Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 02:51 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
LOL, Yeah, that aint never gonna want to make anyone do anything.
I saw a story on a well known scientist/Atheist and he died and was brought back to life, and it changed his belief. He said that somebody came and met him and he was surprised he was in an afterlife and was worried and he said the person told him that he couldn't have done anything at all that would have separated him from God. He said that God is just a big spirit of love that is ever expanding.

Now, Well, I never believe anyone's after life story, but if I was going to believe one, it would be him. As far as I know, I don't believe anyone can separate us from salvation. Even if you take the most righteous of all men, in all his righteousness, he is still a filthy rag, and there aint nothing you can do to earn salvation.
Well, I believe this is a post that deserves reps.
I on the contrary believe all the 100s of NDEs I have read and been told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 10:26 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jonah fled from God because he knew God is ever merciful, ever loving, and Jonah knew it all along.

It's just like that thing with the sheep and the goats, Jesus is coming to separate the sheep from the goats, and I don't know how much this has to do with separating people because he certainly isn't speaking of separating people from other people, he is speaking of spiritual things, a separation where God divides your waters.

When the division comes, and Messiah puts the goats on the left and the sheep on the right, this is speaking of a single person and how there is a fallen spirit inside all of us. When we die, an angel with a great chain of authority will come to collect that Goat and lock him up, and then he will take you as the sheep, but both are present. Just as the Rich man IS Lazarus, we are shown a division of soul and spirit in very many places. Two men will be in a bed, two women will be at the wheel.

Then comes the division.
I agree with you there are 2 seeds in every person that must be separated. I don't know how God accomplishes this in people who seem like absolute devils even unto death, but I will let God worry about that. While in this world, we have to put up with all the rage and hatred coming out of the hearts and minds of those surrounding us. This world is truly hell.

Old 10-13-2017, 12:11 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I agree with you there are 2 seeds in every person that must be separated. I don't know how God accomplishes this in people who seem like absolute devils even unto death, but I will let God worry about that. While in this world, we have to put up with all the rage and hatred coming out of the hearts and minds of those surrounding us. This world is truly hell.
They are called the Yetzer HaRa and the Yetzer HaTov...

Old 10-13-2017, 08:18 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,272 times
[quote=Orion Rules;49785721 Luke 16:23 the rich man asked for a drop of water to cool his tongue out of the fire he was sent to while the poor man was with Abraham.
In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.

and his soul went to the place of the dead. There, in torment, he saw Abraham in the far distance with Lazarus at his side. and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. [/QUOTE]

again... (Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul), JEHOVAH God's word isn't a lie. a place for the dead , is a grave of some sort. i post scriptural proof, yet you don't believe God's words. you need to do more research, because there was NEVER a "hellfire" created. and we REALLY need to think and ask Jehovah God in Jesus name for spiritual understand. if we don't then we will believe what we think his words mean ,(Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths).

if Abraham was in Heaven, and the rich man was dead and in a "fiery hell". that would mean he wasn't found favor by Jehovah God and Jesus. so why would Abraham who worshiped the God of Israel go against God to make this man who's in a "hellfire" feel some sort of relief, wasn't he sent there by God?! and wouldn't it make more sense that the man would ASK God to relieve him, knowing that there was a God when he was alive?! another food for thought... if he's in a actual fire, just a drop of water on his tongue ISN'T going to relieve his bodily pain! you don't have accurate knowledge of the scriptures, therefore you take what was meant symbolically, literally.

Jonah called the fish body "HELL" what do you think he meant? do you believe he thought he was in a fiery place? MANY again, misunderstand Jesus words, do you think he would contradict his Father's words? when his Father's words says...(Eccle.9:5 The living at least know they will die, but the dead know nothing. They have no further reward, nor are they remembered). if the dead can suffer, then they DO HAVE knowledge that they can feel pain, which they don't! Jesus KNOWS... that the dead can't feel ANYTHING, or KNOWS ANYTHING! again, we need to gain accurate knowledge and UNDERSTANDING, of Jehovah's words. because satan has us believing that a loving God and HIS SON, had created a "HELLFIRE" for the wicked. EVEN THOUGH.. they said once you died... your sins are paid ,(Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death;..."). NO scriptures says, the wages for sin is an "ETERNAL burning" in a "hellfire".

Old 10-13-2017, 08:22 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
again... (Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul), JEHOVAH God's word isn't a lie. a place for the dead , is a grave of some sort. i post scriptural proof, yet you don't believe God's words. you need to do more research, because there was NEVER a "hellfire" created. and we REALLY need to think and ask Jehovah God in Jesus name for spiritual understand. if we don't then we will believe what we think his words mean ,(Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths).

if Abraham was in Heaven, and the rich man was dead and in a "fiery hell". that would mean he wasn't found favor by Jehovah God and Jesus. so why would Abraham who worshiped the God of Israel go against God to make this man who's in a "hellfire" feel some sort of relief, wasn't he sent there by God?! and wouldn't it make more sense that the man would ASK God to relieve him, knowing that there was a God when he was alive?! another food for thought... if he's in a actual fire, just a drop of water on his tongue ISN'T going to relieve his bodily pain! you don't have accurate knowledge of the scriptures, therefore you take what was meant symbolically, literally.

Jonah called the fish body "HELL" what do you think he meant? do you believe he thought he was in a fiery place? MANY again, misunderstand Jesus words, do you think he would contradict his Father's words? when his Father's words says...(Eccle.9:5 The living at least know they will die, but the dead know nothing. They have no further reward, nor are they remembered). if the dead can suffer, then they DO HAVE knowledge that they can feel pain, which they don't! Jesus KNOWS... that the dead can't feel ANYTHING, or KNOWS ANYTHING! again, we need to gain accurate knowledge and UNDERSTANDING, of Jehovah's words. because satan has us believing that a loving God and HIS SON, had created a "HELLFIRE" for the wicked. EVEN THOUGH.. they said once you died... your sins are paid ,(Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death;..."). NO scriptures says, the wages for sin is an "ETERNAL burning" in a "hellfire".
Correct we become a "soul" when we receive the spirit of life at conception. When we die that spirit returns to God, the life force, the body returns to the dust and "we" are gone and thus cannot know anything.

Old 10-13-2017, 12:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
It's in the first chapter of Genesis. He created THEM male and female, male and female created He THEM. That means, they were BOTH male/spirit and female/soul in vessels, not JUST male and female after the flesh. The soul is feminine because "she" is like a womb that will reproduce whatever seed is planted in it. The spirit plants the seed.

The separation of soul from spirit is DEATH. The re-union of the two is the first resurrection, which is also possible while still in the body, ie. the superior resurrection Paul spoke of (I would not be UNclothed, but clothed upon), attainable by dying to self while still in the body.

The soul is comprised of 4 parts, the 4 parts of "us" that have to be tied to the 4 corners of the altar, tied down with cords of love (no greater love has any man than this) that cannot be broken. They are the mind, will, emotions, and desires. At death, the soul stays temporarily trapped with whatever it did not overcome while still in a body. The spirit returns to the One who sent it. Peace

Old 10-13-2017, 12:38 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
The 4 parables of the sower, the wheat and tares, the mustard seed and the leaven are all about a single person sowing a seed in barley, and he dies daily in a Passover lifestyle that Jesus is born inside of him as a seed that died and bore fruit, and when you are born again, you are born into a body that doesn't even belong to you. Paul said they were his children and he was so perplexed at them because they didn't study enough for Christ to be formed in them, and so they were still his children until they could be born again through Passover and walking a progressive path in learning and becoming God's people to enter into the holy place where the bread and light are, in the wheat harvest as God rains his word down on your seed that it dies and bears fruit, and so in the middle of your walk in 7 holy days appointed for 7 years, you have finished your walk in the spring holy days and you want to crossover to the fall holy days that are appointed for the second coming of Christ. But in the middle of your week, you go all the way to death after you have become the wheat, and after you have received the seed of Jesus formed in you from study, that child is caught up to God while you remain here and are given strength.

You want to go all the way to death, your child caught up to God after the wheat harvest, and then comes the fruit harvest.

After walking in the flesh 42 months, you come up to the day no man knows, you come up to your first holy day of the fall in Rosh Hashanah, and you are given the tiniest of the smallest of seeds.

But from this particular seed comes fruit that is unimaginable. It is the smallest of seeds but it will grow extremely fast and as you may have been a grain or a grass in the field of the king in the first harvest, this last smallest of seeds will turn you into a great tree where many will come and make nests in your branches and they will find shade under your arms and sustenance because you have become a great tree of Sukkot and the congregation will bring the trees into the temple like a wind storm on tabernacles. You have become a priest from your studies.

Zechariah 14 does not speak of real rain, it is specifically speaking of your seed.

You are the Passover in flesh, Pentecost in soul, and Tabernacles in spirit, but a woman took a lump of leaven and hid it in 3 meals.

Revelation doesn't speak of a food shortage but it does speak of people when it speaks about the shortage of barley and wheat, but those who walk in the oil and the wine will not be harmed.

If we don't pray for the rain of Tabernacles, we shall receive no rain on our seed for our last harvest, and if we do not receive rain that the seed dies, it cannot bear fruit, and thus, this ever consuming fire in our flesh will never be quenched, and the worm in our seed shall never die.

A seed will sit there for thousands of years waiting for just a drop of water that it might die, but those who receive no rain, their worm shall never die, and their fire shall never be quenched. It just means that they wont be transformed as the people were who received the rain.

Old 10-13-2017, 03:50 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I got curious about the Christian concept of soul mostly because of the thread on the main section.
Is the soul eternal? Did it exist before you were born? If God created it what is it created out of?
1- No, soul is Not eternal because as per Ezekiel 18:4,20 the soul that sins dies. ( soul is Not death proof )
2- No, soul did Not exist before birth or conception. Adam was made from dust as per Genesis 2:7
3- God created Adam out of the dust of the ground. At death mortal Adam returned to the ground as per Genesis 3:19 B.

If the soul or person was immortal there would be No need for a resurrection because the living don't need a resurrection.
Christendom (so-called Christian) teaches being more alive after death than before death.
When mortal Adam ' returned ' to the dust he went back to where he started - Genesis 3:19 B.
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before.
So, Adam like us, went from non-life, to life, and at death returned back to non-life.
Unlike Adam, through Jesus we can have a resurrection to either heaven for some, or back to happy-and-healthy physical life on Earth starting when Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth begins.

Old 10-13-2017, 03:54 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Correct we become a "soul" when we receive the spirit of life at conception. When we die that spirit returns to God, the life force, the body returns to the dust and "we" are gone and thus cannot know anything.
I find life's spirit ' returns ' to God in the same way a foreclosed house returns to the owner.
The house itself does Not go or move anywhere, but it remains in the owner's hands until a future time.
In the case of the resurrection, one's spirit of life ' returns ' on Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth when at that time even enemy death will be No more as per 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:46 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find life's spirit ' returns ' to God in the same way a foreclosed house returns to the owner.
The house itself does Not go or move anywhere, but it remains in the owner's hands until a future time.
In the case of the resurrection, one's spirit of life ' returns ' on Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth when at that time even enemy death will be No more as per 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
Yep that spirit comes to us to give us life. It returns to God with our personality, etc in it. Kinda like a blank CD and then the same CD with data. Then when that spirit returns, it is the person who comes back to life as a living soul after being a dead soul.

Luke 8:55 55 And her spirit came again, and she arose straightway: and he commanded to give her meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity