Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 04:01 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,819,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I see, you think you have come in the name of the Lord . pfft. No prophet of God came bible quoting.
bread and water.

And having an high priest over the house of God; 22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)

It was just before the Passover Festival. Jesus knew that the hour had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.
2 The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already prompted Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus. 3 Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; 4 so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. 5 After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.
6 He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”
7 Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”
8 “No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”
Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”
9 “Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!”
10 Jesus answered, “Those who have had a bath need only to wash their feet; their whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you.” 11 For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean.
12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 04:56 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,057,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
Seven mountains which are seven heads, the Chitti sons of Heth, the Gergasenos-Gergashi, the Amori, the Kanaani, the Perizzi-Perushiin, the Evi-Chivi Evite fleshmongers, and the Ybusi fake Yhudim, seven heathen-nations greater and mightier than the sons of Yisrael, (and there are seven kings). And if you read Matthew 23 attentively you may find a hail of fiery stones cast upon the heads of the Perushiin, (that is פירושיין, the number of the name is six hundred sixty six). So beware of the anthropon-manfaced countenances, for they will deliver you up to the sanhedrins, and they will scourge you in their synagogues, and you shall be brought before governors and kings for the sake of the name of Meshiah, for a testimony against them and the heathen. Beware of the leaven of Herod, and of the leaven of the Perushiin, and of the leaven of the Shodushim, for the kingdom of the heavens is like unto leaven which a woman took and hid in three measures of flour until the whole lump was leavened: and the kingdom of Elohim is within you, and Torah is supernal and internal. But when the fullness of the heathen are entered in, then shall the Deliverer come forth out of Zion: and in the same manner shall all Yisrael be delivered.

Amen...may it be in our days. Peace

Old 09-05-2017, 06:12 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,403,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It sounds like you are saying the commandment rightly recognized as being good brought death when in unbelief, then becomes life when you come to faith. I do not agree with that. They testify of Jesus Christ, if they do not point us away from them(the scriptures) unto Jesus Christ, then you might as well not be reading them, because they kill you. For it is Jesus Christ we look to and gaze upon, and as we do we are changed into his likeness. Have you ever wondered why the fundies are all for wars, againt sin(in everybody but their own) and strong belief in God's judgement upon the nations....... that's right, they are looking at the scriptures thinking they are life instead of looking away unto the one they testify of. You do not see any of that when you look unto Jesus Christ, what you see is the exact representation of God. We will never found Jesus Christ in the scriptures, what you will find is they testify of and how to seek, find and know him.

"We have found Him whom Moses wrote of in the Law, also the prophets

For what the law could not do(no matter how good it was) because of the flesh >>>>>> God did by sending his son. God did something apart from the law, the law was not the son, the son was Life itself(I am the Life).

I know Rbbi hates the amplified version, but you cannot argue with how it translates this verse

But now the righteousness of God has been clearly revealed [independently and completely] APART FROM THE LAW, though it is [actually] confirmed by the Law and the [words and writings of the] Prophets. Romans 3:21

The scriptures are great but they are not THE Life, the one they testify of IS. There are not 2 Lifes, the scriptures and Jesus Christ are clearly not the same.

Thank you misunderstood me some there brother. the law is not given to the gentile it is given to Israel the sons of God. And we need the glory of the one to be able to go from glory to glory.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:46 PM

619 posts, read 312,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Amen...may it be in our days. Peace
It is, but to each in his or her own appointed times, for the Good News is personal and individual. Can a nation be born in a day? Yes, at the place having been called Kranion, the Skull, Gulgolet-Golgotha.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:53 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,944,143 times
Quote:
One cannot physically cut off devil kings like Agag with literal swords, or stone demons with literal physical rocks and stones, so as to cut off, mortify, and put to death the evil, and cast them out of the house, and cleave away to the Father. For the same reason it is not possible for the carnal mind to please Elohim: for it is not capable of seeing supernal things and therefore cannot walk the Torah in the Way that is pleasing to the Father through the Testimony of His Son, the Messiah. So instead the carnal mind plugs its ears, shuts its eyes, and kills the Living Oracles of Elohim so as to silence and abolish the Word from the heart, mind, and soul.
In other words nothing is as it appears in print and you need to understand the secret language to read Tanakh,

Pardon me I need to go check the woodwork.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:00 PM

465 posts, read 236,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq
Yes, it did mention me because you quoted Jerwade who mentioned my name, and you quoted my own post also, and then you responded. As for the rest of what you said, again, I have no clue what you are talking about, for example, "It's all yours so go stay for that starved." ??? Huh???

But I suppose there is no reason for me to even ask you what that statement is supposed to mean because now you have said that you do not care what else I have said. Have a nice life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You will learn that the poster DOES make occasional sense and you let the rest go.
It all makes perfect sense, otherwise you would have just let it all go.

But again, taking sides against one who said F.B.I.'d 02/2013 go grow.

You think being a constant troublesome person makes you look grown.

No, it makes you look just as you are, disrespectful, as other placings.

First Place, in fact, you toast the bread until it's burnt by the hosting.

Second, you will be found out for all it takes, just keep on going boat.

I think Kevin Booth has interesting things to say on those he's known.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:15 PM

619 posts, read 312,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
In other words nothing is as it appears in print and you need to understand the secret language to read Tanakh,

Pardon me I need to go check the woodwork.
Of course nothing is as it appears on the surface, especially if you are forced to put your faith in corrupt English translations, but as I have said, the Testimony of the Messiah expounds it all for you if you are willing to study, believe, and come to understand what he says and teaches. Devils are like "evil mountains" that do not come out except with prayer and fasting, and the fig tree bearing no fruit is the like analogy-allegory, and so on and so on, just believe what he says and apply it in your doctrine. It is not hard to do, but to the natural man it appears as foolishness: and make no mistake, it is that way to keep out the wolves.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
It is, but to each in his or her own appointed times, for the Good News is personal and individual. Can a nation be born in a day? Yes, at the place having been called Kranion, the Skull, Gulgolet-Golgotha.

(I know)

Old 09-05-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Of course nothing is as it appears on the surface, especially if you are forced to put your faith in corrupt English translations, but as I have said, the Testimony of the Messiah expounds it all for you if you are willing to study, believe, and come to understand what he says and teaches. Devils are like "evil mountains" that do not come out except with prayer and fasting, and the fig tree bearing no fruit is the like analogy-allegory, and so on and so on, just believe what he says and apply it in your doctrine. It is not hard to do, but to the natural man it appears as foolishness: and make no mistake, it is that way to keep out the wolves.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity