Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 09:12 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,801 times

Advertisements

Greet

I study to find truth, people say so much about, who is true, and who are not, but if your heart is right what they say isn’t important, but what they see when they go to bed, as the night progressed it’s the shadow that comes by night, but the light that comes, overshadow darkness, for them it better to be in the shadow, they may see the light, John, In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
1:3-5 (KJV)

If the righteous will be recompensed on the earth, How much more the ungodly and the sinner.
Proverbs 11:31

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves.

Matthew 10:16

But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them.

John 10:12-13

The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

John 10: 14

Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

Acts 20:28

For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock.

Acts 20:29

Also from among you men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.

Acts 20:30

Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.

Acts 20:31

Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, and beware of the mutilation!

Philippians 3:2

For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,

Philippians 3:3

though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so:

Philippians 3:4

For dogs have surrounded Me; The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and My feet;

Psalm 22:16

I can count all my bones. My enemies stare at me and gloat. Psalm 22:17

But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Revelation 22:15

pleases do not respond, not for you only them

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 11-16-2017 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 09:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
From the title, I thought it might be interesting.

It wasn't.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:19 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
You're got a lot of verses there. How about picking a few to ask about. They all do not magically tie together. There also appears to be no question or point being made. We're left with a room full of question marks.

Yeah, the title was a bit titillating, almost like a song title, but.... we find no meat on the plate.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:45 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
I remember some years ago the Pastor cried wolf in the church and prayed for discernment to catch the wolf .... The Pastor passed away three month later with cancer , you could blame it on the devil or God , as the Pastor was out of his spiritual authority to condemn people in His church ........Christians are called to pray for their enemies , and God will take care ...

Old 11-17-2017, 03:49 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
For dogs have surrounded Me; The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and My feet;

I can hear his frustration. We are surrounded by "sleepers" and mean spirited people. Those that push their agendas above all else.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:44 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

I can hear his frustration. We are surrounded by "sleepers" and mean spirited people. Those that push their agendas above all else.

I don't think the "wolves"* are people. They are all those thoughts and beliefs that will destroy us if we let them. They are the equivalent of the weeds in our garden, anything that threatens to choke out the life/love/light. The "voices" in our head that we've internalized that try to tell us we're worthless or unlovable or helpless or whatever the self-criticism du jour might be. And they're the voices that say other people are our enemies rather than that whatever negative, harmful things have invaded their minds/our minds are our common enemy.

*I'm told by someone who has studied about wolves, that they get a bad rap, so my apologies to her and to wolves for feeding in to the stereotype.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:02 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Greet

I study to find truth, people say so much about, who is true, and who are not, but if your heart is right what they say isn’t important, but what they see when they go to bed, as the night progressed it’s the shadow that comes by night, but the light that comes, overshadow darkness, for them it better to be in the shadow, they may see the light, John, In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

If the righteous will be recompensed on the earth, How much more the ungodly and the sinner.

But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them.

Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock.

Also from among you men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.

Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.

For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,

though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so:

But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Do you have a point with the random verses?

Old 11-17-2017, 10:45 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Greet

Amen
outside the outer gates in the darkness are those who love a lie.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:13 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Amen
outside the outer gates in the darkness are those who love a lie.

Amen. The lie began with "Hath G-d said?", and she was seduced by what appeared to be good through the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life. Respect of persons also began here through that, as Eve preferred what she could see through eyes of the flesh and her own understanding, as opposed to what she couldn't (Spirit). And by Revelation the serpent is a dragon, as generations upon generations have fed the beast. Peace

Old 11-17-2017, 11:16 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Amen. The lie began with "Hath G-d said?", and she was seduced by what appeared to be good through the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life. Respect of persons also began here through that, as Eve preferred what she could see through eyes of the flesh and her own understanding, as opposed to what she couldn't (Spirit). And by Revelation the serpent is a dragon, as generations upon generations have fed the beast. Peace
some of us have known for longer than we realized
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity