Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2018, 10:28 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,424,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Wouldn't a perverse person have a perverse sense of righteousness? Wouldn't that negate intent at least as far as outcome?
Yes, Finn's intent, according to what he's said in the past, is to have a laugh on this particular sub-forum. So, he's right in line (righteous?) with his intent, although I think most people would consider his sense of fun rather perverse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 10:32 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,249,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yes, Finn's intent, according to what he's said in the past, is to have a laugh on this particular sub-forum. So, he's right in line (righteous?) with his intent, although I think most people would consider his sense of fun rather perverse.
An apt description. I can think of many others, perhaps more colourful.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:15 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,096,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Read the posts from today on this thread (Warden, Pcamps & Trout). The claim was proven false, meaning they were wrong, and yet they continue to accuse others of misrepresentation. This is a never ending game from their part. I suppose they think if they repeat their accusations often enough, people will start believing it.

One example of such accusation ( a post to Warden). This was in reference to a post from Warden presenting a claim which was proven false:

Compare that to the post he just posted few minutes ago

You can't make this stuff up. Pcamps has a track record going back YEARS playing this same game.
Six things that G-d hates, where are your references?...

Old 05-06-2018, 11:20 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yes, Finn's intent, according to what he's said in the past, is to have a laugh on this particular sub-forum.
Quote please. Thanks.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:17 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,929,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Thanks, MQ. I think the Episcopalian God is the best!

I studied them--they are far removed from God and his son. You would support a religion of darkness. It comes out of false reasoning in hearts that do not know God or his son. Very sad TD

Old 05-06-2018, 12:21 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times
Quote:
Read the posts from today on this thread (Warden, Pcamps & Trout). The claim was proven false, meaning they were wrong, and yet they continue to accuse others of misrepresentation. This is a never ending game from their part. I suppose they think if they repeat their accusations often enough, people will start believing it.

One example of such accusation ( a post to Warden). This was in reference to a post from Warden presenting a claim which was proven false:

Compare that to the post he just posted few minutes ago

You can't make this stuff up. Pcamps has a track record going back YEARS playing this same game.
There are dozens and dozens of posts where you have misrepresented what posters believer. You have been asked by those same posters tto stop doing it and you have intenionally continued to do so, that is what we are up against with you. In respect to Wardens post he can clarify it himself. All i know is no one has accused myself, Pleroo, Jerwade, Mystic and and others of misrepresenting them other than you. Yet i come to this forum on a daily basis and notice you have got into with someone because you have misrepresented them. Pleroo is right, you are here for a laugh, we Brits call it P**s taking.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:39 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,740,388 times
Quote:
The intent matters. Are you doing things for righteousness sake with good intent, or are you bearing a false witness simply to make someone look bad?

"A perverse person stirs up conflict, and a gossip separates close friends."

Here in a forum, people stir up conflict by making deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them. It is called trolling. We have people here who come here only to make one-line stabs at people. They can also stir it up by constantly accusing others of something as opposed to discussing things. Happens all the time, as we have seen this morning.

We know what God says about such things, so I will leave it at that.
sorry Finn but I try and stay low... because it alwayS ends up just another gang bang.. with the same folks( READ TROLLS) lieing about others and God's word.. best I can do is state my case once AND THEN BACK IT UP .... I REALLY DON'T HAVE OR WANT TO HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO FIGHT THEIR KIND OF NONSENSE AND PURE BS. HOW THEY GET TO STAY ON ANY CHRISTIAN DISCUSSIONS I BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION.
MOST OF THESE ONES ON THIS THREAD I HAVE ON IGNORE OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN .. BUT SOMEHOW SOMETIMES THEY GET OFF (OF IT) UNTIL SUCH TIME AS I FIGURE OUT WHERE THEY GET OFF... :P
JUST KNOW I AM PRAYING FOR YOU!

Old 05-06-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I studied them--they are far removed from God and his son. You would support a religion of darkness. It comes out of false reasoning in hearts that do not know God or his son. Very sad TD
At least they aren't robots.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps
Do you not find it odd that there is not a single poster other than yourself that accuses others of misrepresenting them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There are dozens and dozens of posts where you have misrepresented what posters believer.
You couldn't make it up if you tried......

Old 05-06-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:

You couldn't make it up if you tried......
And you, unsurprisingly, miss the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity