Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2017, 03:57 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,777,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
politics? that is your use of words..I have posted nothing that indicates politics..this is your foolish attempt to close a thread you are unable to participate in due to your limited understanding and inability to discuss the difference between "religion"and salvation.
Nonsense. In this thread, I have proven you (Zman) do indeed carry a Bible with you and that people can be saved in and by the work of the organized church.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:26 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,570,234 times
Quote:
If truth be understood, yes you are right. At some point we become aware of the HS, and we call it by various names. Some go nuclear in their zealousness and start proclaiming they are SAVED based on the fact they have some relationship with this inner voice or HS.
Others deny it as being rationale and ignore it most of the time.
Still, some will twist what they "hear" and challenge the voice in an attempt to silence the voice the cannot explain.

I truly believe one does not have to be "RELIGIOUS" or a card carrying fundamentalist to hear...we will either respond positively to the "voice" and do our best to assist others in various ways or we refuse the "voice" and let others suffer and struggle because we use the written word to justify our callousness.

Paul, the poster child for fundamentalism is a prime example..As a HUGE SINNER, walking down the street, he HEARD and became AWARE while he was still a SINNER and outside the "Church."
i don't fear the words "holy spirit" as long as the explanations/traits seem to fit how the universe works. and you are right again, chi, holy spirit, spirit of wolf, or human spirit. They are all under the same set of rules.

"I hear that" is what I would of said to paul. Of course I also would have probably said 'na, don't worry about the wording. They are the only ones seeing that letter anyway."

Old 10-15-2017, 04:27 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,570,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Nonsense. In this thread, I have proven you (Zman) do indeed carry a Bible with you and that people can be saved in and by the work of the organized church.

yes, they can be. But they don't have to be.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:36 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,694,827 times
Bible thumpers eh lol

Old 10-15-2017, 06:44 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:
You are so shallow. I go through life and NEVER once do I ambush others with scriptures. Never once does the bible come up in a conversation I have with others. Never once do I even think of what is written on the bible as I try to decide what to buy, eat or say.

The only time I pull a scripture outta my hat is here, when trying to communicate with fundamentalists in a language they understand and accept. Kind of like knowing how to speak a foreign language--I would not use it at Starbucks, on the job or at social events just because I know it....

When one carries the bible, it is understood that they use it as a defense against criticism, to justify their HATE and OPPRESSION in the name of their God, and as a trophy to shame others into joining their elite club.

One last example you might have better luck understanding---

I am a life time member of the NRA, but I am not a CARD CARRYING member who espouses their rhetoric and accepts the deaths of innocents as a necessary price for freedom.

aka..I have read the bible but do not espouse the fundamentalist interpretation that the bible is necessary to know Jesus or accept salvation..

Old 10-15-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
You are so shallow. I go through life and NEVER once do I ambush others with scriptures. Never once does the bible come up in a conversation I have with others. Never once do I even think of what is written on the bible as I try to decide what to buy, eat or say.

The only time I pull a scripture outta my hat is here, when trying to communicate with fundamentalists in a language they understand and accept. Kind of like knowing how to speak a foreign language--I would not use it at Starbucks, on the job or at social events just because I know it....

When one carries the bible, it is understood that they use it as a defense against criticism, to justify their HATE and OPPRESSION in the name of their God, and as a trophy to shame others into joining their elite club.

One last example you might have better luck understanding---

I am a life time member of the NRA, but I am not a CARD CARRYING member who espouses their rhetoric and accepts the deaths of innocents as a necessary price for freedom.

aka..I have read the bible but do not espouse the fundamentalist interpretation that the bible is necessary to know Jesus or accept salvation..
Yeah, I know your MO. You pull the Bible outta your holster when you need it, just like a fundie. Instead, consider using it to learn about God, like most Christians do. You would know nothing about Jesus without the Bible.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
You would know nothing about Jesus without the Bible.
I know the Bible is not, Jesus.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I know your MO. You pull the Bible outta your holster when you need it, just like a fundie. Instead, consider using it to learn about God, like most Christians do. You would know nothing about Jesus without the Bible.
I know what I know from knowing Jesus and listening to His guide..

Old 10-16-2017, 04:46 AM

Quote:
I know what I know from knowing Jesus and listening to His guide..
You would know about neither without the Bible.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
You would know about neither without the Bible.
Yet, I do....Please stop discredit the Holy Spirit and making Jesus LESS influential than the ancient written words put forth by men...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity