Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 03:28 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Looks like it's a Christian holiday...
What holiday did Jesus' apostles keep. That would be a Christian holiday.
The ONLY observance Jesus said for Christians to keep is found at Luke 22:19.
That is a memorial of his day of death (Good Friday) because Jesus' ransom covers many as said at Matthew 20:28.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 03:58 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
TV preachers fit the category of the MANY proving false as found at Matthew 7:21-23.
Relaxing was allowed under the Constitution of the Mosaic Law so I don't understand your statement.
If Jesus was alive today why Not surf, or golf just would Not be involved in dangerous sports.
I find Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine. Wine was served at the Passover observance.
We can Not read people's hearts but Jesus can and will according to Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
That is the purpose for getting rid of the wilfully wicked at the soon coming time of separation on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37. - Psalm 92:7; Proverbs 2:21-22.
Many earthly holidays or celebrations have non-biblical roots honoring the creation. ( Wicked Satan is a creation )
Wine during the Sedar was the only time my maternal grandfather drank alcohol.

Halloween is from a pagan origin, not from Satan. Not sure why some Christians want to label anything not from their Bible as the work of Satan and therefore the golfing reference same as some think TV or music is the work of Satan.

Do you agree that these jerk harrassing families participating in a legal and normal tradition were wrong in what they accused the adults of or do you think those guys and the guy at the beach were sharing and promoting love? Statistically speaking more of the parents would label themselves Christian than not.

Old 10-22-2017, 04:15 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Halloween is basically the exaltation of death, geared to attract children at the earliest possible age, so as to desensitize them to all the evil images. As they get older, it's used to get them into various forms of occultic practices like séances and Ouija boards. Peace
I thought I'd pretty much heard the dumbest of the dumb arguments from fundamentalists re Halloween, but no. You outdid your comrades here. Congrats.

Old 10-22-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Yes it is. I've found over the years that Christians are largely blind to the evils of this. All you have to do is ask kids that go to Halloween parties what they did for entertainment, and 9 times out of 10, a séance or Ouija board was involved. Glorifying death and gruesome murder scenes is in no way a good thing for children. I provided alternative things for my kids to do with me that were way more exciting to them and told them why mom wouldn't allow them to participate in such things. Peace
You are outright making things up here. I've never known a kids' Halloween party to include seances or Ouija boards. It's dressup, treats, and games.

You are dishonest in your drive to judge and show your disdain for others, Rbb1. Shame on you.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 10-22-2017 at 04:27 PM..

Old 10-22-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It doesn't show.

And it really does help if common sense is also part of the equation.

"Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and higher education positively fortifies it."

Stephen Vizinczey

Old 10-22-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Can you picture God's Son (aka Jesus) at a dress-up party wearing a devil's outfit or a devil's costume for any reason.

P.S. Jesus never taught burning for eternity but taught resurrection - Revelation 1:18.
Actually, yeah, I could. I believe Jesus had to have had a sense of humor. Nobody would have followed a dull, judgmental, humorless drag around.

Old 10-22-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I can picture Jesus doing just that. I think he probably had a sense of humour.

What I cannot picture, is him being the OT god's son.
GMTA.

I should have read ahead.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 10-22-2017 at 04:44 PM..

Old 10-22-2017, 04:49 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Yes it is. I've found over the years that Christians are largely blind to the evils of this. All you have to do is ask kids that go to Halloween parties what they did for entertainment, and 9 times out of 10, a séance or Ouija board was involved. Glorifying death and gruesome murder scenes is in no way a good thing for children. I provided alternative things for my kids to do with me that were way more exciting to them and told them why mom wouldn't allow them to participate in such things. Peace
WOW..Isn't this the 21st century? Why are people wanting to make America PURITAN again?

Old 10-22-2017, 05:15 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
I'm trying to figure this out. A little 3-year-old fairy princess and a 4-year-old Spiderman come to the door and say "Trick or Treat" while mom and dad wait down at the sidewalk. Am I supposed to tell them that they are evil devil worshipers before or after I give them some candy? I'm sure there are a lot of people that want to know.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:42 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You are outright making things up here. I've never known a kids' Halloween party to include seances or Ouija boards. It's dressup, treats, and games.
You are dishonest in your drive to judge and show your disdain for others, Rbb1. Shame on you.
Amen. It fits her narrative, MQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity