Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 11:37 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Pat attention what I'm actually saying. Stop the judging and you might realize that isn't what I'm saying.

We've been paying attention since you got here. It did not take long to peg you for what you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 11:41 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,439,701 times
Quote:
You need to get past my name and actually look at what I'm saying. Get past the stereotype.

God does love you, and he is calling you to him.
I believe what you are preaching to her is that if she doesn't believe as you do about Jesus being a sacrifice for her sins, then God, in spite of loving her, will condemn her to an eternity of torment. Am I wrong?

Old 07-10-2018, 11:42 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,092,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I believe what you are preaching to her is that if she doesn't believe as you do about Jesus being a sacrifice for her sins, then God, in spite of loving her, will condemn her to an eternity of torment. Am I wrong?
And in the same vein, you are preaching that we are all wrong unless we don't believe exactly as you do.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:42 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,815 times
Quote:
You need to get past my name and actually look at what I'm saying. Get past the stereotype.

God does love you, and he is calling you to him.

I know you. Have you ever heard of doxing? I know God loves me. We are old friends.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I know you. Have you ever heard of doxing? I know God loves me. We are old friends.
What is "doxing"? And I'm sorry, but based off of things you've said, you seem as if you aren't real fond of God.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
And in the same vein, you are preaching that we are all wrong unless we don't believe exactly as you do.

Of course I'm not. Here's what I'm saying to you: telling others that the God who loves us condemns us and will damn us to an eternity of torment for not believing that Jesus was a sacrifice to appease God's wrath is nonsensical. I'm also telling you that those of us who used to believe what you do and came out from under it, realize that it was that very belief you are preaching that left us in darkness.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:59 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
Of course I'm not. Here's what I'm saying to you: telling others that the God who loves us condemns us and will damn us to an eternity of torment for not believing that Jesus was a sacrifice to appease God's wrath is nonsensical. I'm also telling you that those of us who used to believe what you do and came out from under it, realize that it was that very belief you are preaching that left us in darkness.
Many will remain in this darkness, until the day of judgment.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
If that's what you get from what I have to say, you're missing half of what I'm saying. And it's a crying shame.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Many will remain in this darkness, until the day of judgment.
My day of judgment was a day where love overwhelmed me and the light broke through. It was not something to fear, though I didn't know it until that very moment.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
If that's what you get from what I have to say, you're missing half of what I'm saying. And it's a crying shame.
No, the other half of what you're saying is that God loves all of us. I agree with that. But that half doesn't fit the other half of what you're saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity