Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 05:34 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,811,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well said.

Men called Yeshua a drunkard and glutton.
Do you know what this means miss h?
They were saying Yeshua squandered His inheritance.
What do you say to this old orphan who has become an heir of adoption.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in the Promised Yeshua, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in the Promised Yeshua hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Adonai El Shaddai.

Old 10-01-2017, 06:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Do you?, i would be very interested if you do. Please do not quote bible verses at me, that will not be taken that you have explained anYthing.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:25 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As a beneficiary of personal experiences, I understand their power, Miss H., but the need to have some explanatory rationale is part and parcel of the human psyche. That is why I spent more than 4 decades in pursuit of an explanation using what we DO know.
Good way to put it...'a beneficiary'...remember bec I am not a fan of organized religions or dogmas, rituals and excommunications, elders interpreting the bible for me,
teachings that God is a punishing, jealous killer...
doesn't mean I would think a foundation of knowledge, study, research.
searching through texts of all sorts isn't extremely beneficial and a help for needed inspiration...with the gift of direct experience being the candle on the cake.
Just to clarify ...to others.

pinacled, I did not even know anyone called Jesus a drunkard and such...could you tell me
where?
I don't know why you want to make this a point to me personally, but, whatever.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Good way to put it...'a beneficiary'...remember bec I am not a fan of organized religions or dogmas, rituals and excommunications, elders interpreting the bible for me,
teachings that God is a punishing, jealous killer...
doesn't mean I would think a foundation of knowledge, study, research.
searching through texts of all sorts isn't extremely beneficial and a help for needed inspiration...with the gift of direct experience being the candle on the cake.
Just to clarify ...to others.

pinacled, I did not even know anyone called Jesus a drunkard and such...could you tell me
where?
I don't know why you want to make this a point to me personally, but, whatever.
Because satan would accuse you of not being humble before Lord.
But i'll not forget a persons act of kindness easily.

Matt 11:19
…18For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon!’ 19The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look at this glutton and drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and of sinners!
’ But wisdom is vindicated by her actions.”

20Then Jesus began to denounce the cities in which most of His miracles had taken place, because they did not repent.…

If you can imagine the hardness of their hearts, and see how they treated our Lord.
You may be able to see why it is that there are people these days that would lack any sympathy for others who are in need.

They will alway justify themselves before the Lord as the pharisee did.

Luke 18King James Version (KJV)
Widows and Orphans
18 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;

5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.

6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.

7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Up to the temple, down to the house.
Which temple are you.

Last edited by pinacled; 10-02-2017 at 10:11 AM..

Old 10-02-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Because satan would accuse you of not being humble before Lord.
But i'm not the kind of person to forget a single act of kindness.
Still.....why on earth would I care what satan would accuse me of? LOL!
Makes no sense...
And are you saying I am a person that forgets kindness and is not humble?
And how would you know anyway ...you are not inside me, pin. ( I say with no disrespect, pin is a cute name.)

See? I'm just not following much of what you say 'to me'.
I like you did not cap 'satan'...I never do either, as many authors refuse to do.

Oh, I just remembered they 'accused' him of being friends with tax collectors....the
lowest of the low back then. Thanks for the verses.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:15 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,718 times
Quote:
They were saying Yeshua squandered His inheritance.
I love this .. if they knew he was a king. considering kings on those times and before and after that...and was he less of a drunkard and less of a glutton than even poorest of kings? yes.. by far and away. Obviuously even today the churches think of his as less kingly than Solomon .
He was a king there and then .. who was he squandering his inheritance on? his people! whatever he had , created . multiplied he shared with them. In NA circles he would been voted leader asap. because the one who gives all or the servant of all is made king/ 1/2 king ..

this is what religion does.. it compares and judges all men to the poorest of men and the laziest of all men ...not the richest or the wisest or the hardest working or the servant to all men. but only respects the richest and those who are wise in their own eyes and thus those that demand respect even force someone to respect them.. but they dare not judge the richest to the poorest and laziest but they did condemn Jesus of things they would never have dreamed of judging Solomon for. . Solomon was his brother do we think him less or more of a drunkard or glutton than his brother? yet no one spoke of how much Solomon and any king has ever drank or eaten in the history of Israel or even the world . we only hear of few men who got drunk even in the bible it was of so little importance.... but religion of men judges harshly .the religion of faith sometimes judges more harshly.. the religion of non religion judges
most harshly also. and none have right to judge who they do usually if the bible does not state it is SIN! .

I was talking to my grandson about Jesus drinking and I asked him what if Jesus drinks and what if his idea of getting drunk and our idea of getting drunk is very different.. He Said " NO Jesus can't get drink.. if he says the wrong thing he could undo the universe" I cracked up......... then I said well then tomorrow he could build a new one!! he said " "OH yah". but really who is going to stop him anyway ?
. so all things are lawful to the lawful , but it wouldn't be very beneficial to undo the universe, at least not now . but he is still a man and his idea and our idea of "drunk? might be two different things. he grew up in a culture that drank daily and we dont' . and we dont need wine or alcohol to purify the water.. it was "beneficial" back then anyway . it is recommended to not get drunk.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 10-02-2017 at 10:47 AM..

Old 10-02-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Still.....why on earth would I care what satan would accuse me of? LOL!
Makes no sense...
And are you saying I am a person that forgets kindness and is not humble?
And how would you know anyway ...you are not inside me, pin. ( I say with no disrespect, pin is a cute name.)

See? I'm just not following much of what you say 'to me'.
I like you did not cap 'satan'...I never do either, as many authors refuse to do.
satan is the accuser.

The sentence was a general statement.
Do you know what it means to make an indirect statement.

The Liberty of the Torah to visit the widow and orphan is a seed of increase that will overflow when the one that waters comes to work.

I underlined a passage for you.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I love this .. if they knew he was a king. considering kings on those times adn before and after that...and was he less of a drunkard and less of a glutton than even poorest of kings? yes.. by far and away.
he was a king there and then .. who was he squandering his inheritance on? his people! whatever he had , created . multiplied he shared with them. In NA circles he would been voted leader asap. because the one who gives all or the servant of all is made king/ 1/2 king ..

this is what religion does.. it compares and judges all men to the poorest of men and the laziest of all men ...not the richest or the wisest or the hardest working or the servant to all men.... .. but only respects the richest and those who are wise in their own eyes and thus those that demand respect even force someone to respect them.. but they dare not judge the richest to the poorest and laziest but they condemn did Jesus of things they would never have dreamed of judging solomon for. . Solomon was his brother do we think him less or more of a drunkard or glutton than his brother? yet no one spoke of how much Solomon and any king has ever drank or eaten in the history of Israel or even the world . we only hear of few who got drunk even the bible.. but religion of men judges harshly .. the religion of non religion judges
more harshly also..
the religion of faith judges most harshly..
Amen.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
satan is the accuser.
The sentence was a general statement.
Do you know what it means to make an indirect statement.

The Liberty of the Torah to visit the widow and orphan is a seed of increase that will overflow when the one that water comes.
I underlined a passage for you.
Do you know what rude sarcasm is? How would I know
an underline was for me? Don't ans...just sayin.
When a poster places a person's post in a quote box...they are addressing that person...commonly.
I'm glad to hear your comments are in general.
C'ya later...there is just a 'disconnect' in our communications...it happens...no biggy.

Btw, I did not know satan is called the accuser...still means nothing to me...anything
about satan...not my focus....I give satan no room in my thoughts...except to 'talk to the hand'...

Old 10-02-2017, 10:30 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,369,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
While you are perhaps lumping Christianity in with religion, note that at 3:10 into the video the speaker says ''religion is man searching for God, but Christianity is God searching for man.'' Therefore, the speaker is distinguishing between Christianity and religion.
To say nothing of the video literally being called Why I hate Religion But Love Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity