Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does the Sun Represent God and the Moon to Represent Messiah?
Yes 2 40.00%
No 3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2017, 02:11 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

Future Glory for Zion
…19"No longer will you have the sun for light by day, Nor for brightness will the moon give you light; But you will have the LORD for an everlasting light, And your God for your glory. 20"Your sun will no longer set, Nor will your moon wane; For you will have the LORD for an everlasting light, And the days of your mourning will be over. 21"Then all your people will be righteous; They will possess the land forever, The branch of My planting, The work of My hands, That I may be glorified.…

I will Sing of His Love Forever
…36"His descendants shall endure forever And his throne as the sun before Me. 37"It shall be established forever like the moon, And the witness in the sky is faithful." Selah.

Revelation 21:23
And the city has no need for sun or moon to shine on it, because the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its lamp.

Isaiah 30:26
The light of the moon will be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven days, on the day the LORD binds up the fracture of His people and heals the bruise He has inflicted.

Psalm 27:1
A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?

Isaiah 24:23 When the Lord comes
Then the moon will be abashed and the sun ashamed, For the LORD of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, And His glory will be before His elders.

The Return of the Son of Man
23So be on your guard; I have told you everything in advance. 24However, after the tribulation of those days, ‘The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.’…

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; Today at 02:42 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 12:51 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Perhaps something to consider.

Sons and Daughters.
Widow and orphans
The Crucifixion
…25Near the cross of Jesus stood His mother and her sister, as well as Mary the wife of Clopas and Mary Magdalene. 26When Jesus saw His mother and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, “Woman, here is your son.” 27Then He said to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” So from that hour, this disciple took her into his home.…

1 Thessalonians 5New International Version (NIV)

The Day of the Lord

5 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Final Instructions

12 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil.
23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.
25 Brothers and sisters, pray for us. 26 Greet all God’s people with a holy kiss. 27 I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers and sisters.
28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:02 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
In Revelation 12 :1 ...A great wonder in heaven ; a woman clothed with the sun , and the moon under her feet , and on her head a crown of twelve stars ......... `` Where clothed with the sun represents the eternal light of Christ , the moon under her feet represents authority of God were the moon is a foot stool , and the head a crown of twelve stars represents the twelve apostles with crown of victory .............. Jesus told here that the moon represents authority ......

Old 05-23-2017, 03:06 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Or....the woman/soul is as the soul of the overcomer, Joseph in type, and the sun, moon and stars are doing obeisance to him, ie. clothing him in glory. The moon is as the law, his foundation is the law. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity