Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 01:39 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,104,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I believe he understands a great deal more than you.
He can actually think and reason for himself.
Really? Personal attacks? Nice. Good for you!

I'm just saying what has been taught in Christianity for 2000 years. I'm sorry if you don't believe it, and if others don't believe it. I find it interesting that you would spend so much time discussing Christianity if you don't actually believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 02:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,471,391 times
Quote:
I believe he understands a great deal more than you.
He can actually think and reason for himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Really? Personal attacks? Nice. Good for you!

I'm just saying what has been taught in Christianity for 2000 years. I'm sorry if you don't believe it, and if others don't believe it.
I find it interesting that you would spend so much time discussing Christianity if you don't actually believe it.
If you wanted to discuss it, you would begin with loving God and your neighbor as yourself.
Not by throwing a rule book at people, saying they are eternally damn, if they don't believe it.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:45 PM

10,098 posts, read 5,025,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You judge according to the flesh: I judge not any man. - Jesus
Sure, I took it out of context...but it stands alone in MY book.
What do the fear-based Bible thumpers say to this?
Can you picture Jesus saying this? Because...wow.
Jesus, according to Isaiah 11:3-4, does Not judge according to the flesh ( appearance to the eyes ) but Jesus can read and judge by people's hearts. If one's heart leans toward righteousness like the figurative ' sheep ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37.

Compare John 8:15 with John 7:24 which I find is in harmony with Deuteronomy 1:16-17.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
If you wanted to discuss it, you would begin with loving God and your neighbor as yourself.
Not by throwing a rule book at people, saying they are eternally damn, if they don't believe it.
You kind of like playing that card, don't you? It's all you've got. You accuse us of rule books, blah blah blah.

What's ironic is that you don't even recognize that Jesus said that the fulfillment of the LAW was to love God and your neighbor. So while condemning the Law, you don't even realize that your religion is based on the Law.

Again...good for you! You may as well be a pharisee.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I'm just saying what has been taught in Christianity for 2000 years. I'm sorry if you don't believe it, and if others don't believe it........................
What has been taught in Christianity for 2,000 years is what gospel writer Luke wrote forewarning us at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30 that false shepherds would be fleecing the flock of God. ( fleecing with false teachings just being taught as Scripture but Not really Scripture - Matthew 15:9 )
That ties in with Jesus' illustration about how the genuine ' wheat ' Christians would grow together over the centuries with the fake ' weed/tares' Christians until the Harvest Time, or the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37. So, it is No wonder that in Matthew chapter 7 Jesus warned that MANY would come ' in his name' but prove false.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What has been taught in Christianity for 2,000 years is what gospel writer Luke wrote forewarning us at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30 that false shepherds would be fleecing the flock of God. ( fleecing with false teachings just being taught as Scripture but Not really Scripture - Matthew 15:9 )
That ties in with Jesus' illustration about how the genuine ' wheat ' Christians would grow together over the centuries with the fake ' weed/tares' Christians until the Harvest Time, or the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37. So, it is No wonder that in Matthew chapter 7 Jesus warned that MANY would come ' in his name' but prove false.
In this instance here, the person I'm speaking to doesn't even pretend to be a Christian. So I'm not sure your point here.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
In this instance here, the person I'm speaking to doesn't even pretend to be a Christian. So I'm not sure your point here.
Sorry, I wasn't more clear, but wanted to emphasize that Not all that is taught in modern-day or 'so-called Christianity' (Christendom) is from the Bible, but rather from church traditions or church customs outside of Scripture but just taught as being Scripture. Thus a person's worship could be in vain - Matthew 15:9.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Getting back to the beginning of this thread, Jesus did not judge; we are already judged if we have not acceped Jesus to be our Savior AND LORD.
How can living persons already be judged since they are still alive and still at this time can ' repent ' so as Not to ' perish ' (be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9.

Isn't the coming ' time of separation ' on Earth a final judgement by Christ according to Matthew 25:31-33,37.
The figurative ' sheep ' receive a favorable judgement at that time before Jesus beings his 1,000-year reign over Earth.
Even as Matthew 24:13 says to 'endure to the end' if you want to be saved.
The people of Hebrews 6:4-6 did Not endure, and those of Matthew 12:32 also did Not endure but fell away.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Sorry, I wasn't more clear, but wanted to emphasize that Not all that is taught in modern-day or 'so-called Christianity' (Christendom) is from the Bible, but rather from church traditions or church customs outside of Scripture but just taught as being Scripture. Thus a person's worship could be in vain - Matthew 15:9.
I get that. There are many churches today that are full of man-made traditions that get used over Scripture. However, what has been taught for 2000 years is the sound doctrine I'm referring to -- specifically salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus alone.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I get that. There are many churches today that are full of man-made traditions that get used over Scripture. However, what has been taught for 2000 years is the sound doctrine I'm referring to -- specifically salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus alone.
I find Jesus alone taught us at Matthew 24:13 to endure to the end in order to be saved ( delivered / rescued - Rev. 7:14)
To me that means endure faithful to either the end of one's life, or endure faithful to the coming time of Matthew 25:31-33,37. Yes, salvation by God's undeserving grace, and faith without works ( spiritual works - Matthew 24:14; 28:18-20) is dead according to James 2:26,19.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity