Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 10:11 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can you point out to me where it says " i have cursed". Thanks in Advance. If i say "because you have pulled out the plug from a bath tub full of water " , does that mean i caused the water to empty out?.

So you really DO have reading comprehension problems? There are 4 in the story. Which one is above all and therefore capable of rendering judgment? Four guesses and the first three don't count. Peace

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Gen. 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Gen 4:11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;

Gen. 5:20 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 10:23 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
So you really DO have reading comprehension problems? There are 4 in the story. Which one is above all and therefore capable of rendering judgment? Four guesses and the first three don't count. Peace

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Gen. 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Gen 4:11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;

Gen. 5:20 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.
One of those verses said God cursed the ground, it was a man who said it. The other 3 verses you are quoting do not say God cursed anything. God did not say because you have done this "I" have cursed the ground. Did you have a problem understanding you and I?.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
One of those verses said God cursed the ground, it was a man who said it. The other 3 verses you are quoting do not say God cursed anything. God did not say because you have done this "I" have cursed the ground. Did you have a problem understanding you and I?.

How's the weather there in the land of Denial? G-d is speaking in all but the last one, and that was Noah's testimony that the LORD had cursed the earth. G-d is the only one capable of cursing the ground. I recommend you look up all verses with "cursed" in them, and find their origin, of which there are many. Peace

Old 11-30-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
How's the weather there in the land of Denial? G-d is speaking in all but the last one, and that was Noah's testimony that the LORD had cursed the earth. G-d is the only one capable of cursing the ground. I recommend you look up all verses with "cursed" in them, and find their origin, of which there are many. Peace
Where are you seeing I HAVE CURSED the Ground?. The ground is cursed because of what you have done and i have cursed the ground because of you, are saying 2 different things.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Where are you seeing I HAVE CURSED the Ground?. The ground is cursed because of what you have done and i have cursed the ground because of you, are saying 2 different things.

You do understand the concept of authority, don't you? Who has the authority to both bless and curse, and it come to pass in all of the creation, by just the power of His words? It's not man. Read Deuteronomy if you're unclear on that. Peace

Matthew 25:41 - "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

Old 11-30-2017, 10:41 AM

You can deny it as much you want RBBI. Your bible clearly says in Galatians 6:8 this

For he that soweth to his flesh shall "of the flesh" reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall "of the Spirit" reap life everlasting.

In others the ground and the seed are at play in this. Adam sowed a corrupted seed and from the flesh reaped the fruit of it.

You are changing what it is saying in Genesis to fit your belief, blaming something on God that's he's not done.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
You can deny it as much you want RBBI. Your bible clearly says in Galatians 6:8 this

For he that soweth to his flesh shall "of the flesh" reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall "of the Spirit" reap life everlasting.

In others the ground and the seed are at play in this. Adam sowed a corrupted seed and from the flesh reaped the fruit of it.

You are changing what it is saying in Genesis to fit your belief, blaming something on God that's he's not done.

Did you miss the part where Noah said the LORD cursed the earth? I think Noah would know; he wasn't that far removed from the scene. In addition, you really should read Deuteronomy and save me the trouble of posting half of it. Peace

Old 11-30-2017, 01:03 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:

Old 12-10-2017, 12:48 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Did you miss the part where Noah said the LORD cursed the earth? I think Noah would know; he wasn't that far removed from the scene..................
Yes, Noah would know. Know exactly what is recorded at Genesis 8:21-22 that in part says that God will NOT curse the ground any more.....

Old 12-10-2017, 12:54 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Matthew 25:41 - "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
... and I find at Revelation 21:8 the ' eternal fire ' is ' second death '.
Since Hebrews 2:14 B says Jesus will destroy Satan, then second death is a fitting term for: destruction.
As Psalm 92:7 says the wicked will be destroyed forever.
As fire consumes things never to be brought back again, then ' second death ' shows No returning for Satan and company.
- 2nd Thessalonians 1:9.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity