Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 07:23 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,856,150 times

Advertisements

In my experience, Christians frown upon the idea of dream interpretation. Even if it is very basic and accepted symbology. So I don't think you are going to get any insight from a Christian source.

The only message you will get is this: "Give up all of this dream nonsense and come back to Jesus." THE END
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 08:18 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,870 times
[quote=JeanneVanderbilt;48639070]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Thank you, n..Xuipa. I had heard that we are to ask God if the message was from him if he would reveal the meaning to us. I can respect that. I was hoping to hear from other Christians who might have had a similar experience or perhaps could through a gift of discernment shed some light on them for me. I appreciate your advice. Thank you.
OH I was not condemning you for asking people , we all do that .
but I am just letting you know that he can reveal way more about a dream than men can especially if you give him time to give you the ears to hear the meanings and his truth . these dreams he gives us can change us too.

so it is good to ask for the eyes to see and ears to hear his wisdom right ?
one dream I had there was like 4 different levels of it's meaning and I could only hear it as he changed me with new insight. The dream became a witness to his truths as he reveals it as precept on precept building on the last one .

Old 06-26-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
In my experience, Christians frown upon the idea of dream interpretation. Even if it is very basic and accepted symbology. So I don't think you are going to get any insight from a Christian source.

The only message you will get is this: "Give up all of this dream nonsense and come back to Jesus." THE END
first I didn't say that.
second I only shy away from spiritless peoples
formulas for interpeting dreams .. as it can be and often is divining boarding on witchcraft if we are USING God's spirit or some things "spirit" .. to divine a meaning.. as opposed to following His spirit to his meaning .
as she has so many dreams I think she first needs to seek Him about the interpretations .
I think he is trying to talk to her . but He is using "dark speech" because it goes past her mind and can't be filtered by her intellect. thus speaking to her heart not her mind.
which to also means her mind needs to be washed more with the word of God where he can trigger verses of his word.
that would be my guess right now.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:39 PM

115 posts, read 96,112 times
You should always pray over a dream you think might have come from God. When you do that the Holy Spirit will often reveal you more and begin to explain its elements.

THE GIFT OF DREAM INTERPRETATION

All people see dreams but those with prophetic gift can often interpret other people’s dreams. In Genesis 41 Joseph is brought from the dungeon to see the Pharaoh as his chief butler knows that Joseph has the gift of dream interpretation. Both the butler and the Pharaoh worshipped the Egyptian gods. Perhaps the Pharaoh was used to seeing demonic dreams. But this dream has come from God. That’s why none of the magicians of Egypt could interpret it.

Joseph and Daniel must be the most famous dream interpreters of all time. Both confessed that it was God who gave them their ability.

Here are five principles that can help you interpret God-given dreams.
1. Ask God for the interpretation

Many often miss this first step. Remember that if God gave you the dream He can also give you the interpretation.
2. Consider the symbols

Are there any symbols in the dream that have personal significance to you? Be careful with dream dictionaries unless they focus on biblical symbols. In the ancient Babylon, a black cat was the bearer of good fortune but in the Middle Ages it was linked to witchcraft.
There are no references to black cats in the Bible. What does a black cat mean to you?
3. What is the emotional atmosphere?

The emotional atmosphere of a dream is important and it often helps you interpret it. For example, the dream might show a challenging situation but the atmosphere is faith-filled. This usually means that God is showing that you will be able to overcome your challenges.
4. Does the dream feel realistic?

There are dreams that appear realistic and they can refer to past real events or future events. If they come from God they usually bring their own interpretation.
5. Is the dream meant to be understood immediately?

Dreams often refer to distant future. It took years before Joseph’s dream about the Sun, Moon and the eleven stars bowing down to him come to pass. When he saw the dream he had no real understanding of its meaning.

If you don’t understand a dream, put it aside, but don’t disregard it. Later on, it can give you great confidence as when it comes to pass you will know that you are walking in the will of God. Joseph knew that it was God who had raised him to rule Egypt because He wanted to save Joseph’s family so he blessed his brothers rather than revenged their treachery.
6. Is the dream meant to be shared immediately?

I saw a dream concerning my local church in Finland over fifteen years ago. Yet, I shared that dream to the leaders only recently, as they had arrived in the season shown in the dream.

Don’t assume automatically that a dream should be shared immediately. Instead, pray over it, and God will give you wisdom regarding sharing the dream at the right moment.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneVanderbilt View Post
You should always pray over a dream you think might have come from God. When you do that the Holy Spirit will often reveal you more and begin to explain its elements.

THE GIFT OF DREAM INTERPRETATION

All people see dreams but those with prophetic gift can often interpret other people’s dreams. In Genesis 41 Joseph is brought from the dungeon to see the Pharaoh as his chief butler knows that Joseph has the gift of dream interpretation. Both the butler and the Pharaoh worshipped the Egyptian gods. Perhaps the Pharaoh was used to seeing demonic dreams. But this dream has come from God. That’s why none of the magicians of Egypt could interpret it.

Joseph and Daniel must be the most famous dream interpreters of all time. Both confessed that it was God who gave them their ability.

Here are five principles that can help you interpret God-given dreams.
1. Ask God for the interpretation

Many often miss this first step. Remember that if God gave you the dream He can also give you the interpretation.
2. Consider the symbols

Are there any symbols in the dream that have personal significance to you? Be careful with dream dictionaries unless they focus on biblical symbols. In the ancient Babylon, a black cat was the bearer of good fortune but in the Middle Ages it was linked to witchcraft.
There are no references to black cats in the Bible. What does a black cat mean to you?
3. What is the emotional atmosphere?

The emotional atmosphere of a dream is important and it often helps you interpret it. For example, the dream might show a challenging situation but the atmosphere is faith-filled. This usually means that God is showing that you will be able to overcome your challenges.
4. Does the dream feel realistic?

There are dreams that appear realistic and they can refer to past real events or future events. If they come from God they usually bring their own interpretation.
5. Is the dream meant to be understood immediately?

Dreams often refer to distant future. It took years before Joseph’s dream about the Sun, Moon and the eleven stars bowing down to him come to pass. When he saw the dream he had no real understanding of its meaning.

If you don’t understand a dream, put it aside, but don’t disregard it. Later on, it can give you great confidence as when it comes to pass you will know that you are walking in the will of God. Joseph knew that it was God who had raised him to rule Egypt because He wanted to save Joseph’s family so he blessed his brothers rather than revenged their treachery.
6. Is the dream meant to be shared immediately?

I saw a dream concerning my local church in Finland over fifteen years ago. Yet, I shared that dream to the leaders only recently, as they had arrived in the season shown in the dream.

Don’t assume automatically that a dream should be shared immediately. Instead, pray over it, and God will give you wisdom regarding sharing the dream at the right moment.
yes excellent

then I would only add that washing your mind with his word would require him to give you Less
" Dark"/ even his word is dark speech in many places and even in it's true concepts so that we have to seek him and his spirit and his light to understand it right? as we learn his word he can start to trigger verses or biblical concepts to fill in the blanks and give light to a
"dark dream".
because the dark dreams are His spirit reaching past your intellect .. no one else's. so most likely your intellect is part of unraveling of it . But I will guess it is an intellect that is being washed in his word. does that make sense?

Old 06-26-2017, 09:08 PM

OK ON the statium and three year old.. maybe read REV 12 and see if it triggers anything ..
with king planet in the virgin and there is also interesting alignments in 3 years from this last Chanukah .. that might be a timing dream maybe. there maybe be some specifics about direction for you .. depending on what wood floor and the 5 flags mean to you in 3 years. see.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 06-26-2017 at 09:23 PM..

Old 06-26-2017, 09:12 PM

the 8th day ..
well I think he is saying you have been rewarded the 8th day.
this is awesome news for you. but I will let you seek him in all of that concept around it . ok.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:21 PM

on the last dream I will leave you with a few concepts to pray about .
ancient paths and ancient houses etc.. so maybe you will know it when you see it .
but the trees can sometimes be about ancient things that go deep into the earth and into time.
but your trees these are just man made man drawn in lines.
so he is pointing at oldest things in this dream I believe,and contrasting it to things that look old and should be old but are not old or deep .
so pray about that and see if it triggers study into his word and history maybe.
I don't have the gift of dream interpretation that I know of .. but if I had these dreams I would start praying and seeking him in those areas to get more understanding from him about those kinds of things, If I had had those dreams myself .
that is the only way I can help you.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
first I didn't say that.
second I only shy away from spiritless peoples
formulas for interpeting dreams .. as it can be and often is divining boarding on witchcraft if we are USING God's spirit or some things "spirit" .. to divine a meaning.. as opposed to following His spirit to his meaning .
as she has so many dreams I think she first needs to seek Him about the interpretations .
I think he is trying to talk to her . but He is using "dark speech" because it goes past her mind and can't be filtered by her intellect. thus speaking to her heart not her mind.
which to also means her mind needs to be washed more with the word of God where he can trigger verses of his word.
that would be my guess right now.
Thank you. I will consider all of this respectfully, thank you.

I knew nothing of numbers in dreams until I was seeking it out, as I had heard God may use numbers in dreams. The number 8 represents new beginnings, etc. This seems appropriate since I had repented and gone through forgiveness prayers, releasing old resentments and unforgiveness I had been hanging on to. It was very hard to do but once I learned we can't do it with our emotions--we have to forgive with our will.

Thank you, again, for your comments.

God bless,
Jeanne

Old 06-26-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
on the last dream I will leave you with a few concepts to pray about .
ancient paths and ancient houses etc.. so maybe you will know it when you see it .
but the trees can sometimes be about ancient things that go deep into the earth and into time.
but your trees these are just man made man drawn in lines.
so he is pointing at oldest things in this dream I believe,and contrasting it to things that look old and should be old but are not old or deep .
so pray about that and see if it triggers study into his word and history maybe.
I don't have the gift of dream interpretation that I know of .. but if I had these dreams I would start praying and seeking him in those areas to get more understanding from him about those kinds of things, If I had had those dreams myself .
that is the only way I can help you.
Thank you for all your help. You brought some things to light that I couldn't see or didn't consider. Are you sure you don't have that gift?

You have helped me immensely!

Jeanne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity