Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 09:36 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,396,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"Law" is particulars intended to implement principles, but sometimes misunderstood as in the mitzvah about seething a kid in its mother's milk. When we understand and implement the principle intended we "fulfill the Law."
Agreed, When we understand and implement the principle intended we "fulfill the Law."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 09:45 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,396,858 times
Quote:
No, slings were used as weapons of war, stoning was done be people picking up rocks and throwing them at the "offender" until he or she was beaten to death.

I am absolutely NO ONE to speak against the Lord of Hosts and His ways, but I am also not one to stand by when others do so by attributing such barbarous perceptuion to Him.
I agree, if one takes what is written literally instead of spiritually and goes out and stones someone because they are reading literally then justifying doing so because according to them God commands it then they are attributing a barbaric perception of God.

Is that not why the scripture state they kill in the name of God thinking to do Him service. They do so because they read the scriptures literally; the letter killeth the spirit giveth life.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:02 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,814,617 times
Quote:
No, slings were used as weapons of war, stoning was done be people picking up rocks and throwing them at the "offender" until he or she was beaten to death.

I am absolutely NO ONE to speak against the Lord of Hosts and His ways, but I am also not one to stand by when others do so by attributing such barbarous perceptuion to Him.
Ah, devarim 21.

What would you do with a rebellious child.
Who cursed Avriham.

I'm sure Christ spoke of such.

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

And do not think you can say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.

Last edited by pinacled; 09-04-2017 at 10:13 PM..

Old 09-04-2017, 10:14 PM

Those who have ears?

Old 09-04-2017, 10:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,386,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I don't think anyone believes it was written by Neanderthals, literally. Perhaps, it's a matter of perception. And there is nothing wrong with milk and honey, however it appears to me that the Spirit has been given as a guide, so no one could boast having their own private or group interpretations, as the Spirit touches the heart of each of us individually in various ways. Personally, I find it unnecessary to follow 613 laws which can be covered under the living words of Christ that instruct us to love GOD and ONE ANOTHER. What’s amazing is how people denounce this as being first and foremost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
In the context of what things we speak, (the scripture), one cannot have the "milk and honey" unless the same is in the Land of milk and honey, (it is a state of mind). Moreover I said nothing about 613 laws of the Jews so it is not correct for you to try to pin me with such a label. And, yes, there are those who have suggested such nonsense as that the "Old Testament" was written by and for proverbial neanderthals. You have been here much longer than I have, and yet, I can see it while you cannot see it?
What I personally believe has no bearings on what you think, neither was it to "pin" anything on you directly? So, don't go getting your feathers ruffled. That's the thing about written language - it doesn't always convey an exact meaning, reason or the feeling behind it.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:24 PM

Quote:

Esau sold his inheritance.

And something that was just shared before you posted nate.
Do you know who has been encouraging you.

That's because you are unaware of the Holy Kiss.

The sod.

The good soil is not choked out by the decietfullness of wealth.

Read some of the proverbs and you might begin to see how Yeshua is a greater than solomon.
And he was betrayed with a kiss.

The Holy Kiss is a part of the sod in scripture. A blessing to have your eyes opened to the instruction of the Sheperds Staff.
Read yechezkel, ezekiel.

Ezekiel 34New International Version (NIV)

The Lord Will Be Israel’s Shepherd
34 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel; prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Woe to you shepherds of Israel who only take care of yourselves! Should not shepherds take care of the flock? 3 You eat the curds, clothe yourselves with the wool and slaughter the choice animals, but you do not take care of the flock. 4 You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally. 5 So they were scattered because there was no shepherd, and when they were scattered they became food for all the wild animals. 6 My sheep wandered over all the mountains and on every high hill. They were scattered over the whole earth, and no one searched or looked for them.

7 “‘Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord: 8 As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, because my flock lacks a shepherd and so has been plundered and has become food for all the wild animals, and because my shepherds did not search for my flock but cared for themselves rather than for my flock, 9 therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord: 10 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against the shepherds and will hold them accountable for my flock. I will remove them from tending the flock so that the shepherds can no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my flock from their mouths, and it will no longer be food for them.

11 “‘For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them. 12 As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness. 13 I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land. 14 I will tend them in a good pasture, and the mountain heights of Israel will be their grazing land. There they will lie down in good grazing land, and there they will feed in a rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. 15 I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign Lord. 16 I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy. I will shepherd the flock with justice.

and the fat and the strong I will destroy; I will pasture it with justice.

Last edited by pinacled; 09-04-2017 at 10:51 PM..

Old 09-04-2017, 10:26 PM

63,876 posts, read 40,157,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I agree, if one takes what is written literally instead of spiritually and goes out and stones someone because they are reading literally then justifying doing so because according to them God commands it then they are attributing a barbaric perception of God.

Is that not why the scripture state they kill in the name of God thinking to do Him service. They do so because they read the scriptures literally; the letter killeth the spirit giveth life.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 09-04-2017 at 10:36 PM..

Old 09-04-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:

Or if you like refer to the gluton thread.
And as Rbbi1 has stated, it's the spirit behind the idol.

And I actually have some experience in war against this demon.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:47 PM

1 Timothy 4:1King James Version (KJV)

4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Old 09-04-2017, 11:00 PM

465 posts, read 236,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade Who wrote that for you, daqq?
Quote:
Yeah, Rbbi1 asked me to say more about it when I brought up "the Living Oracles" of Elohim, which in the Acts passage clearly means the Torah, (the post is back on Pg 38, Reply #376). Just as Paul says, the Torah is spiritual and supernal, not for neanderthals*, (lol), because they only trample it anyways just as they do with the Testimony of the Messiah and all the scripture.

*neanderthal: one who says the Tanakh was written by neanderthals.

The way they played with BaptistFundie, would it not be possible he was being wanted for something else?

You know they just had to keep the persistence up that two men together is a great thing, is it an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
I really have no idea what your comments have to do with my post which you quoted. I have never "played" with anyone named BaptistFundie: and how are my comments an "excuse" when all I did was answer Jerwade who asked Rbbi1 if I wrote what was posted. And since my name was mentioned by Jerwade, I answered affirmatively, because I did write it. And I see nothing wrong with Rbbi1 reposting it, for no doubt, Rbbi1 reposted it because it is clearly the teaching of the Apostolic writers.
Did that post mention you ever one time?

No it did not say that so you never mind.

I really don't care what else you've said.

It's all yours so go stay for that starved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity