Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 10:37 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,833,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Agreed, exactly.
I sound like a broken record sometimes...but 'direct experience' over some idea,
opinion, concept or belief, ritual, ceremony, dogma, social obligation, or some
one else's interpretation any day.
Yes, direct experience is what is very personal for even myself.

And when the scripture confirms that experience, i could not contain such an experience to just mine alone.
To find the others who have had such an experience is very comforting.

I just didnt have the words used today. Only Light and sound. Far to strong to make out anything more than what ive already shared in testimony here about the visions.

But the voice i'll never forget.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Everyone is running towards religion for salvation, when we should all be running AWAY from RELIGION and towards the TRUTH...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY
A decent start.

Just remember that salvation is near you, very close.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:21 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,748,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
A decent start.

Just remember that salvation is near you, very close.
and but it is just as dangerous to run religiously after
"spirituality " .. all while they religiously burning "the contract of salvation " in Bible and religiously condemning ", religious speech" aka "fundamentalism" and all biblical truth ... because it is used by the "Religious" and ... drum roll ....." NOT the LOVING "...

Old 10-02-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
and but it is just as dangerous to run religiously after
"spirituality " .. all while they religiously burning "the contract of salvation " in Bible and religiously condemning ", religious speech" aka "fundamentalism" and all biblical truth ... because it is used by the "Religious" and ... drum roll ....." NOT the LOVING "...

leave it up to Yeshua to say it.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:05 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,341,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Hi George. I agree that God is always seeking and calling for us and that He wants us to draw near to Him and to love Him and to love our neighbor, and that He wants us to share the gospel or good news with others. I agree also that Christianity is a way of life. It's actually a supernatural way of life which cannot be executed in the energy of the flesh, but requires the supernatural enablement of God the Holy Spirit in order to live it. I further agree that the Christian life is not about observing the festivals and Sabbaths of Judaism. The Christian life actually has a moment by moment sabbath or rest into which the believer can enter at any time simply by believing the promises of God. We rest in Christ Jesus.

Having said that, I believe that a person becomes a Christian, becomes 'born again' or regenerated at the moment he accepts as true the proposition that Jesus died for our sins and that He rose again and therefore puts his faith in Christ Jesus for eternal life.

I believe that after having been saved by grace through faith alone in Christ alone, a person has to decide if he is going to advance spiritually in the Christian life or remain a spiritual infant. I see salvation as three pha

Sadly, most believers, although eternally saved, never make the effort to grow spiritually and therefore remain spiritual infants and even spend a great deal of time out of fellowship in a state of carnality.

Mike, think we are essentially in agreement on many things and what differences that may lurk in the theological details are not important in the context of this thread. may God bless and keep you, and me, and all who seek to find and live the "truth (that) will set you free" to know and do the will of God (from a Christian's point of view perhaps the ultimate "experience" and "enlightenment" and the goal and purpose of the Christian religion) so that we can live ever more fully through faith, hope, and love "in" Christ and He live more fully "in" us---now and forever, amen.

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 10-02-2017 at 08:25 PM..

Old 10-02-2017, 08:19 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,748,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeinbandonoregon View Post
Mike, think we are essentially in agreement on many things and what differences that may lurk in the theological details are not important in the context of this thread. may God bless and keep you, and me, and all who seek find that "truth (that) will set you free" to know and do the will of God (from a Christian's point of view perhaps the ultimate "enlightenment" and the goal and purpose of the Christian religion) so that we can live ever more fully through faith, hope, and love "in" Christ and He live more fully "in" us---now and forever, amen.
beautiful!.. yes this is our hope..

Old 10-02-2017, 08:47 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,341,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
beautiful!.. yes this is our hope..

or as St. Paul says, "our BLESSED hope" (Titus 2:13).

IMHO, "religion" (however we define or experience it: organized or otherwise, corporately or individually, traditional or not) is simply the means, the vehicle by which one can find and hopefully embrace and be embraced by the ultimate transcedent Divine SOURCE of all that is good and loving in ourselves and all creation for all time

once fully embraced by and fully embracing He in "whom we live, and move, and have our being" (Acts 17:28) we can truly find and experience (and perhaps just as importantly SHARE) "the peace that transcends understanding" (Phil. 4:7) and then we are truly "saved".

religion can be and is much more than just "massive shrines and hypnotic ritual, (or)... (seemingly) fearful dogmas and (apparently) proud election but ultimately in the "childlike and trustful communion of the (all too often) baffled but trusting soul with a (loving) and forgiving God".

in the peace of Christ.

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 10-02-2017 at 09:34 PM..

Old 10-02-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:

IMHO, "religion" (however we define or experience it: organized or otherwise, corporately or individually, traditional or not) is simply the means, the vehicle by which one can find and hopefully embrace and be embraced by the ultimate Divine Source of all that is good and loving in ourselves and all creation for all time.

religion can be and is much more than just "massive shrines and hypnotic ritual, (or)... (seemingly) fearful dogmas and (apparently) proud election but ultimately in the "childlike and trustful communion of the (all too often) baffled but trusting soul with a (loving) and forgiving God".

in the peace of Christ.
Amen

Old 10-03-2017, 03:12 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,318,274 times
Quote:

IMHO, "religion" (however we define or experience it: organized or otherwise, corporately or individually, traditional or not) is simply the means, the vehicle by which one can find and hopefully embrace and be embraced by the ultimate transcedent Divine SOURCE of all that is good and loving in ourselves and all creation for all time

once fully embraced by and fully embracing He in "whom we live, and move, and have our being" (Acts 17:28) we can truly find and experience (and perhaps just as importantly SHARE) "the peace that transcends understanding" (Phil. 4:7) and then we are truly "saved".

in the peace of Christ.
unfortunately it rarely ever is...

Old 10-03-2017, 05:35 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,490,435 times
Quote:

Or as St. Paul says, "our BLESSED hope" (Titus 2:13).
IMHO, "religion" (however we define or experience it: organized or otherwise, corporately or individually,traditional or not) is simply the means, the vehicle by which one can find and hopefully embrace and be embraced by the ultimate transcendent Divine SOURCE of all that is good and loving in ourselves and all creation for all time
Once fully embraced by and fully embracing He in "whom we live, and move, and have our being" (Acts 17:28) we can truly find and experience (and perhaps just as importantly SHARE) "the peace that transcends understanding" (Phil. 4:7) and then we are truly "saved".
Religion can be and is much more than just "massive shrines and hypnotic ritual, (or)... (seemingly) fearful dogmas and (apparently) proud election but ultimately in the "childlike and trustful communion of the (all too often) baffled but trusting soul with a (loving) and forgiving God".
in the peace of Christ.
Very nice post...Mike's, also. 10/1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity