Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 PM

5 posts, read 9,521 times

Advertisements

I was recently involved in a deliverance service where many demons were cast out of me, including the demon of insanity. While i was being ministered to i was almost fully conscious of what i was saying and doing. I distinctly remember myself teasing the people who were helping me and saying "what spirit?, and"what blood?" I also mentioned saying i was an arch demon. After this, i tried to live my normal christian life before the incident, but since my whole view and concept of my christianity was shattered. I no longer felt any enthusiasm in praise and worship at church, even though i was one of the most energetic people in the choir just weeks before. I no longer found joy in reading the bible and i started to slip back into old habits. I alzo stopped caring about school and my friends. Then i remembered the bible verse that said that whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit is unforgiven in this world and the next. I have read up on this a lot and i'm still not sure whether i would qualify, or whether my whole life direction would have to be towards sin with no attempt to get back to God. I would however like to get back on track and i really had thought that i had loved God before this. Now with this new apathetic spirit dogging me i can't tell if this is right or not. I do not want to go to hell. Someone please help me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 10:02 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,455,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily399 View Post
I was recently involved in a deliverance service where many demons were cast out of me, including the demon of insanity. While i was being ministered to i was almost fully conscious of what i was saying and doing. I distinctly remember myself teasing the people who were helping me and saying "what spirit?, and"what blood?" I also mentioned saying i was an arch demon. After this, i tried to live my normal christian life before the incident, but since my whole view and concept of my christianity was shattered. I no longer felt any enthusiasm in praise and worship at church, even though i was one of the most energetic people in the choir just weeks before. I no longer found joy in reading the bible and i started to slip back into old habits. I alzo stopped caring about school and my friends. Then i remembered the bible verse that said that whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit is unforgiven in this world and the next. I have read up on this a lot and i'm still not sure whether i would qualify, or whether my whole life direction would have to be towards sin with no attempt to get back to God. I would however like to get back on track and i really had thought that i had loved God before this. Now with this new apathetic spirit dogging me i can't tell if this is right or not. I do not want to go to hell. Someone please help me!
Please move this thread to the Christianity forum. People will just make fun of you here, and you obviously need help from believers.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:27 PM

696 posts, read 915,890 times
Quote:
Who removed this demon from you? On what authority did they do so? Do you have a history of depression or some such thought? Your post worries me as many who suffer can be the prey of a false teacher. This is not an issue to take lightly and you need to address it.

Second have you prayed to God? To blaspheme the Holy Spirit is to outright reject the Saviour in many respects. There is some difference of opinion, but I highly doubt you committed it. If you have an apathetic spirit have you prayed to the Lord about it. I encourage you to do so and do it without fear. Approach the Lord with your thoughts first and foremost. He will remove your burdens freely with no action by you. All you need is faith.

Your feelings are natural. You are searching. Do not be afraid. Entreat the Lord and pour your heart out to Him. Do so first on your own in quiet prayer with Him. I will pray for you tonight in my prayers. I hope this helps you.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:55 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times
Quote:
Why did you have an exorcism preformed on you to begin with?

Old 02-10-2010, 02:13 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Why did you have an exorcism preformed on you to begin with?
I'd like to know that too.

In any case - death and hell have been defeated for you. that's the good news. It's not about you anymore.

Saying things during an exorcism certainly will not scare God away from you - that's just a superstitious thought.

One thing I do know "Perfect love casts out all fear".

Quote:
whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.
Focus on expressing love to those around you.

Blessings,

- FB

PS - You also seem to be suffering from a bit of OCD. I had some battles with this as a child and it is almost always present when people have an obsessive fear of hell. Seek out Christian psychologist or other mental health professional to help you understand that before you can love your neighbor as yourself you have to love and accept yourself - see yourself as Jesus sees you.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:20 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,076 times
Lily,

Christ defeated already what haunts you. Call out to Him. PM me...we can talk there. I have experience with this, personally.

Ironmaw, Firstborn, this person really needs help, not more questions and conclusions on what you think is wrong with her. Guide her closer to Christ. Help your sister.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:06 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Lily,

Christ defeated already what haunts you. Call out to Him. PM me...we can talk there. I have experience with this, personally.

Ironmaw, Firstborn, this person really needs help, not more questions and conclusions on what you think is wrong with her. Guide her closer to Christ. Help your sister.
Yes.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:04 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,335,353 times
maybe you talk with this guys:

www.pathoftruth.com

there is also a chat available

Old 02-10-2010, 06:14 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,987,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

PS - You also seem to be suffering from a bit of OCD. I had some battles with this as a child and it is almost always present when people have an obsessive fear of hell. Seek out Christian psychologist or other mental health professional to help you understand that before you can love your neighbor as yourself you have to love and accept yourself - see yourself as Jesus sees you.
THAT is good.......sorry I can't rep you currently.

GP

Old 02-10-2010, 10:39 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Lily,

If i knew what the problem was to begin with maybe i could offer advice. But her general disenchantment doesn't seem to be the core issue. Whatever had caused her to seek an exorcism seems to be what started all this to begin with, so i was merely trying to uncover the root of the problem.

As far as blaspheming the holy spirit is concerned, it is saying(believing) the spirit of Christ is "the devil". Or that the power of Christ comes from "the devil" instead of from the holy spirit ... So i dont think she has anything to worry about in that department. However it seems to me that if she thought she needed and exorcism something else must be amiss, and depending on the reasons for her having one, she could have one of several different problems.

Im just trying to understand ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 02-10-2010 at 11:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity