Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 12:47 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,333,872 times

Advertisements

I got curious about the Christian concept of soul mostly because of the thread on the main section.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...d-brought.html

My sect doesn't believe in an eternal soul so I have no concept of what goes into the belief. So what is your view of the soul based on Christianity?

Is the soul eternal? Did it exist before you were born? If God created it what is it created out of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 01:33 PM

23,173 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I got curious about the Christian concept of soul mostly because of the thread on the main section.

My sect doesn't believe in an eternal soul so I have no concept of what goes into the belief. So what is your view of the soul based on Christianity?

Is the soul eternal? Did it exist before you were born? If God created it what is it created out of?

I think that we fell to this Earth, but not all of us, I think some are new souls and some were alive before this Earth was created. I think that half the people ever born will go on to other worlds and have jobs to do on other Earths like if there were 4 trillion Earths out there all in different stages of evolution and as spirits we go down and guide people as if we whisper in the ears. The goal of the bible isn't going to heaven, the goal is to become a brethren of Christ to do the same work that Christ did on this Earth. That this earth is a breeding ground for the sons of God who will be rewarded with their own earths like Adam who was given authority over every person on this earth. We say Jesus is a new Adam, and this means the old is within us, and the nature of an Adam is that he is a spirit inside his bride whispering to her. I think Adam has billions who are under him, and they all serve a purpose for growing the spirit of God, that God's purpose is just to multiply himself.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:38 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I think that we fell to this Earth, but not all of us, I think some are new souls and some were alive before this Earth was created. I think that half the people ever born will go on to other worlds and have jobs to do on other Earths like if there were 4 trillion Earths out there all in different stages of evolution and as spirits we go down and guide people as if we whisper in the ears. The goal of the bible isn't going to heaven, the goal is to become a brethren of Christ to do the same work that Christ did on this Earth. That this earth is a breeding ground for the sons of God who will be rewarded with their own earths like Adam who was given authority over every person on this earth. We say Jesus is a new Adam, and this means the old is within us, and the nature of an Adam is that he is a spirit inside his bride whispering to her. I think Adam has billions who are under him, and they all serve a purpose for growing the spirit of God, that God's purpose is just to multiply himself.
Your post is Creative.
But your patterns are always the same.

Did you know you just sounded like what ive heard the babylonians teach.
a man equates himself to the Allmighty God.
Moderator cut: Offensive parts removed.
Those that destroy the earth will be destroyed.

Only those that have been sealed will survive.

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-09-2017 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: Offensive part removed

Old 10-09-2017, 01:38 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
We are a chip off the Ol' Block!

That's all...

Old 10-09-2017, 01:41 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
Quote:
Is the soul eternal?
As far as we know.

Did it exist before you were born? If God created it what is it created out of?

You'd have to ask God. That's outside the realm of human knowledge and understanding. There is a lot that God knows that we don't know. He's greater and infinitely more powerful than us, so it should come as no surprise.
Comments

Old 10-09-2017, 01:44 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,333,755 times
think most (but not all) Christians believe the soul (which is what our true and eternal essence IS, that which makes us human in general and specifically you and me) comes from God as a "special creation" (just like Adam was) but is not pre-existent prior to birth----except perhaps as a thought in the mind of God as part of His plan. Catholics---- and probably Orthodox--- would say from the very moment of conception soul and body are fully united and alive. most (but not all) Christians believe that soul and body are separated at physical death for the body (what happens to the soul when the body dies is a matter of debate---some say the soul goes to immediate reward or punishment others that the soul "sleeps" ) but most (but not all) Christians believe that body and soul will be re-united eternally at the "final judgment" for either eternal life with God or eternal separation from Him based on their "fruits"/works (Matt. 16:27, Rev. 20:13).

no doubt there's lots more that can be said about this but it's a least it's my understanding of (some) Christian beliefs on the subject.

if you want an exposition of the "official" beliefs rather than just a variety of personal understandings and opinions right, wrong, or indifferent. you might want to check out the Wikipedia article "soul" and especially the section "Christianity"

in the peace of Christ.

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 10-09-2017 at 02:23 PM..

Old 10-09-2017, 02:15 PM

23,173 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Your post is Creative.
But your patterns are always the same.

Did you know you just sounded like what ive heard the babylonians teach.
a man equates himself to the Allmighty God.
Just like all the luciferian filth that have taken the mark of the beast began to devour their mother the *****.
the beast of the earth devours its mother.
Those that destroy the earth will be destroyed.

Only those that have been sealed will survive.

Yeah, I have thought about the implications of what I say, but I didn't come to my conclusions from a desire to become a brethren of Christ, it's just where the truth led to, and if the truth is with the numbers, the numbers alone teach what I am saying.

I can't get my head around how big this universe is, and it is not just my opinion that there are 4 billion other worlds out there with life on them. By the sheer numbers alone, AT LEAST 4 billion earths have come and gone that were all full of people, and that is if we say that if it took 1 in a trillion earths to have the odds to create life, then THERE MUST BE BILLIONS of earths full of people right now, and I would tell you that there is a Moses on every single one of them, and just by the sheer vastness and numbers of this universe in planets, there must be BILLIONS of people fulfilling the role of Moses on a billion planets.

In the great vastness of this one universe, why in the world would we think we were the only ones? It sounds so vain to think that there are literally so many planets that you can't count them but that God created this vastness for one single earth?

God doesn't have a beginning and he will not have an end, and this means there will always be a universe and who is even to say that this is the only one?

The people who obtain the high reward are very few, I don't expect to obtain the reward of becoming a brethren of Christ that I should rule all the nations of a single earth, but this is the promise of Jesus in Revelation 2. An overcomer obtains the reward of sole rule because Jesus TOLD US THIS.

When Jesus told us that an overcomer will receive ALL THE PROMISES God gave to Jesus USING the scripture that an overcomer will rule the nations with an iron fist, this scripture is VERY, EXTEEMLY specific in that the promise to Jesus was that he would put all nations under his feet, and HE ALONE obtains all authority in ruling with an iron first. This person LITERALLY was seeded with the seed of Christ and Christ was LITERALLY formed in them, and they raised a child of Christ, this child is not you, but you are raising him and he is a seed of God.

Ephesians
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism;…

I do realize that what I insinuate is actually scary to even say, but this is where the truth has led.

I think that you are looking at it as if that I want to be God, but it isn't like that. I am looking at it as if God is asking people if they are willing to go and willingly give their life up just as Jesus did here.

Zechariah 12:8 On that day the LORD will shield those who live in ...
... the LORD will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them
will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel ...

The double portion of rain that the few will receive is not like Pentecost at all, it completely transforms a person so much so that they receive all the promises that God gave to Jesus, and in the prophets detailing and explaining this event, Zechariah actually says,'' They will be like God.''

That doesn't mean they become God, there is only one God.

Jesus said that no one was good but the father because Jesus came as any man, different, but given over to the desires and temptations that came to any man and when somebody called him perfect, he corrected them.

That's the thing, is Jesus God?

Is there two Gods?

No.

If I truly believed that there was only a thousand earths in this universe inhabited with people, then I would say that Jesus could go to every one, and even Moses could go to every one in order to expand God, but the numbers just don't add up, there has to be millions of earths and just as this earth has it's purpose AND WAS CREATED FOR A SINGLE PURPOSE, EVERY EARTH THAT IS HABITIBAL HAS THE SAME PURPOSE.

Just by the numbers, I have to believe that there are millions of earths and God is building an ever expanding army with a general to visit each one.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah, I have thought about the implications of what I say, but I didn't come to my conclusions from a desire to become a brethren of Christ, it's just where the truth led to, and if the truth is with the numbers, the numbers alone teach what I am saying.

I can't get my head around how big this universe is, and it is not just my opinion that there are 4 billion other worlds out there with life on them. By the sheer numbers alone, AT LEAST 4 billion earths have come and gone that were all full of people, and that is if we say that if it took 1 in a trillion earths to have the odds to create life, then THERE MUST BE BILLIONS of earths full of people right now, and I would tell you that there is a Moses on every single one of them, and just by the sheer vastness and numbers of this universe in planets, there must be BILLIONS of people fulfilling the role of Moses on a billion planets.

In the great vastness of this one universe, why in the world would we think we were the only ones? It sounds so vain to think that there are literally so many planets that you can't count them but that God created this vastness for one single earth?

God doesn't have a beginning and he will not have an end, and this means there will always be a universe and who is even to say that this is the only one?

The people who obtain the high reward are very few, I don't expect to obtain the reward of becoming a brethren of Christ that I should rule all the nations of a single earth, but this is the promise of Jesus in Revelation 2. An overcomer obtains the reward of sole rule because Jesus TOLD US THIS.

When Jesus told us that an overcomer will receive ALL THE PROMISES God gave to Jesus USING the scripture that an overcomer will rule the nations with an iron fist, this scripture is VERY, EXTEEMLY specific in that the promise to Jesus was that he would put all nations under his feet, and HE ALONE obtains all authority in ruling with an iron first. This person LITERALLY was seeded with the seed of Christ and Christ was LITERALLY formed in them, and they raised a child of Christ, this child is not you, but you are raising him and he is a seed of God.

Ephesians
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism;…

I do realize that what I insinuate is actually scary to even say, but this is where the truth has led.

I think that you are looking at it as if that I want to be God, but it isn't like that. I am looking at it as if God is asking people if they are willing to go and willingly give their life up just as Jesus did here.

Zechariah 12:8 On that day the LORD will shield those who live in ...
... the LORD will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them
will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel ...

The double portion of rain that the few will receive is not like Pentecost at all, it completely transforms a person so much so that they receive all the promises that God gave to Jesus, and in the prophets detailing and explaining this event, Zechariah actually says,'' They will be like God.''

That doesn't mean they become God, there is only one God.

Jesus said that no one was good but the father because Jesus came as any man, different, but given over to the desires and temptations that came to any man and when somebody called him perfect, he corrected them.

That's the thing, is Jesus God?

Is there two Gods?

No.

If I truly believed that there was only a thousand earths in this universe inhabited with people, then I would say that Jesus could go to every one, and even Moses could go to every one in order to expand God, but the numbers just don't add up, there has to be millions of earths and just as this earth has it's purpose AND WAS CREATED FOR A SINGLE PURPOSE, EVERY EARTH THAT IS HABITIBAL HAS THE SAME PURPOSE.

Just by the numbers, I have to believe that there are millions of earths and God is building an ever expanding army with a general to visit each one.
Plausible.
If it werent for one problem

Ive seen those who have taken the mark of the beast.
And witnessed even more lying signs to prove the matter is Literal. And theyve even shown who they are on this very board.

As soon as a person changes the plain reading of scripture to fit a sod, or deep spiritual meaning they have erred.

The delusion has spread using mammon as a vessel of sorts to spread around the globe. It is what everyone was warned about. Once all resources are cut off. The extortion will begin. The false prophet does not worship the Almighty.
In secret the false prophet claims they are the God of this world.
And all those that have joined in the initiative of the general order are sealed with the very number of lucifer.

They boast about it.

Keep boasting, sing and dance, drink and be merry.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Arent you a believer in Yeshua(jesus)?

Old 10-09-2017, 04:33 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Arent you a believer in Yeshua(jesus)?
I'm an atheist. Even as a believer I wasn't taught about the soul anyway. An atheist can wonder what makes a person a person and does any of it survive. I just never really have. The JWs taught that once you're dead you're dead and you would have to be resurrected. Maybe I'm just challenging the last of the beliefs I still have in common with them.

Edit: oops I wanted to thank anyone who is participating on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity