Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 10:21 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,813,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Maybe his feet were super cold and turned the water into a little floating ice walkway.
I don't know. Why does Jesus do any of the things he does?

lol.

I like this question.

Actually, maybe it was just to give his disciples encouragement/strength.
Like "Look guys, you're doing the right thing. Don't start getting discouraged or having doubts, look at me, I'm walking on water for goodness sakes... can any normal human being do this? This is an important mission. Everything is going to be ok. You're in good hands."
Good point. The disciples were frightened. Jesus said, "Fear not-it is I".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 10:21 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,941,575 times
I like Pleroo's floaties idea..

lol. that literally made me laugh out loud.
that felt good...

Old 07-31-2017, 10:23 AM

692 posts, read 376,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Talking to believers here, not debating atheists, naturally......haha, let's see how much that is respected!!!!! We could, of course ignore them, and talk amongst ourselves....yes, lets!!!
Novel idea, since there are plenty of other places to engage with them.

I see many reasons why Jesus walked on water...you?
RESPONSE: Because his feet hurt and he knew where the rocks were?

Old 07-31-2017, 05:02 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,421,397 times
You know it's funny, Pleroo, how much you understand and yet ...didn't you say you were an agnostic , skeptic or a recovering Christian? I forget.
It's also funny how if i were reading here, on the forum, I would much rather be like you than the many Bible quoting Christians here. Funny , huh?
I would certainly be proud to introduce you to any of my friends...but, embarrassed of many others here and what judgement and warnings might come outta them.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:06 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,884,921 times
If you "believe" that Jesus walked on water, then, like Peter, that means you will avoid being immersed or truly baptized.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:09 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,421,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If you "believe" that Jesus walked on water, then, like Peter, that means you will avoid being immersed or truly baptized.
Are you implying people do not want to be immersed in baptism? I didn't understand your point, Ozzy. thanks.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:19 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,411,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You know it's funny, Pleroo, how much you understand and yet ...didn't you say you were an agnostic , skeptic or a recovering Christian? I forget.
I'm an a-labelist.

Quote:
It's also funny how if i were reading here, on the forum, I would much rather be like you than the many Bible quoting Christians here. Funny , huh?
I would certainly be proud to introduce you to any of my friends...but, embarrassed of many others here and what judgement and warnings might come outta them.
Thank you MissH. You know you've inspired me in important ways, and I'm grateful for you.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:29 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,075,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Missed this. I really doubt that, as Moses parting the Sea was really G-d parting the Sea, as His "woman" Egypt's water broke and He had to extract His son He was to name Israel. Elisha's was also a indication of a covenant son having been born, as he received the double portion. Peace
Yahweh's woman was Egypt? Are you talking about the take-over from the Hyksos that the Egyptians later expelled? I have no idea about Elisha's double portion, he parted the sea (of Jordan) by striking it with the cape as well. Also, which one of a "covenant son" do you refer to?

Old 07-31-2017, 06:33 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,075,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Trust Fall? Trust Plunge?

Old 07-31-2017, 06:59 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,055,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Yahweh's woman was Egypt? Are you talking about the take-over from the Hyksos that the Egyptians later expelled? I have no idea about Elisha's double portion, he parted the sea (of Jordan) by striking it with the cape as well. Also, which one of a "covenant son" do you refer to?

Did you miss the part about the parting of the Reed Sea, and "out of Egypt (a type of the flesh) I will call my son", pattern? It was a BIRTH. And I have NO IDEA what your comment means about the "Hyksos". The covenant son that is to inherit the double portion, of course. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity