Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 08:44 PM

15,898 posts, read 6,366,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
She made many things for him but not for his gay wedding. I don't think Jesus would have gone to a same sex wedding not like any was condoned during that time.
I grew up in a very strict sect so I can empathize with her dilemma and the baker and Kim Davis. People in the sect I was raised in have lost way more than jobs doing what they thought was right. If your beliefs are that important to you then it's on you to trust in God and do what you feel is right. It's showtime! This is the perfect arena to show the power of your God. Heck, people risk everything to do what's right even without thinking God will catch them.

I find this complaining to be so nauseating and it's not an indicator of someone who thinks the have the creator of the universe is behind them. Do you believe He will have your back or don't you? Do you think things are going according to plan or should you meddle just a wee bit? I really don't know why we have so many people who claim to power of Christ but then act like something bad will happen to them.

Romans 8

…30And those He predestined He also called, those He called He also justified, those He justified He also glorified. 31What then shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also, along with Him, freely give us all things?…

...but my mortgage, but my business, but but but....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 08:49 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,546,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is so unbelievably unloving and anti-Christ-like. shame on you, Janelle.
Do I detect sarcasm?

Old 05-01-2018, 08:52 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,609,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Actually Atheism coverall 4. It is atheist that wants a religous display next to Christians during Christmas. It is the atheist that demands to do an invocation. It is atheist that becoming part of the clergy at the Anglican church and a chaplain in the military. It is the atheist that has the outrageous belief that we elvolved from primates.

Yeah, good luck trying to convince anyone that you don’t have a belief.
Humans ARE primates.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:53 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Do I detect sarcasm?
No, you detect a simple reaction to prejudice displayed.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, you detect a simple reaction to prejudice displayed.
I would call it irony more than sarcasm. It wasn't Christlike the way he address her either.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:58 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I would call it irony more than sarcasm. It wasn't Christlike the way he address her either.
Yeah, he should have said something about the brood of vipers under whose influence she operates.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:03 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Actually the 4th most used definition, out of 4. From your Webster

Definition of religion

1 a : the state of a religious
  • a nun in her 20th year of religion
b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural
(2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance

2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : [SIZE=5]conscientiousness[/SIZE]

4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

How honest of you to skip over the first 3 most used ones to get to the least used one that suits you.

Yet it still fails pertaining to atheism because atheism isn't a system or set of beliefs, per your chosen definition, but a lack of belief in something.

Atheism is a religion in the same sense that clear is a color , or dry is a unit of wetness.

Can anyone explain what exactly theist hope to gain by defining a non belief in something as a religion or belief system? This is done a lo lately, almost as if instruction were given by religious leaders to confront atheists/agnostics in this fashion, but Ive never grasped what they hope to gain by this.
To visit orphans and widows is the clearest defintion of a Cp. Religion.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:05 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Personally I find the pursuit offensive, and counter to how a believer should be relating to loved ones.
I don't recall the Lord ever charging a person to label and analyze anyone..

This type of behavior is synomonous with people who lack compassion and have used indefference as a tool to manipulate public opinion.
Your thread is bein detailed because it lacks a conversation in Christ.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Yeah, he should have said something about the brood of vipers under whose influence she operates.
What does that accomplish?

Old 05-01-2018, 09:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,546,131 times
Quote:
Why do you say that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity