Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 08:49 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Yet, I do....Please stop discredit the Holy Spirit and making Jesus LESS influential than the ancient written words put forth by men...
You would know nothing about Jesus and what He did and said, without reading the Bible or hearing someone who had.

The Spirit, which lives in all believers, reminds us of what Jesus said (as He said it would), confirms, convicts, comforts, leads, explains, etc. You should not so easily reject the words of the prophets, Jesus and the apostles, just because they lived long ago. Jesus quoted the prophets and spoke directly to the apostles.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:34 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You would know nothing about Jesus and what He did and said, without reading the Bible or hearing someone who had.

The Spirit, which lives in all believers, reminds us of what Jesus said (as He said it would), confirms, convicts, comforts, leads, explains, etc. You should not so easily reject the words of the prophets, Jesus and the apostles, just because they lived long ago. Jesus quoted the prophets and spoke directly to the apostles.
They are guilty of doing what you're being accused of ... "discredit the Holy Spirit and making Jesus LESS"
"All Scripture is God breathed"

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah,
the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name."

The only thing in which the promised Advocate uses ... and why demons have such great opposition and alternatives to Sola Scriptura

Old 10-16-2017, 09:42 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:

Again, how was it Paul was able to HEAR when still a "non-believer?"

Old 10-16-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Again, how was it Paul was able to HEAR when still a "non-believer?"
The same Paul you often discredit?

Nevertheless, Saul knew about Jesus, His message and the work of His disciples. Hence his work to kill early Christians. The Spirit can and does call the lost to repentance, but to know of Jesus and His works, you must read scripture.

How did you first learn of Jesus if it wasn’t from the Bible or someone who read it? How did you learn of Micah 6:8, without reading it?

Old 10-16-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
The same Paul you often discredit?

Nevertheless, Saul knew about Jesus, His message and the work of His disciples. Hence his work to kill early Christians. The Spirit can and does call the lost to repentance, but to know of Jesus and His works, you must read scripture.

How did you first learn of Jesus if it wasn’t from the Bible or someone who read it? How did you learn of Micah 6:8, without reading it?
From the advocate and God herself...

Have you ever read something only to say I ALREADY KNEW THAT!

Old 10-16-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
From the advocate and God herself...

Have you ever read something only to say I ALREADY KNEW THAT!

What specifically did you learn about Jesus, without reading the Bible or hearing someone who had? Give us an example.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:39 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
This had nothing to do with the Bible...never had opened one....
that God is everywhere, hears everything and is pulling me closer to Him every second...
protecting me and loving me from directions I can't fathom...that
I could never be lost from Him...ever...plus a whole lot more.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This had nothing to do with the Bible...never had opened one....
that God is everywhere, hears everything and is pulling me closer to Him every second...
protecting me and loving me from directions I can't fathom...that
I could never be lost from Him...ever...plus a whole lot more.

Of course, but you would know nothing about Jesus, what He did and said, without the Bible.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Of course, but you would know nothing about Jesus, what He did and said, without the Bible.
Jimmie J..YOU may have never have known Jesus except for what the bible says--and I doubt just how much you really do know of Jesus outside those pages written by ancient men--and that makes me extremely sad...but I do admire your tenacity to get others to join your club and lift up your need to be accepted by men.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
have you ever given chapter and verse that says this? that the bible is more definitive and important than a relationship with Jesus...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.