Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2021, 08:57 AM

2,212 posts, read 543,406 times

Advertisements

John 6: 5,7 - "When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat? Philip answered Him, Two hundered pennyworth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may take a little."
Affirmation:

WHEN I GET OUTSIDE OF MYSELF AND BEGIN TO THINK INSIDE THE WORD OF GOD, I GET OUTSIDE OF MY LIMITATIONS AND INTO THE LIMITLESS POWER OF ALMIGHTY GOD!

Old 09-04-2021, 08:59 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,013,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
I came across this beautiful quote by Charles Spurgeon:

“If you know these two things: Yourself a sinner, and Christ a Savior, you are scholar enough to go to heaven” – Charles Spurgeon

Such a simple line, and yet such a profound and eternal truth.

Please do share your favorite Christian quotes
I'm currently studying through Jude.

" 6 And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day— 7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire."

Old 09-04-2021, 09:02 AM

Matthew 16:13,17,18 - "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" 'Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock, I will build My church, and the gates of hell shall not overpower it."'

The Lord was not saying that He was going to build His church upon Peter.

Jesus alone is the foundation of the church, and the rock that we must fasten our foundation to is the revelation from the Father of who Jesus is.

It is not enough for us to just believe in who our parents say Jesus is, or even who our pastor says he is.

We will not get to heaven because we are close to someone who is born again, or is growing in Him -- we must be born again, and grow up into Him.

Affirmations

I MUST DIG MY OWN WELL.

I MUST GO DEEPER.

I MUST HAVE MY OWN REVELATION FROM THE FATHER OF WHO JESUS IS.

Old 09-04-2021, 09:08 AM

Questions to Ask Myself:

WHAT IS GOD’S PURPOSE FOR MY LIFE TO WHICH I AM CALLED?

DO I BELIEVE MY ONLY DESTINY IS TO BE RECEIVED WHEN I DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN?

AM I PRESSING INTO THE THING THAT GOD HAS CALLED ME TO DO HERE AND NOW?

WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES IN MY LIFE ARE KEEPING ME FROM GIVING MY ALL FOR CHRIST?

Old 09-04-2021, 09:19 AM

Philippians 3:7-9 - "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake fo Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him."

Observation

AT SOME POINT I HAVE TO CEASE BEING A SPIRITUAL ENCYCLOPEDIA (THAT IS, COLLECTING MORE FACTS, OPINIONS, ILLUSTRATIONS AND INTERPRETATIONS, AND THEN PRESENTING THEM AS MY FAITH).

I MAKE A QUALITY DECISION TODAY TO TURN MYSELF OVER TO GOD, SUBMIT TO HIS TRAINING AND BREAKING, SO THAT HE CAN DISCARD ALL THAT HINDERS ME FROM SEEING CHRIST AS HE IS ......IN GOD'S EYES. MY ONLY HOPE FOR SALVATION FROM LESSER THINGS IS CHRIST ......A GREATER CHRIST THAN THE ONE I HAVE BEEN CONTENT WITH UNTIL NOW.

Hebrews 1:2,3 - " Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds. Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high."

Old 09-04-2021, 09:23 AM

Psalm 115:8 - "Those who make them (idols) will become like them, everyone who trusts in them."

THE ONLY REASON WE TOLERATE DEAD IDOLS IS BECAUSE, WHILE THEY CANNOT HELP US, NEITHER CAN THEY HARM US NOR CONVICT US OF SIN.

THE CONSEQUENCE OF HARBORING IDOLS IS THAT WE BECOME LIKE THEM.

SIN CAN BECOME AN IDOL - A FALSE GOD THAT DEMANDS OUR OBEDIENCE. SIDE BY SIDE WITH SIN IS THE IDOL OF FALSE KNOWLEDGE.

Old 09-04-2021, 09:30 AM

"I was asleep but my heart was awake, A voice! My beloved was knocking" - Song of Solomon 5:2

1. The best way to prepare for His revelation is to: immerse yourself in Scriptures concerning the topic at hand and to read books by others who have pursued the topic.

2. Use journaling to ask God to show you the insights you need to master the experience.

3. Go to sleep pondering the things you are learning, and as you lie in bed, you ask the Holy Spirit to grant you insight and revelation as you sleep.

4. We know from scritpure that our spirit stays awake all night and works on whatever we ask it to (Song of Solomon 5:2).

5. When you awake in the morning -- the heart downloads the revelation it received during the night. When the flow is done, the devotional time is over.

6. Repeat the same steps each day until full revelation, mastery, and true knowledge on the topic are yours.

7. Follow the Spirit's flow wherever it takes you.

8. Expect to experience knowledge, wisdom and insight beyond your natural abilities, for God is revealing the secrets of the universe to your heart.

"I will stand on my guard post and station myself on the rampart; and I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me, and how I may reply when I am reproved. Then the Lord answered me and said, 'record the vision and inscribe it on tablets, that the one who reads it may run. For the vision is yet for the appointed time.'" - Habakkuk 2:1-3

Old 09-04-2021, 09:40 AM

Strength and might are released deep into the hearts of God's people such that people have the strength to cast off their burdens and supernaturally believe the impossible to be possible. The strength of the Lord establishes us in "we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us" (Philippians 4:13)

Strength and might -- strength and might comes when we usher in His presence, when the mighty ones "give unto the Lord the glory due to His name" when we "worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness" (Psalm 29:1,2)

Questions to Ask Myself:
ARE THERE CROOKED PLACES IN MY LIFE THAT NEED TO BE MADE STRAIGHT? (THE ANOINTING STRAIGHTENS MY PATH).

ARE THERE SEEMINGLY INSURMOUNTABLE OBSTACLES THAT PREVENT ME FROM ACCOMPLISHING THAT WHICH GOD AS SET OUT FO ME TO DO? (GOD WILL SMASH THROUGH AND BREAK INTO PIECES THE GATES OF BRONZE!)

AM I IMPRISONED BY INESCAPABLE BARS OF IRON? (GOD WILL CUT THEM!)

DO I WANT TREASURES AND THE HIDDEN RICHES OF SECRET PLACES? (HE WILL GIVE THEM TO ME (ISAIAH 45:1-3)

Old 09-04-2021, 09:45 AM

Some people that attend church are looking for "Christian Counseling" but what would be more beneficial in most circumstances would be "Discipleship Equipping." That would involve focusing on their spiritual condition rather than their personal problems.

Areas that involve discipling are:

1. Understanding their inheritance in Christ and who they are in Christ.
2. Understand their "Right Standing With God."
3. Understanding of how to "Walk in the Spirit.

Having been discipled in these areas they are now ready to go and disciple and equip others for discipleship.

Matthew 28:19 - "Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

Jesus said, "Your attitude must be like my own, for I the Messiah, did not come to be served, but to serve and to give my life."

Romans 2:8 - "God will pour out His anger and wrath on those who live for themselves."

Old 09-06-2021, 02:59 PM

Maybe you are feeling overwhelmed by your current circumstances. Maybe it seems as though everywhere you turn, you are being hit on every side and you have an overwhelming urge to give in and to just give up.

Do not be disheartened! As you walk into your NOW season there is no more waste. Your God is going to restore those days, months and years that you thought were wasted. He is a redeemer of time. Your times are in His hands.

Expect a downpour of God's blessings in your life. He will show you the open heaven that has been available to you. You will no longer live in the drought that has plagued your life. In one moment's time, God will change everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity