Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 01:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny4YourThoughts View Post
I never quoted John 3:16 but when we do discuss scripture, please include the verses you are referring to. Like a Berean we need to be of noble character and examine the scriptures together to derive the truth. Otherwise babbling and hypothesizing about our interpretations is a waste of time. I am sure you understand.Acts 17:11.

Christians will be posting scripture as they discuss scripture and where their God is found, in scirpture. It will be so nice not to have to go to the scriptures at some point. When we can get his word directly from his mouth! Just like the Apostles did.
Must be 2 of you on here then.

Quote:
John 3:10 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.

So what we have here is THE REASON Jesus came into the world is to save the world.
Who is the world?
The next sentence explains who "the world" is....it is those who believe in him thus are not condemned

The opposite of those "who believe in him"
continues to start calling out people who live in darkness
despite the fact the light has come into the world.
Their identified by their evil deeds
"Their deeds are evil"

DEEDS. Deeds will be exposed
A feeling is not a "DEED"
I can want to commit adultery, but choose not to. Want to murder, choose not to. Want to get drunk, choose not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 02:01 PM

140 posts, read 71,907 times
For Christians, until Christ is risen, the scriptures is his mode of communication with us.

Refuse to communicate with your Lord and you are rejecting him. Period. The scriptures is how we know him

He is not here on earth to communicate with you via audio

Old 03-14-2018, 02:05 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What is so unclear about this: "Whoever believes in him is not condemned, whoever does not believe is condemned already".

Jesus said you must be born again. Why pick and choose one particular sin? Even a murderer can be forgiven, and be born again. They are forgiven and repent their sins, and will correct their lives. The old man is dead, and the new man has arrived. The Bible also says "by their fruits you shall know them", so if a murderer says he was born again, and yet continues to murder, then he/she might not be honest with you.

Let that sink in.

You got issues.......that's all I can say. Your never ending name calling and accusations say far more about you than those you aim to tarnish. You are projecting the image of your own soul on the wall.
Both of us have sins virtually every day of our lives, maybe not the "big" ones as fundamentalists usually justify their actions with, but still sin. Isn't ANY sin a disappointment to God?

Can a transgender person be saved? Can an ACTIVELY gay person be saved?

What name were you referring to in my post that you quoted? I called you no names. I stated that your ANSWER was devious. You find persecution where there is none. What does that say about your heart?

Will you be able to answer the questions above honestly or give us another devious answer?

Old 03-14-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Must be 2 of you on here then.
Sorry but I didn't quote John 3:16. It is a different verse, as you can see. Not sure of your confusion here??

Here it is again-John 3:18-20

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.

The light that has come into the world here is Jesus. But because people loved Darkenss (satan and his labels, his ways) instead of Jesus, their deeds were evil. Their deeds were of their Father not Jesus. Some even poo poo his communcation attempts to have a relationship with them. Declare his name while rejecting him.
They belittle his avenues to communicate the truth....while adopting worldly labels for themselves not ordained for Christians

Last edited by Penny4YourThoughts; 03-14-2018 at 02:14 PM..

Old 03-14-2018, 02:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
If you don't believe it is the authority then you don't believe in Christ because that is where he is found. That is how we know him.

So it is an oxymoron to pretend you know or believe in Christ then pretend it wasn't the bible where you learned his name.

If you want to cease going any further with our Creator than just knowing his name, then that is your choice. If all you've heard is his name

but refuse to learn about him, how to establish a relationship with him, how to live per his commandments, then you will suffer the consequences. I cannot make that decision for you
I would if it says it, it doesn't so i will continue to believe what it does say, which is Christ is our authority, he not the bible is the head of the church, we look to him, in spite of how wonderful the scriptures are, he is greater and far more wonderful. I have given you the scriptures that tell us he is our wisdom, is there anything greater that can be taught than the wisdom of God?, i'm trying to help you here.

Whether i believed because of the bible or not is a mute point, it does not say you have to believe the bible to be a christian, it does not say the bible is our authority, it is you not the bible saying these things. You are saying it because that is what you have been taught, rather than doing what the Bereans did and searched the scriptures to see if what you were told is in the scriptures.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Both of us have sins virtually every day of our lives, maybe not the "big" ones as fundamentalists usually justify their actions with, but still sin. Isn't ANY sin a disappointment to God?

What name were you referring to in my post that you quoted? I called you no names. I stated that your ANSWER was devious. You find persecution where there is none. What does that say about your heart?

Will you be able to answer the questions above honestly or give us another devious answer?
Sinners can be saved. They are the only ones who can. But after salvation, they adopt the identity of a Saint being conformed to Christs image. They do not idenfity themslves by the world and their labels for sin or dysfunction.

They identify themselves as part of the body of Christ. Seeking out the truth of scripture, seeking out of their Lords communication to them. It's a hunger I've seen time and time before. Starting out with the milk of the word (like newborn babies since they are born again Christians) to eventually being able to consume/comprehend solid food.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I would if it says it, it doesn't so i will continue to believe what it does say, which is Christ is our authority, he not the bible is the head of the church, we look to him, in spite of how wonderful the scriptures are, he is greater and far more wonderful. I have given you the scriptures that tell us he is our wisdom, is there anything greater that can be taught than the wisdom of God?, i'm trying to help you here.

Whether i believed because of the bible or not is a mute point, it does not say you have to believe the bible to be a christian, it does not say the bible is our authority, it is you not the bible saying these things. You are saying it because that is what you have been taught, rather than doing what the Bereans did and searched the scriptures to see if what you were told is in the scriptures.
If you believe in Christ it is because you believe what the bible says, that his name is Christ.He is our Savior. Try believing the rest.

The rest is required for salvation. Don't keep poo pooing the rest, Keep going. Even the Pharasees knew portions of "the rest"

Even Satan knows his name- Christ. Time to get beyond his name and establish a relationship with him via the scriptures, his word.

Don't trust my word, POST scripture here for us to have the truth of our Creator.

Also I do not see any scripture here, just human philosophies. This is a Christian forum based on CHRST which is FOUND in the SCRIPTURES. It is HOW you even know his name! Keep going, learn more than just his name!! I am rooting for you!!

Old 03-14-2018, 02:21 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:

You guys are tripping all over the Bible... clear me up on something...

Are you really using the Bible to indicate that the Bible is not authoritative?

Old 03-14-2018, 02:26 PM

This is pretty funny

It's like if I go in the Islam forum and ask can a Muslim be saved who rejects the Koran?

Except is by the Koran the Muslim even knows their Gods name right??

LOL!!

Not sure who started this oxymoron of a thread but how someone can even think this way shows a real lack of common sense.

It's like asking....Can I be a vegetarian while avoiding consuming meat??

Last edited by Penny4YourThoughts; 03-14-2018 at 02:34 PM..

Old 03-14-2018, 02:32 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

I gave you a honest, direct and clear answer, and you came right back with same usual bull crap.

The more you work trying to prove there is something wrong in other peoples hearts, and in their relationship with Christ etc, the more you demonstrate the issues with your own heart, and your belief system. Keep it up.

Quote:
Every single person who was ever saved was actively sinning. I am not aware of any Bible verses regarding transgender people, so why are you even asking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity