Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2017, 05:22 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
First of all, it was not the Passover He didn't go with them to at first, it was the feast of Tabernacles and He went in secret. Find out why and you'll be well on your way to dispelling some of stuff you believe.

And; maybe you missed it, but I said I closed myself up with Him and the word for the first two years of my walk. I visited many churches with friends, but joined none because I could only find one in the word and it didn't have a name over the door. That was the sum total of my church involvement when one day after hearing the umpteenth rapture sermon in exasperation I said to Him in my mind, "LORD, where can I go to be fed?" He said, "On the mountaintop." Didn't have to hit me with a brick, and I left and stayed there. So no, my "church of G-d roots" are not showing.

He couldn't make it any plainer....Peace

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 5:18 - For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19 - Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Did you understand the part about Jesus deceiving His own disciples about His going to whatever feast you want to make it? Why would it be necessary to DECEIVE your own followers if the "feast" was a wonderful and joyous thing to take part in? And where is that verse from Jesus' lips that says "Keep the feasts if you want to be my follower?"

And if you closed yourself up with a Bible for two years it is understandable why you are a bibliolator. Scripture is complicated enough to need a lot of points of view. Then one has to have a moral compass in order to sift the chaff from the wheat within it.

If you meet Jesus, you've met everything there is to know about God. He is EXACTLY God, not similar, not "like," an EXACT replica of God.

God is like Jesus. He is EXACTLY like Jesus. God has ALWAYS been EXACTLY like Jesus. God didn't become like Jesus. God has always, eternally been like Jesus.

So how is Jesus NOT like your warrior king? The god you've created is bigger, wiser, and stronger, than any other mainly because he is yours, and woe be to the bully (as you consider me) who picks on you. Your hope is in a mighty "smiter," who avenges you either now or in the Day of Judgement.

But when we recall how Jesus came, how He arrived, how He lived, and how He died---that Jesus---the exact God of the universe--is NOTHING like an avenger or smiter. His way of overcoming is opposed to your way of thinking. He showed us how on earth it should be as it is in heaven. A babe born in a manger, a servant washing His disciples feet, or a MIGHTY KING dying on a cross. If Jesus is to be called a "king" He is a very humble king, an ironic king, and perhaps even an anti-king. And Jesus made it clear He was NOT like the warrior kings of His day.
Quote:
But Jesus called them to Himself and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. YET IT SHALL NOT BE SO AMONG YOU; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave, just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to SERVE, and to give His life a ransom for many.
Matt. 20:25-28

Theologian Derek Flood wrote:
Quote:
Jesus models the way of God, not as one who "lords it over others" but as the servant Lord, and calls for us to embody that way, too. Following Jesus means rejecting the way of domination, the way of worldly kings.
Derek Flood, "The More I follow Jesus, the Less I Like His Teaching," The Rebel God

The reason you don't like the servant God, is because you haven't met Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 05:26 PM

691 posts, read 419,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
did you ever stop to think the ones who you deemed bored were showing their works out of compassion and love.
A conversation in Christ may of been what was needed yet not wanted by some because they had little works to bring into the conversation.
To which there is no reason to be upset.
Those who have studied diligently are only comparing notes per say in some cases.
Even in these cases there is only the Love of God at heart

The fruits of the Spirit for a child to be formed is not going to be the end all of a conversation in Christ.

So to ensure protection for the younger generations, they are kept away till maturity. Those that are without carry a bitterness toward new life.
Bored means apathetic and indifferent in appearance?

Old 11-08-2017, 05:29 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Did you understand the part about Jesus deceiving His own disciples about His going to whatever feast you want to make it? Why would it be necessary to DECEIVE your own followers if the "feast" was a wonderful and joyous thing to take part in? And where is that verse from Jesus' lips that says "Keep the feasts if you want to be my follower?"

And if you closed yourself up with a Bible for two years it is understandable why you are a bibliolator. Scripture is complicated enough to need a lot of points of view. Then one has to have a moral compass in order to sift the chaff from the wheat within it.

If you meet Jesus, you've met everything there is to know about God. He is EXACTLY God, not similar, not "like," an EXACT replica of God.

God is like Jesus. He is EXACTLY like Jesus. God has ALWAYS been EXACTLY like Jesus. God didn't become like Jesus. God has always, eternally been like Jesus.

So how is Jesus NOT like your warrior king? The god you've created is bigger, wiser, and stronger, than any other mainly because he is yours, and woe be to the bully (as you consider me) who picks on you. Your hope is in a mighty "smiter," who avenges you either now or in the Day of Judgement.

But when we recall how Jesus came, how He arrived, how He lived, and how He died---that Jesus---the exact God of the universe--is NOTHING like an avenger or smiter. His way of overcoming is opposed to your way of thinking. He showed us how on earth it should be as it is in heaven. A babe born in a manger, a servant washing His disciples feet, or a MIGHTY KING dying on a cross. If Jesus is to be called a "king" He is a very humble king, an ironic king, and perhaps even an anti-king. And Jesus made it clear He was NOT like the warrior kings of His day.

Derek Flood, "The More I follow Jesus, the Less I Like His Teaching," The Rebel God

And after the Victory of the Cross.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:18 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
First of all, it was not the Passover He didn't go with them to at first, it was the feast of Tabernacles and He went in secret. Find out why and you'll be well on your way to dispelling some of stuff you believe.

And; maybe you missed it, but I said I closed myself up with Him and the word for the first two years of my walk. I visited many churches with friends, but joined none because I could only find one in the word and it didn't have a name over the door. That was the sum total of my church involvement when one day after hearing the umpteenth rapture sermon in exasperation I said to Him in my mind, "LORD, where can I go to be fed?" He said, "On the mountaintop." Didn't have to hit me with a brick, and I left and stayed there. So no, my "church of G-d roots" are not showing.

He couldn't make it any plainer....Peace

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 5:18 - For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19 - Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Did you understand the part about Jesus deceiving His own disciples about His going to whatever feast you want to make it? Why would it be necessary to DECEIVE your own followers if the "feast" was a wonderful and joyous thing to take part in?

Quote:
But Jesus called them to Himself and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. YET IT SHALL NOT BE SO AMONG YOU; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave, just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to SERVE, and to give His life a ransom for many.

Quote:
Jesus models the way of God, not as one who "lords it over others" but as the servant Lord, and calls for us to embody that way, too. Following Jesus means rejecting the way of domination, the way of worldly kings.

This is darn near a double post because I stopped in the middle of an edit long enough to watch Morgan Freeman's show "The Story of Us," the episode on our need for love. And in that episode, I saw clearly that you need love and that the divisions we have is because you haven't found that agape love in your own life. But God does love you, and Jesus can provide it for you.

Rbbi1, what you need is to be loved. Not selfishly as humans are prone to do with a love that is desirous of something, but loved because you deserve to be loved. Only once it is given to you as Jesus can give it, you will be free to love others in a similar fashion---and no LAW anywhere, for any reason, will be able to prevent you from giving it to others.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:40 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Great tune from my fundy days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vzMGjoje18
. they have some great songs..

but you ain't fooling anyone .. you still a fundy , you just have another master and doing a different boogie

Old 11-08-2017, 11:48 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
yes we kind of did the same thing..
when I was about 12 - 18 years old I went to a home group 5-6 nights a week bible study, prayer , discussions ... friday night worship till wee hours of the morning worshipping and praying for peoples needs..
before that < 12 I walked to some churches if they were close enough and I barely went to churches in those years because I was busy studying with what had become a family to me. People who were really seeking the Lord and were ex hippies and some ex-cults. and they just wanted to study it for themselves . were wanting and trying to walk what they talk and share all things and such.. it is still a very close family even when we may not see each other for years and some of us have moved from where we all lived before .. so even half a country apart.. there is lasting bonds or respect and love that was walked out everyday ... we didn't worship on sundays so people could go to the regular church which some did.
but when I was first 12 13 years old or so I fell into deep Love with "Lambs" music and I was hooked on hebrew words and sounds traditions if that helped me to understand his words better. and it started as 12- 13. and by the time my babies were 3 or 4 we were celebrating some biblical feasts( we were celebrating him doing his feasts ) as part of our home schooling . when we could afford it and where we had room to Make it a party we did make it a party...
yes in those ages If I wasn't in school was studying hours and hours and in bible discussions hours and hours almost everyday of the week. ..

Well, when most people fall in love, they want to spend every waking minute with their beloved. Why should He be any different to us? It should be more so, if anything.

I remember Lamb's music from way back. There's a lot of good Messianic and even some Jewish music about the feasts, that I listen to now. Peace

Old 11-08-2017, 11:54 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

Well Warden, if you didn't think you were too good to study the feasts, you'd KNOW why He went into it in secret. I never said I don't like the servant G-d; that's you putting words in my mouth to try to stop the truth by attacking the poster, your favorite tactic.

He is the Torah and the Prophets made flesh, it was all written about Him, as He witnessed of Himself after His resurrection to the 2 on the road. Get over it.

The only point of view you need about scripture is His, obtained from His Spirit, which is our teacher, as we are also told. You don't believe hardly anything that was written, especially that, or you wouldn't keep joining yourself to every carnally minded harlot soulish book writer out there. Peace

Old 11-09-2017, 03:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Well Warden, if you didn't think you were too good to study the feasts, you'd KNOW why He went into it in secret. I never said I don't like the servant G-d; that's you putting words in my mouth to try to stop the truth by attacking the poster, your favorite tactic.

He is the Torah and the Prophets made flesh, it was all written about Him, as He witnessed of Himself after His resurrection to the 2 on the road. Get over it.

The only point of view you need about scripture is His, obtained from His Spirit, which is our teacher, as we are also told. You don't believe hardly anything that was written, especially that, or you wouldn't keep joining yourself to every carnally minded harlot soulish book writer out there. Peace
What good has it done for you studying the feasts? How has it caused growth in your life or increased your faith knowing why Jesus went to the feasts ?.

The scriptures testifying of him does not mean the bible and Jesus Christ are one and the same.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:49 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What good has it done for you studying the feasts? How has it caused growth in your life or increased your faith knowing why Jesus went to the feasts ?.

The scriptures testifying of him does not mean the bible and Jesus Christ are one and the same.
It increases your faith because you begin to learn parables, you begin to understand Revelation, and all the hidden things Jesus was saying. To be able to unlock the parables is learning what must be done, and it can't be done unless you know what it is. Those wise virgins have a purpose, but unless you unlock the hidden meaning in where to buy the oil, you will never buy the oil, nor will you believe anyone if they tell you where to buy the oil unless you can read it yourself. When a person buys the oil, the oil is poured on his head, and this is life changing.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:55 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
It increases your faith because you begin to learn parables, you begin to understand Revelation, and all the hidden things Jesus was saying. To be able to unlock the parables is learning what must be done, and it can't be done unless you know what it is. Those wise virgins have a purpose, but unless you unlock the hidden meaning in where to buy the oil, you will never buy the oil, nor will you believe anyone if they tell you where to buy the oil unless you can read it yourself. When a person buys the oil, the oil is poured on his head, and this is life changing.
And, again, the question for Rbbi was how it has changed her life?

Has it changed yours Hanni?

ETA: Also, what do you mean by it increases your faith?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity