Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2017, 07:36 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,366,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You have the sheen of a newly-minted Christian.
I remember being one, folk would avoid me like the plague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 09:17 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,953,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusLovingBaptist98 View Post
I just started going back to church a month ago, felt I needed to improve my relationship with God.
A good way to work on it: Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.

Old 09-10-2017, 03:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,423,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You have the sheen of a newly-minted Christian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I remember being one, folk would avoid me like the plague.
A vintage 45-record player that keeps skipping.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:07 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,456,150 times
Quote:
I just started going back to church a month ago, felt I needed to improve my relationship with God.
Which one?

Old 09-10-2017, 08:26 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,252,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Which one?
Church or God?

Old 09-11-2017, 03:28 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,408,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
One of my favorite verses on the Deity of Christ, from the Old Testament:

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It may be one of your favorite verses, however, Christ Jesus is not the eternal or everlasting Father.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Gods Word disagrees with your word then, let's see who will end up being right, God or His creature.
Which word would that be?

Try reading those verses in the Septuagint

For a child is born to us, and a son is given to us, whose government is upon his shoulder: and his name is called the Messenger of great counsel:*for I will bring peace upon the princes, and health to him.*
7*His government shall be great, and of his peace there is no end:*it shall be*upon the throne of David, and*
upon*his kingdom, to establish it, and to support*it*with judgment and with righteousness, from henceforth and forever. The seal of the Lord of hosts shall perform this.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:43 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,100,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Which word would that be?

Try reading those verses in the Septuagint

For a child is born to us, and a son is given to us, whose government is upon his shoulder: and his name is called the Messenger of great counsel:*for I will bring peace upon the princes, and health to him.*
7*His government shall be great, and of his peace there is no end:*it shall be*upon the throne of David, and*
upon*his kingdom, to establish it, and to support*it*with judgment and with righteousness, from henceforth and forever. The seal of the Lord of hosts shall perform this.
How about the Hebrew Scriptures:

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 9
5 For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

Old 09-11-2017, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Perhaps, you just don't know as much as you think you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The word father means ' life giver ' (Not life taker).
Because God resurrected Jesus out of the grave Acts 2:27; Acts 2:24 then Jesus was given the keys over death as per Revelation 1:18. Since God gives the resurrection power to Jesus, then in that sense Jesus is Eternal or Everlasting Father ( life giver). Not that Jesus is God but that his God gives Jesus the power to restore life and he will.
Wow!...The Gymnastics...

Old 09-11-2017, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Jesus Christ is both the Son of God and God. He is part of the Holy Trinity: God the Father, God the Son and the Holy Spirit.

So yes, He is God manifested in the flesh as an earthly human, born to the Virgin Mary, and then viciously executed on a cross so He could die for our sins (substitutionary penal atonement). He is humanity's Savior, He is our Savior.

But then, He was resurrected on the third day, and reunited with His father after spending 40 days on Earth, and is now in Heaven, sitting at the right hand of God the Father. Praise the Lord!

Old 09-11-2017, 04:09 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,408,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
How about the Hebrew Scriptures:

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 9
5 For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
ya I like that one, either one still shows that the mighty God, everlasting Father is NOT referring to the son/child
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity