Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 01:57 PM

23,182 posts, read 10,474,991 times

Advertisements

Is anybody brave enough to come and lay hands on my grandson because they know they can pray and get a healing?

Really, it isn't happening, why do we try and pretend that somebody has the power of the Holy spirit, and THEY KNOW that can't lay hands on anyone and expect a miracle. If anyone has the Holy spirit, and they think they have the power of the Holy spirit, then let them heal my family members.

Where O where is the great healer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 02:37 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,965,856 times
OP, you are over thinking this. You are talking to yourself and probably driving yourself nuts. Only one thing to know is the golden rule. Treat other people like you would have them treat you. Follow the commandments. Be honest. Be kind. Be happy.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:43 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,952 times
If I were a spirit and had the opportunity to whisper in your ear, I would do it making a guess of something that you always wanted, your neighbors to move. If it comes true I would own you.

‘...hating God even more’ is something more pressing to address in your life rather than bad neighbors.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:58 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,711,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebola View Post
OK. Believe what you want. I have a chemical imbalance and I believe doctors killed my father and sister because of my paranoia. I have statements from the hospital and my sister's doctor himself that he overdosed her on chemo which destroyed her body and stomach and she died of malnutrition, but whatever...

Plus my father's doctor overradiated my father above the neck which destroyed his tastebuds, saliva and mouth, he was unable to eat and he died of malnutrition, plus my father's doctor committed suicide a few years later, (I guess my father's doctor had a chemical imbalance too), but whatever...

If my chemical imbalance is causing problems with my neighbors across the street, then I guess my two neighbors kiddie corner to me, and the neighbors behind the druggy neighbors also have chemical imbalances, as they ALSO have problems with the druggy neighbors and their felon son burglarizing our homes, but whatever...

Your comment was kind of snarky, in my opinion, but what do I know? I have a chemical imbalance.
I knew what you meant, by saying that the doctors killed your family. Not in cold blood, but by giving them "treatments" that are worse than the disease -- happens all the time. I, like you, do not trust doctors and I am very careful about taking advice from the medical industry. Sure, I will take an anti-biotic to treat an infection, but there are plenty of people who will do whatever a doctor recommends without question, not realizing it is a money-making industry, not a healing industry. You don't seem crazy at all to me.

Of course God speaks to us - how else could we walk with him. But also, there are times when we question, was that God, or just my own mind speaking thoughts. You already admitted it was YOUR desire for your neigbors to move, but didn't know if God would give you your desire. As for Satan talking to you, that is almost always a person speaking condemnation over you or others.

Old 02-24-2018, 05:46 PM

553 posts, read 173,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Whether Evangelical, Catholic or Protestant, each and every one remains Catholic whether protestant Catholic or Evangelic, it is the same Catholic Religion that outlawed the ways of God and instituted their own worship system with their own laws contrary to the commandments of God, and anyone who follows what is wholly Catholic by law and by their own invented worship system, IS CATHOLIC, be it a Baptist, Evangelical, or whatever, you follow Catholic law instituted by the Pope who claims all the authority in the world to alter, omit or change any of the word of God they see fit, you are a Catholic.

No matter what denomination you claim to be, all of you have the same past of torturing and killing anyone who was brave enough to keep the commandments of God. You list two people, and I will least a thousand people who are all of the same religion, and who are responsible for genocide and crimes against Humanity given the past 2000 years of Christianity forcing their religion across the globe.

The Jews stand alone, and everyone else has a 2000 year old history of committing the most heinous crimes at all that are against the chosen people who follow God, and so I am with you, Bundy and McVey are just as guilty as all the church fathers, but it isn't Evangelical, it is Christianity itself, why just single out one denomination when all of them are guilty for persecuting the people of God who love the ways of Messiah, his law and his worship system of 7 feasts. Christianity as a whole is convicted of much more terrible men than Bundy or McVey, but yeah, those are ongoing examples of Christians.
Quote:
claims all the authority in the world to alter, omit or change any of the word of God they see fit

Happened before any pope: Council of Jerusalem. Council of Jerusalem, a conference of the Christian Apostles in Jerusalem in about 50 AD that decreed that Gentile Christians did not have to observe the Mosaic Law of the Jews. Acts 15. Paul was present, too.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:53 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
Happened before any pope: Council of Jerusalem. Council of Jerusalem, a conference of the Christian Apostles in Jerusalem in about 50 AD that decreed that Gentile Christians did not have to observe the Mosaic Law of the Jews. Acts 15. Paul was present, too.
Hmmm.....So, someone wrote...

Old 02-25-2018, 09:38 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,050,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebola View Post
I am finding it really hard to discern if it is God talking to me, or if I am hearing from Satan, or maybe it is just my crazy mind making things up. Even Jesus commented on the problem of human discernment between "good and evil":
Book of Matthew
(about the signs of the end of times)
24:4-6
Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

24:23-24
At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

7:15-16
“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
Even Jesus was tempted by Satan:
Book of Matthew
4:1
Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

4:10-11
Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only. Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.
How is one to know if it one is truly hearing from God or Satan, or just your own muddled mind? Sometimes a voice comes into my head out of the blue, at the strangest times when I am not thinking about anything in particular. This voice will say a few words, and that is that. I always "assumed" it was God talking to me, but lately I have cause to doubt...

Anyway, to make a long boring story, a really long boring story:

For the past 9 years I have been praying to God to bring peace to my neighborhood. My neighbor's son across the street is a felon and he terrorized the neighborhood with his home burglaries, car breakins; and drug dealing up until 3 years ago when he was finally sent to prison for 4 years. I suppose I should be grateful that God has given this neighborhood some peace for the past 3 years (his parents are still drug addicts), God has answered my prayer.

However, being the faithless human that I am, after the felon son went to prison 3 years ago, I still prayed to God to have the drug addict neighbors across the street move before their "sonny boy" gets out of prison, as once he gets out of prison the "peace" in the neighborhood will be gone. I guess I want permanent peace (not that *that* is ever a guarantee), if the neighbors are gone and if someone nice moves in, sonny boy can't terrorize the neighborhood anymore.

Well, 3 years on, the druggy neighbors are still living across the street from me. Felon sonny boy will be out of prison and back living across the street in less than a year. God's answer to my prayer for peace, has been only temporary. Frustrating.

Last October I have been praying harder to God for the neighbors to move (not that praying harder will make a difference with regard to God's answer). I woke up one morning, pushed the covers off to get up, and a voice out of the blue came into my head and said:

"They are done."

What? Where the hell did that voice come from? Who are "they?" What are they "done" with? And why should I care?

I sat in bed for a while trying to figure out where that voice came from, then a thought came into my head and said "go to the county real property office and look up the records on the neighbors across the street."

Okey dokey. *That* is not going to happen.

Later that morning I went outside in the front yard to do some pruning. A car drove up to the druggy neighbor's house, and a man got out and started to take photos of the house. The druggy neighbor was in his garage working on his motorcycles with the garage door open. He comes out and stares at the man taking photos. The man says "I am taking pictures for the mortgage company to verify someone is living here." The druggy neighbor just stood and stared. The man then asked for the druggy neighbor's name so he could list it on the form. The druggy neighbor mumbled his name under his breath and walked back into the garage and closed the door.

Huh. A mortgage company would only take photos of a house if the homeowner is behind on their mortgage and close to foreclosure. At least that is what I took from the scene.

Perhaps the voice that said "they are done" was from God telling me the druggy neighbors will be moving and there will be permanent peace in the neighborhood (at least from the druggy neighbors and felon sonny boy).

Fast forward a week later, me and my sis decide to go to the county real property office and look up the records on the neighbors across the street, just for the hell of it. Lo and behold, they have property and tax judgments up the [you know what], and come to find out, they were in preforeclosure 3 years ago when sonny boy went to prison. "God" or the bank granted them a loan modification in 2015 (even though they have no income other than disability, no equity in the home, liens, and they have a past bankruptcy). Basically they have a habit of not paying their bills and they have been getting away with it for decades.

OK. I start getting hopeful that the druggy neighbors are being foreclosed on and they will be moving before sonny boy gets out of prison in early January 2019.

A month later, in early November 2017 my sister sees a process server go to the druggy neighbors house.

Foreclosure papers? God, we hope so.

November, December, January goes by. The druggy neighbors are still there. I get upset with God, because I thought I heard his words to me "they are done" meaning the neighbors were done, they were moving. Guess I was wrong.

A week ago, middle February, the druggy neighbors borrow a trailer and load their two motorcycles in the middle of a snowstorm. The trailer with the motorcycles (and a whole bunch of other cartons and bins) drive away. I have hope, they are finally moving!!!

Two days later, the trailer, motorcycles, and bins come back. My hope is crushed. I yell at God for "jerking" me around with regard to the neighbors really being "done."

A week later, I am sleeping at my mom's house. It is 10pm, I went to bed at 9pm, but I had just woken up to turn over. I looked at the dresser and window and I heard a clear voice in my head say: "They are moving, but not in the way you think they are." As I continued to stare at the dresser and window, I saw a dark shadow in the room and I felt the dreaded pressure and paralysis on my back. As I stared at the dresser and window (I swear my eyes were open the entire time and I was not dreaming), I said over and over in my head "Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me."

I heard a "pop" and the dark cloud and pressure lifted. I could then move.

What the hell was that?

Was it God, Satan or me?

I am tired of trying to discern if God is speaking to me, if I think it is God speaking to me I get hopeful and then my hopes are always dashed when nothing happens (or the opposite happens) with regard to my prayers for peace in the neighborhood. Maybe it is Satan speaking to me, getting my hopes up to squash them and to make me hate God even more. Or maybe I am crazy and the talking in my head is only my own thoughts.

Will my druggy neighbors ever move?

Right now I have my doubts and I am learning not to listen to voices in my head. Whatever happens, happens. However, with my track record and my past, whatever happens won't be good. And *that* is depressing.

I think you heard G-d, personally. Sounds just like Him. The second voice is nearly always Satan and he comes to steal the Word/breath that was spoken to you the first time. You MUST get the Word in you so that you have something to compare His breath (Spirit breathed words) with. Then you won't have to ask whose voice it is you're hearing. Blessings and peace to you....

Old 02-25-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
Acts 21 shows Paul practicing Judaism under the authority of the priests in Jerusalem and Jesus told us flat out that those priests WERE our authority and they sit in the seat of Moses. LIARS had been lying about Paul saying that Paul was teaching Jews not to keep the laws of Moses, and so Paul sacrificed to prove those liars to be liars and that Paul never left Judaism. MYRIADS of Jewish believers were also there and we are flat out told that they became even more zealous to keep the law, and to continue in Judaism under the authority of the priests of Judaism.

Liars were paid to tell lies against Stephen saying that Stephen was teaching Jews not to keep the laws of Moses.

Who cares what you Gentiles do, you can stand in the court of Gentiles and EVEN speak against the laws of Moses and still be saved, but Jesus DID say that you would be the least in the kingdom of heaven and that is in fact, the outer court of Gentiles.

Thousands and thousands of Jewish believers standing with Paul where they were informed of the liars and people telling rumors against Paul and they were about to kill Paul.

What was the council about, why were so many thousands of Jewish believers there, and why were they all so much more zealous to keep the laws of Moses than before their belief?

You are talking about all the fathers of Christianity who were those Jewish believers in Christ who all became even more zealous to walk in Judaism than before when they didn't believe.

That council was formed to judge whether Gentiles should keep all the laws as the Jewish believers DID. The Jewish believer were set on fire to walk in God's commandments like never before, and here are you Gentiles who don't want anything to do with Judaism, YOU ARE IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT RELIGION THAT JESUS, THE DISCIPLES, PAUL AND ALL OF THOSE THOUSANDS OF JEWISH BELIEVERS WHO BECAME EVEN MORE ZEALOUS TO WALK PERFECTLY IN JUDAISM. All Gentiles do today is to prove they aren't in the same religion as Paul, but they go much further than this, they prove Jesus couldn't have been the Messiah, and they convict Paul in crimes that would be worthy of death. Paul's life was on the line several times from people telling false rumors and lies that they spoke against keeping the laws of Moses.

Have you separated yourself from Israel, the covenant is only for Ephraim and Judah, and you don't appear to be with Paul in the least, Paul was in Judaism.

CLEARLY, you are not in the same religion as Paul was in.

Paul never stopped being a Pharisee, and Paul never stopped walking in the law, and even though those people gave you an easy path, you would turn against the religion that they actually practiced, ''Judaism.''

Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years, and then the Gentiles converted to the pagan religions of Rome and this isn't an opinion, when you keep the entire worship system of Babylon, your hands PROVE who you worship, and when you fight against the ways of God, his Sabbaths, and his feasts, it become very obvious what religion you are in, and what religion you aren't in.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:31 PM

Here is Acts 21 Again, if ANYONE is brave enough to actually acknowledge what they read above their bias or anti-Semitism, or their bias against the commandments of God.

For all to see the real Paul.

Paul's Arrival at Jerusalem
17And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. 18And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. 19And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. 20And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: 21And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. 22What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come. 23Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. 25As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. 26Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Paul Seized in the Temple
27And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him, 28Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place

If you read Acts 21 and you still think Paul left Judaism, you should read it again. Christianity was a sect of Judaism, Paul NEVER stopped walking in the law, AS IT IS WRITTEN.

If you have to lie and rationalize this scripture or act like it doesn't exist, you should be true to yourself. Who cares if it isn't in line with what you have been taught all your life, ACKNOWLEDGE TRUTH and move from there, or you will be stuck in a trap for the rest of your life not being able to progress.

Trying to Paint Jesus, his disciples, and Paul as lawless pagans is to bear false witness against them all, and they are still alive.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:46 PM

553 posts, read 173,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Here is Acts 21 Again, if ANYONE is brave enough to actually acknowledge what they read above their bias or anti-Semitism, or their bias against the commandments of God.

For all to see the real Paul.

Paul's Arrival at Jerusalem
17And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. 18And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. 19And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. 20And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: 21And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. 22What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come. 23Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. 25As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. 26Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Paul Seized in the Temple
27And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him, 28Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place

If you read Acts 21 and you still think Paul left Judaism, you should read it again. Christianity was a sect of Judaism, Paul NEVER stopped walking in the law, AS IT IS WRITTEN.

If you have to lie and rationalize this scripture or act like it doesn't exist, you should be true to yourself. Who cares if it isn't in line with what you have been taught all your life, ACKNOWLEDGE TRUTH and move from there, or you will be stuck in a trap for the rest of your life not being able to progress.

Trying to Paint Jesus, his disciples, and Paul as lawless pagans is to bear false witness against them all, and they are still alive.
Just as Paul exercised his Roman citizenship to get himself out of one scrape, Paul himself said he became like a Jew when he appealed to the Jews. Everything you highlighted above was said OF Paul. Here's what Paul himself said:

To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. (1 Corinthians 9:20) NIV

If he were still a Jew, not a Christian, he wouldn't have said that. The Council of Jerusalem is scripture. Council of Jerusalem, a conference of the Christian Apostles in Jerusalem in about 50 AD that decreed that Gentile Christians did not have to observe the Mosaic Law of the Jews. 15th Chapter of Acts.
Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity