Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 12:10 PM

23,177 posts, read 10,468,780 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Meh, I don't figure Plerro to be somebody that misses anything. You study the Temple and it's outer court, and you will find hell, only it shows that even when a person's work is destroyed by fire, and they themselves cast into a lake of fire, are still saved. But only as one who goes through a fire, and although they are in the outer court, they are still saved, and still made better than any human on Earth. Heaven is about different levels of resurrection, a state of being. When we look at the Temple in Revelation, it is showing a transformed body which is the highest level of Resurrection, and the people outside the city in the court had not achieved this, but those murderers and immoral people outside the city are still there, they are still saved, and what they had been transformed into is still better than any man who ever lived. Weeping and gnashing of teeth is not done out of torment, it is done because a person didn't obtain a higher resurrection than he could have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 12:25 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah, Meh, I don't figure Plerro to be somebody that misses anything. You study the Temple and it's outer court, and you will find hell, only it shows that even when a person's work is destroyed by fire, and they themselves cast into a lake of fire, are still saved. But only as one who goes through a fire, and although they are in the outer court, they are still saved, and still made better than any human on Earth. Heaven is about different levels of resurrection, a state of being. When we look at the Temple in Revelation, it is showing a transformed body which is the highest level of Resurrection, and the people outside the city in the court had not achieved this, but those murderers and immoral people outside the city are still there, they are still saved, and what they had been transformed into is still better than any man who ever lived. Weeping and gnashing of teeth is not done out of torment, it is done because a person didn't obtain a higher resurrection than he could have.
And I believe that abiding in God/love/light is what transforms our state of mind/being.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And I believe that abiding in God/love/light is what transforms our state of mind/being.
I seen you on Miss Hepburn's thread talking about a movie, I watched a movie yesterday that reminded me of you, and how come Christians are really sweet innocent people, even if I do sound like I speak ill of them, I have all the faith in the world in them. It was a show with Barry Corbin but I can't find the title. He was a spiritual man who kept getting dreams from God, and I believe in God speaking to people in dreams, but he speaks to Moses in person, either way, it reminded me of you, and you are always in my mind making me think Better of Christians, it's like some freak show going on where I always say,'' Now what would Plerro think?''

Old 07-10-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I seen you on Miss Hepburn's thread talking about a movie, I watched a movie yesterday that reminded me of you, and how come Christians are really sweet innocent people, even if I do sound like I speak ill of them, I have all the faith in the world in them. It was a show with Barry Corbin but I can't find the title. He was a spiritual man who kept getting dreams from God, and I believe in God speaking to people in dreams, but he speaks to Moses in person, either way, it reminded me of you, and you are always in my mind making me think Better of Christians, it's like some freak show going on where I always say,'' Now what would Plerro think?''

Pleroo thinks that Hanni is a good guy, and that God and I are especially fond of him.

(I'm not a Christian but it's just a label so I don't mind you thinking of me that way. However, I think you'd find a lot of Christians on this board would find it offensive to be lumped in with me.)

Old 07-10-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:

Pleroo thinks that Hanni is a good guy, and that God and I are especially fond of him.

(I'm not a Christian but it's just a label so I don't mind you thinking of me that way. However, I think you'd find a lot of Christians on this board would find it offensive to be lumped in with me.)
O no, I think you are a Christian who gets all that sweetness from having studied the bible, only if a little, and I believe the idea of salvation and haeven start there, but you well know what the deal is, I have seen you prove the deal time and time again saying,'' Now what were the fruits of the spirit again?''

You know what I mean.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:02 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
I feel a group hug coming on.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I feel a group hug coming on.
Want in on it, BFun?

Old 07-10-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I seen you on Miss Hepburn's thread talking about a movie...
By the way, it's a book. Do you like audio books? Might not be your speed, but you can listen for free:

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (Free Audio Book) | Audiobook Treasury

Old 07-10-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
By the way, it's a book. Do you like audio books? Might not be your speed, but you can listen for free:

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (Free Audio Book) | Audiobook Treasury
Yeah, one of my favorite movies anyway. I like books much more, I used to finish a book every day.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:21 PM

The book cold mountain was so much better than the movie, The life of Pi was better in the book, but I had to say, it was extremely close to everything I saw in my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity