Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 06:13 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,825,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Seriously; you didn't even read what you linked to, did you? Your only motive is try to tear down the validity of the scriptures and destroy faith, and NO, Jesus didn't think ANY of it was garbage. Jesus didn't condemn them for keeping the law pertaining to the washing of hands, nor did He disavow it or disannul it, which He made plain elsewhere, since that's part of, "didn't come to destroy".

It's underlying spiritual reason for it was to make the WORKS (hands speak of works, the works of the Torah) line up with the HEART (speaks of FAITH) purpose of the sacrifices they were getting ready to offer up with BREAD (speaks of the TORAH).

So literally, to cleanse the motive of the heart of their works, which was lacking, and THAT is what made it a lifeless tradition of men, FOR THEM, that He speaks about elsewhere. And that's the ONLY thing, that makes it a lifeless tradition for ANYONE, BTW.

Where they missed it was, their focus was on the action itself, and not the motive of the heart behind it. Had it not been, they would have known that the disciples works WERE in alignment with their heart, as they offered up the bread/Torah with the wine of the Spirit/renewed heart every day and as such has every right to eat the grain/bread as priests, as DAVID did also Jesus pointed out for that reason, because in regards to David, G-d said, he is after my HEART.

So you would do away with the works, claim Jesus slammed the works to try to hide your own slamming of the works.....and then claim to have His heart, would you? Peace
Glory, Glory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 06:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,426,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Everyone like you, who think they are saved by their works have misunderstood it.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Excuse me, but aren't you rather boastful in what you believe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Only if quoting Jesus and Paul sounds boastful to you.
It's not what you quote, it's the excessive pride in your own ability to believe.
Yet, at the same time you look down on those who see love as first and foremost.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:17 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,737,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I just didnt see where you asked.

What's the context of the question, you havnt even Loved Christ.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
The question is the same for all of us--and right now especially for you.

Quote:
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
I John 4:8
Can you confess that such verse is true? If you do not love can you still love God?

Do you confess that God IS love?

And you glory in the washing of hands that Jesus flat out refused to do?
Quote:
But the Pharisee was astonished to see that Jesus did not first wash before the meal. Now then,” said the Lord, “you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. You fools! Did not the One who made the outside make the inside as well. But give as alms the things that are within you (love, justice, mercy), and you will see that everything is clean for you.
Luke 11:38-41
Does it say Jesus washed His hands. Read very carefully and then give me the quote saying Jesus humbled Himself to the Pharisees who demanded He wash His hands. You can't. It's not there. He criticized them for their "works," that did nothing for them or anyone else.

P.S. My "born again" experience came in 1963. My departure from the chains of fundamentalism came in 1981. My awakening to God's love came in 1989.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 08-21-2017 at 08:30 PM..

Old 08-21-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
The question is the same for all of us--and right now especially for you.

I John 4:8
Can you confess that such verse is true? If you do not love can you still love God?

Do you confess that God IS love?

And you glory in the washing of hands that Jesus flat out refused to do?
Luke 11:38-41
Does it say Jesus washed His hands. Read very carefully and then give me the quote saying Jesus humbled Himself to the Pharisees who demanded He wash His hands. You can't. It's not there. He criticized them for their "works," that did nothing for them or anyone else.

P.S. My "born again" experience came in 1963. My departure from the chains of fundamentalism came in 1981. My awakening to God's love came in 1989.
That's very kind of you to give a breif summary of experience.

Your point is exactly my sentiment. I don't recall Yeshua humbling himself to the pharisees. He defended against their berating of tradition to be utmost.

You speak of Love, I see him every day in every provision.
The provisions of love that were gracefully provided from Heaven.

Love, yes I know his Love in healing wings.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:51 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,064,368 times
Quote:

Your point is exactly my sentiment. I don't recall Yeshua humbling himself to the pharisees. He defended against their berating of tradition to be utmost.

Amen... in the midst of the wings of the cherubim, where two gathered together (Jew and gentile, male and female) have been made whole. And so we see....pray ye one for another, that ye might be made whole (the two one). Let no man put asunder what G-d hath joined together (the law working perfectly with grace, it's helpmeet), yet so many try. Those that love Him, keep His commandments. Peace

Old 08-21-2017, 08:54 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,737,660 times
Quote:

Finally we reach some common ground.

My emphasis is first on God's Love, because without it, I have no chance of loving at all. For me it becomes the lens through which I view every other verse of Scripture in the Bible. If that verse doesn't measure up to the love of God as lived in deed and spoken in word by Jesus it simply isn't that important to me.

My growth from where I was to where I am was a long and difficult journey. It parted me from friends and strained relations with my family (still fundamentalist), but proclaiming God's love is more important for me than threatening His retribution. I've found the latter just doesn't work with those needing a Savior.

God bless,
I'm out of here.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Amen... in the midst of the wings of the cherubim, where two gathered together (Jew and gentile, male and female) have been made whole. And so we see....pray ye one for another, that ye might be made whole (the two one). Let no man put asunder what G-d hath joined together (the law working perfectly with grace, it's helpmeet), yet so many try. Those that love Him, keep His commandments. Peace
That is beautfull.

After all Yeshua did say we are worth more than a multitude of sparrows.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Finally we reach some common ground.

My emphasis is first on God's Love, because without it, I have no chance of loving at all. For me it becomes the lens through which I view every other verse of Scripture in the Bible. If that verse doesn't measure up to the love of God as lived in deed and spoken in word by Jesus it simply isn't that important to me.

My growth from where I was to where I am was a long and difficult journey. It parted me from friends and strained relations with my family (still fundamentalist), but proclaiming God's love is more important for me than threatening His retribution. I've found the latter just doesn't work with those needing a Savior.

God bless,
I'm out of here.
Still fundamentalist?
https://www.biblegateway.com/resourc...ritual-washing

Take into account of all the washings In matt, mark, luke, and john.

And then with a common ground, perhaps you and i may continue a conversation in Christ.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bib...&interface=amp

Last edited by pinacled; 08-21-2017 at 10:41 PM..

Old 08-21-2017, 09:35 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,064,368 times
Quote:
Still fundamentalist?
https://www.biblegateway.com/resourc...ritual-washing

Take into account of all the washings In matt, mark, luke, and john.

And then with a common ground, perhaps you and i may continue a conversation in Christ.

Amen...and let's not forget Paul's ritual washing in Acts... Kinda funny a mikvah is a baptism and He talks about wanting a nations of priests....isn't it? Peace

Old 08-21-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Amen...and let's not forget Paul's ritual washing in Acts.... Kinda funny a mikvah is a baptism and He talks about wanting a nation of priests, isn't it? Peace
I saw one in a vision and didn't know what it was till I heard and looked up the word mikvah.

Living water?

https://www.google.com/search?biw=36...X5oczOn7qt9AM:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity