Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 08:33 AM

4,442 posts, read 4,874,222 times

Advertisements

Jesus said to love our enemies not to bomb them but most Christians here in the U.S. do not follow the non-violent Jesus's simple straight forward command instead they support and take part in war and the murder of millions including innocent men, women, children and babies, when will they ever learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 08:43 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Oh King of kings the All Mighty.
Love your enemies.
Do not render evil for evil.

Bless those who curse you

Perhaps if a person where to consider the nation of people listening to the Lord teach. Then the larger aspect of History would be a given.

From there David went up and lived in the strongholds of ‘Ein-Gedi. 2 (1) When Sha’ul returned from pursuing the P’lishtim, he was told that David was in the desert at ‘Ein-Gedi. 3 (2) Sha’ul took three thousand men chosen from all Isra’el and went searching for David and his men on the cliffs where the mountain goats are. 4 (3) Near some sheep pens along the way was a cave, and Sha’ul went inside to relieve himself. It happened that David and his men were sitting in the recesses at the back of the cave; 5 (4) and David’s men said to him, “Look! The day has come that Adonai told you about when he said to you, ‘I will turn your enemy over to you, and you will do to him whatever seems good to you.’” Then David stole over unobserved and cut off the corner of Sha’ul’s cloak. 6 (5) But after doing this, David felt remorse over cutting Sha’ul’s garment. 7 (6) He said to his men, “Adonai forbid that I should do such a thing to my lord, Adonai’s anointed, as raise my hand against him! After all, he is Adonai’s anointed.” 8 (7) By saying this, David stopped his men and would not let them do anything to Sha’ul. Sha’ul got up, left the cave and went on his way.

9 (8) Then David too got up and went outside the cave, where he called after Sha’ul, “My lord the king!” When Sha’ul looked behind him, David bowed with his face to the ground and prostrated himself. 10 (9) David said to Sha’ul, “Why do you listen to people who say, ‘David is out to harm you?’ 11 (10) Here, today you have seen with your own eyes that Adonai put you in my power there in the cave. Some of my men said I should kill you, but I spared you;
I said,
‘I won’t raise my hand against my lord, because he is Adonai’s anointed.’ 12 (11) Moreover, my father, look! Here in my hand you see the corner of your cloak. By the fact that I only cut off a piece of your cloak and didn’t kill you, you can see and understand that I have no plan to do harm or rebel, and that I haven’t sinned against you — even though you are seeking every chance you get to take my life. 13 (12) May Adonai judge between you and me, and may Adonai avenge me on you! But I will not lay a hand on you — 14 (13) as the old saying has it, ‘Out of the wicked comes wickedness, but I will not lay a hand on you.’
15 (14) The king of Isra’el has come on a campaign — after whom? Whom are you chasing? A dead dog! A single flea! 16 (15) Adonai be the judge; let him decide between you and me. May he take my side and rescue me from your power!”

Last edited by pinacled; 04-02-2018 at 09:00 AM..

Old 04-02-2018, 08:54 AM

Mahatma Gandhi said “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ". Gandhi as a non Christian(Hindu) seemed to have a deeper understanding of Christ then most Christians when it came to understanding the non violent Jesus.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:11 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,715,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Jesus said to love our enemies not to bomb them but most Christians here in the U.S. do not follow the non-violent Jesus's simple straight forward command instead they support and take part in war and the murder of millions including innocent men, women, children and babies, when will they ever learn.
I completely agree. America is in the business of killing because we are a military empire. Wars are planned way in advance and undertaken without provocation. War is a racket. A money making racket. It is very sad. But I am sad to say I think we are very close to the time to be repaid for all the bombs we have dropped on so many people.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:17 AM

1,382 posts, read 770,486 times
Quote:

Proverbs 25:21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; 22 For you will heap burning coals on his head, And the LORD will reward you.

The U.S. sends food to refugees, yet pours fire and brimstone upon the heads of the wicked.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:19 AM

10,505 posts, read 7,074,717 times
Yes, Christ advocated peace, but he was nobody's fool either. Witness this passage from Luke, 22:36-38. It takes place during the Last Supper when Christ is preparing His followers to spread the word:

He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.” The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.” “That’s enough!” he replied.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:26 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,368,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I completely agree. America is in the business of killing because we are a military empire. Wars are planned way in advance and undertaken without provocation. War is a racket. A money making racket. It is very sad. But I am sad to say I think we are very close to the time to be repaid for all the bombs we have dropped on so many people.
There is no escaping karma. I think we do ourselves in if we stay on our current path. There is no foreign power strong enough to take on the US military.We are a 800 lb gorilla in this world without a rival. A rare time in history say many historians. A country with 200 million plus guns and an appetite for violence cannot be a good thing say the grid goes down or gas becomes unavailable. God help us.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Yes, Christ advocated peace, but he was nobody's fool either. Witness this passage from Luke, 22:36-38. It takes place during the Last Supper when Christ is preparing His followers to spread the word:

He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.” The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.” “That’s enough!” he replied.
You are taking that out of context, Jesus was emphasizing how dangerous their mission was, to suggest that Jesus would sanction murder or any kind of violence is incomprehensible and would contradict everything he ever said and his non-violent way of life.
Jesus in his last public statement to his followers he told them to put down the sword, if there ever was a just moment for violence/war one would think it would be to protect Jesus from going to his death.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:27 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post

Proverbs 25:21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; 22 For you will heap burning coals on his head, And the LORD will reward you.

The U.S. sends food to refugees, yet pours fire and brimstone upon the heads of the wicked.
the U.S. military also has many service members in support roles providing food,water, and medical needs to many refugees.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Mahatma Gandhi said “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ". Gandhi as a non Christian(Hindu) seemed to have a deeper understanding of Christ then most Christians when it came to understanding the non violent Jesus.
So, the US foreign policy is Christians fault

Well, what else it new at the "Christianity" board....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity