one people with the Jews as co-heirs, even as the ten tribes re gathered to Israel to appoint one king over them both as Messiah brings a covenant to Ephraim and Judah alone.

Those Samaritans had claimed they were Israel for 700 years but until a Jewish Messiah come with a betrothal to those ten lost tribes, they were lepers who were banished from the congregation of God.

Until they submit and choose to be obedient to a Jewish husband, they were lost as they had been lost for 700 years BECAUSE of their separation from Judah, in that they created their own worship system to remain separated.

Until they had seen a light in the land of darkness, they had no betrothal to a Jew that made them become one with Jews, but now Jesus would change all this and he would come converting people into the religion of God, having the same worship system in common with the Jews. Until they accepted Jesus as their Passover, their Ram of Pentecost, their Sukkot bull, they could not be like Jews or become one with Jews, simply because if they hadn't converted to Judaism, they would have remained lost without a betrothal.

For 100 years gentiles came converting to the same worship system and religion of the Jews in order to become one.

But after Christians go right back to the ways of the Samaritans, why would they still have a betrothal?

If Christianity follows in the same religion as the ten lost tribes{they do}, and if they follow in the same exact religion as the Samaritans{they do}, why would they still be making the claim of being Co-heirs with Jews when they are no longer married to Judah, and they are no longer in the same religion when they do not share in the Passover, in the Pentecost, in Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur, and they no longer have a bull for the 70 nations because they clearly reject the feast of Tabernacles, and the promised coming of the feast of Tabernacles, they are not things that are passed away, they are things to come.

Alive in Christ
…16Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a festival, a New Moon, or a Sabbath. 17Thesearea shadowof the thingsto come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ.

Hebrews 8:5
They serve at a copy and shadow of the heavenly sanctuary. That is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle, "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain."

Hebrews 10:1
The Law is only a shadow of the good things to come, not the realities themselves.

Is the separation of gentile Christianity from Jews and the ways of Jesus a type of leprosy?

Did the ten lepers symbolically point to the people living in the land of the ten tribes which had leprosy? Being separated from the congregation of God just like lepers, because they chose to refuse the ways of God and the feasts of Jerusalem that teach of a Jewish Messiah coming to betroth ten tribes through a betrothal?

To be unclean and separated from the seed of God like lepers?

There is such great hope in these scriptures because although they spoke against Moses and she received leprosy, and although she was separated from the congregation, there was still hope.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:50 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,952,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Wow, the Art Deco details in this one are really stunning. Peace
Yeah, even before restoration. We used to go in before the movies while the lights were still on and just look around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity