Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 08:57 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Maybe he did. I can tell you that the words of the pastor afterward have been truly glorifying to God. I can speak with certainty that people I know have been inspired to stronger faith as a result of that.
He's an employee of god. What words do you think he's going to use against the entity that controls his retirement destination.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:58 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
He's an employee of god. What words do you think he's going to use against the entity that controls his retirement destination.
All Christians should be that devoted to God. That's the point. All human beings should be, actually. He's your creator. He can do what he wants with his creation.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
All Christians should be that devoted to God. That's the point. All human beings should be, actually. He's your creator. He can do what he wants with his creation.
That's not devotion. That's fear.

You've just been convinced that fear = devotion.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:03 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:

OK? And?

Old 11-11-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
OK? And?
Well that's a good first step BFun.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
I don't agree with this. Tell me why would God want us to be devoted ? God wants us to enjoy life and there is no greater way of doing this thanbeing devoted to living in love and peace. God does not and cannot act outside his true nature and character, so he really does not do what he wants, if God did there would be chaos and confusion.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:14 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:

Quote:
OK? And?
Fear is the bedrock of fundie faith.

And if I thought the godling they worship was real, I'd be afraid of it too.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Politics - instead of faith - will result in neither salvation nor safety.

Your brand of authoritarian dictatorship of the proletariat would leave the nations citizens denuded of personal protection and corporate liberty. Gun control laws have been passed, but NOT applied by the very government that is supposed to defend us. I'd like to know why so many liberals refuse to acknowledge that fact.

The Texas shooter should never have been allowed to buy his firearms. He was mentally unstable and morally bankrupt. Government agencies with the responsibility to share their information with each other did not do so. This has been the case over and over and over again. When disaster happens, our citizens are treated to a bureaucratic cover up so as to mask governmental ineptitude and negligence and embarrassment. Our leaders do not like to be shown as the fools they really are, so they evade the issue.

In the end, those that died at the hands of yet another liberal mistake may have gone to live with Jesus AS HAS ALWAYS BEEN THEIR HOPE. They just got an early excusal from the troubles of life. The rest of us are left to deal with their absence and the cause of it.

Some people, like you liberals, want to blame the very people who want to defend themselves (as well as your defense if it came to such a time). The solution for fear of firearm assault is a well armed society. Gun for gun. Knife for knife. Bomb for bomb. Respect is a thing that is earned, not given. A well armed and trained person is a respected person.

The victims of Sutherland Springs now live in heaven where there is nothing to fear. Those of us who are left must live in caution, because this place is NOT heaven and there are human vermin among us. To our liberal citizens I can only say that stupidity is not a virtue, neither will it provide proof against bullets or knives or trucks used against us. Constant vigilance and an appeal to God for saving grace will go a long way toward peace and safety.

Praise God and pass the ammunition.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

So choir, the slaughter of those children and babies was a good thing in the grand divine plan thing, right?

Old 11-11-2017, 11:43 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
So how do you disarm good people with out attacking them and their right to protect them selves ?
Manufactured events such as this, democrats aim at the instrument, not the wickedness of the person , as though the instrument were the cause . If that were the case the pen should been out lawed, having been the chief instrument of war .
Unethical immoral culture are the cause.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:22 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
So how do you disarm good people with out attacking them and their right to protect them selves ?
Manufactured events such as this, democrats aim at the instrument, not the wickedness of the person , as though the instrument were the cause . If that were the case the pen should been out lawed, having been the chief instrument of war .
Unethical immoral culture are the cause.
Amen and hooah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity