Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 05:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
...it's amazing what the thought of death will conjure up (i.e., visions of spirits and ghosts).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yeah, Jesus had a real problem with that, since He cast them out of people, and so did the apostles, and so we are told, will those that believe. Guess they were just all thinking about death a lot, huh? Peace
What he cast out was that of various illnesses or diseases, so they would be of a sound mind and body.
It had nothing at all to do with your concept of demons and/or Satan, which is lunacy in, and of itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 05:42 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
matt 16

And the king of Sodom said to Abram, "Give me the souls, and the possessions take for yourself."
And Abram said to the king of Sodom, "I raise my hand to the Lord, the Most High God, Who possesses heaven and earth. Neither from a thread to a shoe strap, nor will I take from whatever is yours, that you should not say, 'I have made Abram wealthy.'

gen, 14

Old 10-17-2017, 05:45 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
Quote:
What he cast out was that of various illnesses or diseases, so they would be of a sound mind and body.
It had nothing at all to do with your concept of demons and/or Satan, which is lunacy in, and of itself.

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about. One is the ROOT, one is the fruit. Clearly, you have never gone through a deliverance, neither yours or anyone else's. Jesus was plain on it, but of course, you have to believe ALL He said, not just your fav parts. Peace

Old 10-17-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You have NO IDEA what you are talking about. One is the ROOT, one is the fruit. Clearly, you have never gone through a deliverance, neither yours or anyone else's. Jesus was plain on it, but of course, you have to believe ALL He said, not just your fav parts. Peace
I have a sound mind, which tells me that there is no reason to summon and control that which does not exist.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
I have a sound mind, which tells me that there is no reason to summon and control that which does not exist.
Huh, did you just admit you have no soul?

Old 10-18-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Huh, did you just admit you have no soul?
I have a soul, it is who I AM, therefore I exist.
Although your foolishness doesn't surprise me.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:13 PM

10,074 posts, read 4,995,238 times
Quote:
Have a soul or are a soul ? ________
Adam did Not have a soul, nor did Adam possess a soul, because according to Genesis 2:7 Adam was a soul.
Adam went from non-life, to life, and at death returned back to non-life as per Genesis 3:19.
So, like father Adam we are a soul. A living soul and at death we become a dead soul or a life-less soul.
After all, as Ezekiel 18:4,20 says the soul (person) that sins dies.
Otherwise, there would be No need for a resurrection by Christ Jesus - Revelation 1:18.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Have a soul or are a soul ? ________
Adam did Not have a soul, nor did Adam possess a soul, because according to Genesis 2:7 Adam was a soul.
Adam went from non-life, to life, and at death returned back to non-life as per Genesis 3:19.
So, like father Adam we are a soul. A living soul and at death we become a dead soul or a life-less soul.
After all, as Ezekiel 18:4,20 says the soul (person) that sins dies.
Otherwise, there would be No need for a resurrection by Christ Jesus - Revelation 1:18.
I have a mind, will and emotions, thus, I AM ALIVE.
Although we will ALL experience death, it's temporary.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I know

You need to take seat.

And not watch what is going to be done.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:09 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times
We all know that enlightened here that sneers at Genesis knows where it came from:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity