Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2017, 02:42 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,737 times

Advertisements

Jesus was confronted about the woman who had been caught in the act of adultery with pharisees trying to catch Him in wrong when He was asked what he recommended. He said, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone." When all the accusers walked out, Jesus told the woman, "Neither do I condemn thee. Go and sin no more."
I believe that God would be greatly pleased if everyone on the face of the earth would be saved. See 2 Peter 3:[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any of them should perish.
Jesus said in Luke 15:[[7] I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repen tance.
See the words of the thief on the cross in Luke 23:[42] He said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. [43] And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.
See Luke 18:[9] And Jesus spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: [10] Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. [11] The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. [12] I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. [13] And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. [14] I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Jesus also said in John 3:[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 02:50 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Fundie learned a new term today. Fundies use fear to recruit and control. Both the Muslim and Christian varieties represent a clear and very present danger to individuals and to society.
Fundamentalism must be combated and defeated.

Sorry for the diversion, MissH.
You're funny 'must be eliminated'....and pcamps...I love ya...but
ya gotta knock off the ad homs...it's just not productive in communicating..
smacks of meanness...sorry...just a suggestion...even if it came at you first.
Anyway, anything someone presently believes is perfect for them ...'now'...it's all part of
the process of evolving...can't miss steps, ya know...

Old 08-02-2017, 02:54 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You're funny 'must be eliminated'....and pcamps...I love ya...but
ya gotta knock off the ad homs...it's just not productive in communicating..
smacks of meanness...sorry...just a suggestion...even if it came at you first.
Anyway, anything someone presently believes is perfect for them ...'now'...it's all part of
the process of evolving...can't miss steps, ya know...
Thank you for that. I'd like to have a nice discussion without personal insults. You and I do disagree on some things, and we can certainly have those disagreements in a nice way. I just wish others would learn by your example.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm the one advocating for reading it in context, not just ripping one verse out of context, as the OP did, and as many on here are suggesting. You need to read 3:18 and 8:15 in context.
Please...Let me introduce myself, the OP, ...I am Miss H for short, even MH is ok...
I did not rip anything...I held a verse Jesus said himself up high with happiness to be discussed.

BaptistFundie:' I just wish others would learn by your example.'

Bless you, my son.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Please...Let me introduce myself, the OP, ...I am Miss H for short, even MH is ok...
I did not rip anything...I held a verse Jesus said himself up high with happiness to be discussed.

BaptistFundie:' I just wish others would learn by your example.'

Bless you, my son.
My apologies if you took that to be a personal insult. I was asking how you reconcile those 2 verses. One does not stand without the other. Can you reconcile them?

Old 08-02-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Jesus was confronted about the woman who had been caught in the act of adultery with pharisees trying to catch Him in wrong when He was asked what he recommended. He said, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone." When all the accusers walked out, Jesus told the woman, "Neither do I condemn thee. Go and sin no more."
I believe that God would be greatly pleased if everyone on the face of the earth would be save..
I know, right? And she had no idea who he was.
Great example of my point...God loves us, simply loves us...even the most stupid of us....and
He wants us to grow and become pure...because purity is the key to the Door!
OOps,
another topic!

Old 08-02-2017, 03:08 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Whaaaa? If you dont' wish to have an honest discussion, fine.

You remind me of Vizio. I think you very well might BE Vizio. Nothing dishonest in my saying that, but you claiming it is, is a convenient way for you to avoid the point. The passage you referred to, claiming that "condemned/judged already" means people are headed to eternal torment, actually defines exactly what the judgment is and nowhere does it say anything about eternal torment. So, would you like to acknowledge that you are reading things into the text that are not actually there?

Old 08-02-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
My apologies if you took that to be a personal insult.
I was asking how you reconcile those 2 verses.
One does not stand without the other. Can you reconcile them?
i answered you last night around 7 pm....there are so many verses that contradict each other, i said it bogles the mind.
No, it wasn't insulting, dear.
Gotta run for a few hours.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:39 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
It means what it means in the context of the entire chapter. Condemned means condemned -- judged as being sinful and not in the light. It means not born again and in God's Kingdom.

Sorry...I don't read the KJV very often. Just not my thing. I prefer better translations.

But what is your point regarding Romans 2:4? Have you read the 3 verses prior? Or the verses after?
No it does not, it means already condemned not will be condemned how you are saying so it suits the doctrine of men you follow . You know perfectly well it says that mr computer out of context guy. It also means nothing of what you are saying above too.

My point about Romans 2:4 is what i have already stated, condemnation from God cannot possibly cause a man to repent, because we naturally avoid where ever it comes from or we fight it, unlike the Goodness of God which softens the heart to cause us to respond positevly to it,. When i say repentance i mean returning to a place God as always desired us to abide in, not how you calvinist thinking fundies make it out to be.

I'm not done with you yet. I will be back mr context, yea right, where have we all heard that before laugh my English arse off.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No it does not, it means already condemned not will be condemned how you are saying so it suits the doctrine of men you follow . You know perfectly well it says that mr computer out of context guy. It also means nothing of what you are saying above too.

My point about Romans 2:4 is what i have already stated, condemnation from God cannot possibly cause a man to repent, because we naturally avoid where ever it comes from or we fight it, unlike the Goodness of God which softens the heart to cause us to respond positevly to it,. When i say repentance i mean returning to a place God as always desired us to abide in, not how you calvinist thinking fundies make it out to be.

I'm not done with you yet. I will be back mr context, yea right, where have we all heard that before laugh my English arse off.
Do you know what John 3 is talking about? The whole chapter? I haven't seen any indication that you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity