Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2018, 09:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Um, maybe the fact that SOME say the Bible teaches them to hate gay people just because they are gay? A number of your cohorts on here have made it plain that this is what they believe the Bible teaches. You know that, of course.
I did not know that, but I am sure you can fix that by quoting some people saying such things. Thank you in advance for providing such quotes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
And there we go again. The fundie salivating with excitement over the thought of someone else's damnation.

Disgusting.
IMO (and also in God's opinion) bearing false witness of more disgusting. It is one of the six things God hates.

"a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community."

Unfortunately you have made this false claim many, many times.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:48 AM

88,732 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
IMO (and also in God's opinion) bearing false witness of more disgusting. It is one of the six things God hates.

"a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community."

Unfortunately you have made this false claim many, many times.
Anyone can go back and look at the post I quoted and see it for yourself. And spare me your usual, "all is says is..." schtick.

I am not the one stirring up conflict. Those who claim that God does not like some people because they were born attracted to people of their own gender create the conflict. I am the one who attends a church where gay people are welcome as they are. They all have heart-wrenching stories of how they were treated by the likes of you and your close-minded, bible-clutching bffs on this forum, so don't even try.

Don't YOU tell me what God's opinion is. How arrogant can you get.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 04-28-2018 at 09:58 AM..

Old 04-28-2018, 09:53 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
And there we go again. The fundie salivating with excitement over the thought of someone else's damnation.

Disgusting.
Hope they are going to be ok when they witness every knee bowing and every tongue confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of All. Somehow i think they will be the ones thrown out the wedding feast where they think have tables reserved with their names on them, until they have learnt that the arm God was never to short to save those they in ignorance condemned to hell.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Anyone, including you, can go back and look at the post I quoted and see it for yourself.
No, you have not provided anything even close to proving your claims:

1. People "salivating with excitement over the thought of someone else's damnation"

2. People claim Bible teaches them to hate others.

Please provide quotes, or admit you are bearing false witness.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:57 AM

1,196 posts, read 756,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
[color="Navy"]

you can call me whatever you wish, it's not the first and it won't be the last. as long as satan's system stands. also i will respond, as always with scriptures. but it wouldn't be because a human believe it's him who can control what i can do. it'll be because Jehovah God and Jesus requires me to do so. and where did you read me saying that those people were "interested in having an intimate relationship with them?" because i never said that so come correct please. you ask for scriptural proof... question, did you yourself take the time to do research? you seem to believe you have the answers, if that's the case why didn't you show proof of them NOT wanting to sex those Angels?

anyway... (Gen. 19:4-8 But before they retired for the night, all the men of Sodom, young and old, came from all over the city and surrounded the house. 5 They shouted to Lot, “Where are the men who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!” So Lot stepped outside to talk to them, shutting the door behind him. “Please, my brothers,” he begged, “don’t do such a wicked thing. Look, I have two virgin daughters. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do with them as you wish. But please, leave these men alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection”). whoa!... hold up, wait a minute, step back! "note to yourself...Why are you still compelled to return to this silly topic over and over again when, 1. Sodom and Gomorrah likely never existed in reality?"... really!?

then why are you responding to what you believe those men in Sodom wanted. since you believe the story ISN'T TRUE? sad!... some come to learn, and some come in the name of satan. reading all that you post, I'm not sent here to play game with some who just don't want the truth from the bible. yet argues about what it says or don't say. how do i "KNOW what God likes" it's IN THE BIBLE, if you read the bible, you would see that he WANTS people to know his "likes and dislikes." how else would we survive the End unless we KNOW him and what he requires? oh!...wait, scriptures!...

(1). Pro. 6:16-19 There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven that are hated by Him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that kill those who are without guilt. a heart that makes sinful plans, feet that run fast to sin. a person who tells lies about someone else, and one who starts fights among brothers.

(2). 2Cor. 9:7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully." (so there you go, now you know what he "likes and dislikes". accept it or not... your world!

Old 04-28-2018, 10:00 AM

88,732 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:

1. People "salivating with excitement over the thought of someone else's damnation"

Not playing your <bleep> game, Finn.

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-28-2018 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: language

Old 04-28-2018, 10:09 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:

So sayeth Mr. Twister.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Not playing your dumbass game, Finn.
Don't try to turn this on me. This is YOUR game.

YOU made the claims, and I am asking you back them up.

Can you back them up, or shall we just conclude you are a false witness and a hater? You have made the same accusations in the past, and I have asked you to back them up before, and you ALWAYS fail to do so.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:35 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
Don't try to turn this on me. This is YOUR game.

YOU made the claims, and I am asking you back them up.

Can you back them up, or shall we just conclude you are a false witness and a hater? You have made the same accusations in the past, and I have asked you to back them up before, and you ALWAYS fail to do so.
Like most fundies, nuance escapes you.

If you wish examples of someone salivating at the prospect of others going to hell, just search scgraham's posts. Take any 10 at random.

If you can't see it, the fault lies with you.

Not that you'd ever admit it. That takes courage and honest self-reflection, also qualities found wanting in fundies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity