Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2017, 04:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
When you say, "I see", and, "I do NOT see", it is nothing more than your opinion, which as I have said, does not agree with the Teaching of the Master. Do you not know that the Master is expounding Torah in the Gospel accounts? Every one has his or her own "world", his or her own "temple", his or her own "house", his or her own "dominion", his or her own "empire", his or her own "city", (set on a hill), his or her own "synagogue", his or her own "congregation", and in this manner all things shall be accomplished unto each in his or her own appointed times: for the Gospel is personal and individual to each in his or her own appointed times. A minyan is ten, that is a synagogue, and were there not ten lepers cleansed? But only a tenth part, (one), from the minyan was actually made whole. Even this is spoken about in the Prophets, (for instance the Isaiah 6:9-10 passage which is referenced many times in the Gospel accounts and Apostolic writings: see also Isaiah 6:13, "a tenth", for men are also likened unto trees). Whether you "see" or do not "see" such things is not my problem because these things come from the Testimony of the Messiah who teaches that every man has his or her "house", and "household" with all its "members", that each of us are set in charge over while the Master is as if away in a far journey, (Mark 13:34-37), and we are likened to the porter of the door of the house: that is the one with the keys who watches the door of the house, for the porter opens and shuts the door and does not allow anything evil, (doctrines), to enter into the house. If you do not understand it is only due to a lack of understanding the Testimony of the Messiah in the Gospel accounts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And that's a FACT, all of it. Peace
So, in your opinion, you should be examining yourself having the key to your own heart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 04:31 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
There's that reading comprehension issue again. Peace
No, it does not need long winded posts to share the hope you have IN Christ. No comprehension issue, just amazed you cannot speak by the spirit considering you believe yourself to be some great teacher of the scripture. Show me 1 place in the gospels where Jesus took a long winded post likes yours to expound the scriptures. Exactly, you can't find. Want my attention ?, speak by the Spirit.

I cannot comprehend how what it is written in black in white what you have put your hope in, you cannot see clearly that the ministry of life is far superior and glorious to what is written.

40 words at best to make a point.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:03 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No, it does not need long winded posts to share the hope you have IN Christ. No comprehension issue, just amazed you cannot speak by the spirit considering you believe yourself to be some great teacher of the scripture. Show me 1 place in the gospels where Jesus took a long winded post likes yours to expound the scriptures. Exactly, you can't find. Want my attention ?, speak by the Spirit.

I cannot comprehend how what it is written in black in white what you have put your hope in, you cannot see clearly that the ministry of life is far superior and glorious to what is written.

40 words at best to make a point.

You're confusing those on milk that He spoke to and those that were of His innermost circle/disciples. Ever notice how He explained those parables 3 times and then added, "Let he has ears to hear, hear"?

I don't consider myself anything but what He has made me to be. No, I DON'T want your attention. In fact, I've about had enough of it and am considering using the ignore feature so those of us that actually want to share revelations can do so in peace. Time is too short to argue with deaf ears and stiff necks. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 09-03-2017 at 07:24 PM..

Old 09-03-2017, 07:22 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
34Jesus spoke all these things to the crowds in parables. He did not tell them anything without using a parable. 35So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: “I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things hidden since the foundation of the world.â€

These things were expounded by Jesus, not Torah. His is a NEW Covenant.
Quote:
WHAT do you think they were hidden IN? Peace....
So what you are saying is that the "things" Jesus revealed in parables were hidden in Torah and you have the ability to suss them out..... after Jesus revealed them. Um...Jesus revealsed them. They are foundational to the New Covenant. No mysteries there.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
So what you are saying is that the "things" Jesus revealed in parables were hidden in Torah and you have the ability to suss them out..... after Jesus revealed them. Um...Jesus revealsed them. They are foundational to the New Covenant. No mysteries there.

That's funny, Paul said there were mysteries. Jesus revealed things to His disciples and NOT to the multitudes who only followed after Him for the fishes and loaves (temporal natural comforts met), much like they do today. Hidden manna is given to the overcomer. BUT, I should listen to you. No, thanks. Peace

PS. And it's the SPIRIT, the TEACHER, that "susses" them out for us.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:36 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
That's funny, Paul said there were mysteries. Jesus revealed things to His disciples and NOT to the multitudes who only followed after Him for the fishes and loaves (temporal natural comforts met), much like they do today. Hidden manna is given to the overcomer. BUT, I should listen to you. No, thanks. Peace

PS. And it's the SPIRIT, the TEACHER, that "susses" them out for us.
Go back and read what Paul had to say about "mysteries." They are ALL about things revealed in the message of Christ. As in Col 1:26the mystery that was hidden for ages and generations but is now revealed to His saints. His point was that we don't need to be initiated into one of the then current mystery religions (Check out Dionysius for an example) in order to be in community with God and man.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Go back and read what Paul had to say about "mysteries." They are ALL about things revealed in the message of Christ. As in Col 1:26the mystery that was hidden for ages and generations but is now revealed to His saints. His point was that we don't need to be initiated into one of the then current mystery religions (Check out Dionysius for an example) in order to be in community with God and man.

No, not all things have been revealed; otherwise the overcomer wouldn't be given HIDDEN manna. The Spirit teaches whosoever will, EVERY DAY. Part of the Spirit's job is to reveal all things, quicken all things, bring all things to our remembrance. Just because you refuse to be taught of Him, stop trying to block everyone else from entering in, in your place. Peace

Old 09-03-2017, 07:59 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
I see that your opinion is that Jesus was expounding Torah as opposed to what I see as a NEW basis for relating to God and man.
She believes that our entire purpose as a species is to become obedient robots to a set of laws derived by our primitive ancestors - or else! It is a profoundly bankrupt and irrational concept of our relationship to God and each other. The revelations of Jesus showed that our purpose is to love God and each other, NOT to try to force each other into obeying some set of ancient laws and traditions like well-trained pets.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
She believes that our entire purpose as a species is to become obedient robots to a set of laws derived by our primitive ancestors - or else! It is a profoundly bankrupt and irrational concept of our relationship to God and each other. The revelations of Jesus showed that our purpose is to love God and each other, NOT to try to force each other into obeying some set of ancient laws and traditions like well-trained pets.
I get sick to the stomach knowing our fundy brethren think this way. Honestly Mystic, you were the one that taught to test everything in the light of Jesus Christ.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I get sick to the stomach knowing our fundy brethren think this way. Honestly Mystic, you were the one that taught to test everything in the light of Jesus Christ.

MYSTIC was the one that introduced that false test??? Now it's starting to make a little more sense. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity