Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2017, 07:07 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If he could die, he would not be GOD.
well, the universe was here before him and after him, so I am not sure where the whole living and dieing comes in. for any of us really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Excessive and prejudiced loyalty or support for one's own cause, group, or gender.
Which amounts to nothing more than flag-waving or blind patriotism.
"literalist", that think a belief statement about god (for or against) is a good base for a line of logic whined up hurting a whole lot of people. Like those that think a flag is the meaning instead of what it really is; a focal point.

Lucky for us, relentless common sense usually stops these milli/fundies. A little late to be sure, but none the less RCS stops it.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:52 AM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So you believe He laid down His life in obedience to God and NOT in love for us all because we knew not what we did? What a sad view of God and diminution of the sacrifice Jesus made to show us the TRUE NATURE of God. IMO, your view diminishes God and the significance of the horrendous scourging and crucifixion Jesus allowed Himself to suffer just to obey a command from a vengeful God who was impotent to forgive us without it. I see NO love at all in that scenario which is why I reject it completely.
Oh, Mystic, why do you feel the need to twist things so? I'm so sorry you think I see God as vengeful and impotent. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm going to have to calm down before I try to respond to this post.

Old 09-09-2017, 09:10 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Oh, Mystic, why do you feel the need to twist things so? I'm so sorry you think I see God as vengeful and impotent. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm going to have to calm down before I try to respond to this post.
Ah, I think the sticking point for Mystic is the use of the word "commandment." It implies obedience as opposed to volition. Maybe you can see Mystic's point in relation to his perception of "Atonement."

Old 09-09-2017, 09:51 AM

yup, and if we have an emotional reaction we need to understand why. How is that emotional response, to something different then our belief, affecting what we believe to be real.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
One of my favorite verses on the Deity of Christ, from the Old Testament:

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
It may be one of your favorite verses, however, Christ Jesus is not the eternal or everlasting Father.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:52 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So you believe He laid down His life in obedience to God and NOT in love for us all because we knew not what we did? What a sad view of God and diminution of the sacrifice Jesus made to show us the TRUE NATURE of God. IMO, your view diminishes God and the significance of the horrendous scourging and crucifixion Jesus allowed Himself to suffer just to obey a command from a vengeful God who was impotent to forgive us without it. I see NO love at all in that scenario which is why I reject it completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The sacrificial system was the only conclusion there could be, as a result of mankind embracing limited choices. If all the pieces of the jigsaw fit together its because they had to, irrespective of what motive or objective position one views it from.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:15 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,295 times
Quote:
It may be one of your favorite verses, however, Christ Jesus is not the eternal or everlasting Father.
Gods Word disagrees with your word then, let's see who will end up being right, God or His creature.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:37 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
The egos of some people on this forum never cease to amaze me.

Old 09-09-2017, 05:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
One of my favorite verses on the Deity of Christ, from the Old Testament:

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Quote:
Quote:
Gods Word disagrees with your word then, let's see who will end up being right, God or His creature.
Perhaps, you just don't know as much as you think you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity