Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 11:31 AM

4,765 posts, read 2,005,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So Omega BP Vizio, which of the above scriptural statements do you disagree with ?.
Those aren't Scriptural statement, They are you lack of understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, the Bereans searched the scriptures to see whether what Paul said about Prophecy were true. YOU are described by: "39You pore over the Scriptures because you presume that by them you possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, 40yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.…"
It had nothing to do with prophecy, but the point is I don't take anyone word for an interpretation, including my pastor. I search the Scriptures to see if I can find a verse or passage that reinforces what was said.

The Scriptures don't give us eternal life, they tell us how to get it and how we can know we have it.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I explained my understanding of them

1, John 3:16... my understanding of it..... in believing Jesus,God lifts our condemnation
The verse doesn't say or even imply that. You try to make it universal and it is not.

Quote:
2, Romans 2:4... my understanding of it .... That is manifested goodness cause us to repent
Again you have tried to make it universal and it is not.

Quote:
3, Romans 12:2 .... my understanding of it .....That the believer is tranformed by the renewal of the mind
The BELIEVER is transformed, but again that is not universal by the very verse you quoted.

Quote:
4, Romans 6:14....my understanding of it ..... That God wants us to hit the mark not miss it.
You got that one right, but that is a no brainer,

Explain where you disagree with my understanding of them please.[/quote]

My main disagreement is that you are making the verses universal, applying to every one. It should be obvious, even in this forum, that they are not universal.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:48 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,142,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Study does not guarantee understanding.
Yea...It does...Unless one is a complete idiot...The majority of Christians are educated via books and tapes and commentaries, etc....So that when they actually do read the bible they insert the interpretation of the author of the last book that they read...They look for that warm and fuzzy...

Old 08-07-2017, 11:56 AM

[quote=pcamps;49094318]Oh i see so the character of Jesus is only good when it suits you.You need some lessons in reading between the lines. You are notgood at it.

Quote:
He forgives the woman caught in sin easily, freely and without condemnation and now you want your Jesus to beat folk up with TULIPS ?.
The TULIP has nothing to do with judgement or forgiveness. All of them except "limited atonement" are reinforced y Scripture. Your the theology is man-made

Quote:
You can't make this stuff up
That's right but you sure can.

Quote:
You show contempt towards the scriptures, deny the goodness of God and reject the scriptures
No. I show contempt towards your theology and reject your man-made theology. Those who add to God's word, l ike you are the ones who deny the goodness of God.

Quote:
Or do you show contempt >>> "FOR THE RICHES OF HIS KINDNESS" forbearance and patience, NOT REALIZING>>>>> that God's KINDNESS is intended to lead you to repentance?
Quote:

This is not man made theology it is write there in your bible. You would be able to see it too if you removed you TULIP tinted glasses.
Your understanding is man made. You need to get your spiritual vision perscription changed. Your theology is very fuzzy.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Thank you Miss H, you are so tolerant of us consertavive luvvy duuvy believers who are not afraid in love to call a spade a spade. Everyone gets a free pass in my book, who am i to judge, but those who want to send you to hell, do not pass go, do not collect forgiveness go straight to hell boy they need the truth right up them.

luvvy duvvy Camps
Luvvy duvvy does not say someone is not a Christian like you do. You deliberately disobeyed Jesus. You are the most critical person in the forum when someone does not agree with your man made, incorrect theology.

You are only luvvy duvvy to those who agree with you, which makes you not truly luvvy duvvy.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
What is it with you guys? You just can't get out of your paranoia or what? ALL three of those people are DIFFERENT posters, and I think you're smart enough to know that, so what's your REAL motive in doing this?
I think they were dropped on their head as babies.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
That birds of a feather look alike?
Actually they don't. Their feathers set them apart. Just quibbling a bit.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:14 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,077,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Luvvy duvvy does not say someone is not a Christian like you do. You deliberately disobeyed Jesus. You are the most critical person in the forum when someone does not agree with your man made, incorrect theology.

You are only luvvy duvvy to those who agree with you, which makes you not truly luvvy duvvy.

That about sums it up. Peace

Old 08-07-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea...It does...Unless one is a complete idiot...The majority of Christians are educated via books and tapes and commentaries, etc....So that when they actually do read the bible they insert the interpretation of the author of the last book that they read...They look for that warm and fuzzy...
Of course we use helps to try and understand the Bible better. God has gifted some with a better understanding, but we don't automatically accept interpretation.

I don't look for a warm fuzzy, I look for a hot one" Were not our hearts burning within us while He was speaking to us on the road, while He was explaining the Scriptures to us? Lk 24:32.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity