Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2018, 12:01 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have no expectations regarding you. I write, so others can read.
So, you expect others to just accept your utterances then. I think you can do better than that. You want what you write to mean something to people.

In the end though, there will be some - a small proportion, who will just believe as they're told. Then there'll be those who can, and will seek to connect the principles of what you're illustrating with something deep within themselves, and will test for congruency. Then there'll be those who just flat out won't believe anything one says, even if you raised the dead.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:52 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
So, you expect others to just accept your utterances then. I think you can do better than that. You want what you write to mean something to people.
What is unclear to you?

Build on foundation of Christ, not on sand. Paul is not the only one talking about it, Jesus mentioned it too.

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

Many are hearing the words, and rejecting them. They will crash when the rains come.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:56 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Lumping Christian Universalists with all your favorite evil categories is just using guilt by association or smear and refusing to confront the actual errors and contradictions in your exclusivist version of Christianity.
Universalism is a man made religion worshipping false god(s). You should stop the silliness and turn to the true Lord

Old 04-21-2018, 01:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Be assured, it is not about universal salvation. You have even deceived.
Who said it was about christians who believe in eternal torment not losing their salvation because they had built their lives on hay and stubble?. That is obviously what you are inferring.

Although you deny it, you do not believe those who believe in universal reconcilation are christians, you are foolong no one. If i am wrong put the record straight and say one way or another.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
What is unclear to you?

Build on foundation of Christ, not on sand. Paul is not the only one talking about it, Jesus mentioned it too.

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

Many are hearing the words, and rejecting them.
So why is universal reconcilation believers not doing the above? What is unclear with your posts is you keep moving the goalposts. If universal reconciliation believers are building their lives on the sayings of Jesus, who are you to say they are deceived?.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
What is unclear to you?

Many are hearing the words, and rejecting them. They will crash when the rains come.
Love is the bedrock and cornerstone of life.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love is the bedrock and cornerstone of life.
It doesn't sound like bible speech so it can't be true.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:55 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Paul said it, but he was not talking about what Mystic thinks he was talking about. Paul was talking about Christians (those who build on foundation of Christ) who won't receive rewards for their worthless works, but are still saved through that faith. It says nothing about those who build on foundations other than Christ.
It’s not talking about individuals, it’s talking about “the church” which is “the body of Christ”

1Co 12:12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.
1Co 12:13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.
1Co 12:14 For the body does not consist of one member but of many.
1Co 12:15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body.
1Co 12:16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body.
1Co 12:17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell?
1Co 12:18 But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose.
1Co 12:19 If all were a single member, where would the body be?
1Co 12:20 As it is, there are many parts, yet one body.
1Co 12:21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.”
1Co 12:22 On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable,
1Co 12:23 and on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty,
1Co 12:24 which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it,
1Co 12:25 that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.
1Co 12:26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
1Co 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.

The point of “salvation” is not going to heaven, it is being a part of the kingdom of God ON EARTH while you live in your earthly body.

1Co 12:28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues.

1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?
1Co 12:30 Do all possess gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
1Co 12:31 But earnestly desire the higher gifts. And I will show you a still more excellent way.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:55 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Universalism is a man made religion worshipping false god(s). You should stop the silliness and turn to the true Lord
We would, if we felt your judgemental God of reward and punishment was the real one.

Would the real God please stand up, ...please stand up.

Old 04-21-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
That's the first time i have heard a bible fundy call Jesus Christ the Savior of the World a false god. Show me in your bible where it calls Jesus Christ a false god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity