Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 07:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you are a fundamentalist, then you tell me?
You made the claim, and I should explain it?

Fine, let me explain what it means. It means nothing. It is nonsense. A straw man argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Didn't he refer to others as hypocrites? Whitewashed tombs?
So, judging others reflects the mindset of Christ?

No, Jesus did not instruct His followers to judge others. Universalists make a hobby out of judging Christins, and they always try to justify it somehow.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:28 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

No, Jesus did not instruct His followers to judge others. Universalists make a hobby out of judging Christins, and they always try to justify it somehow.
That's rich coming from you, you have defended a right you believe God gave you to judge sin in others on numerous occasions on this forum.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:32 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Why do fundamentalists' believe you have to see yourself as unworthy?
Quote:
Unworthy for what?
Quote:
If you are a fundamentalist, then you tell me?
Quote:
You made the claim, and I should explain it?

Fine, let me explain what it means. It means nothing. It is nonsense. A straw man argument.
I am not the one who has taken the view that ALL are sinners, nor that human righteousness in nothing but filthy rags?

Old 05-27-2018, 09:37 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I have no interest in trying to understand the mind of a Christian fundamentalist. They typically do not match the mindset and attitude of Christ, which is all I need to know. I'll stick with focusing on Christ, the "real deal", instead of a fraud.
Quote:
You have a strange way to focus on Christ, because calling other people frauds is pretty far from matching the mindset of Christ.
Quote:
Didn't he refer to others as hypocrites? Whitewashed tombs?
Quote:

No, Jesus did not instruct His followers to judge others. Universalists make a hobby out of judging Christians, and they always try to justify it somehow.
If someone is a hypocrite, does that mean you have judged them or they have condemned themselves by their own words?

Old 05-27-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I am not the one who has taken the view that ALL are sinners, nor that human righteousness in nothing but filthy rags?
Well, you asked me to explain your claim, and I did. You are welcome.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:41 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:

What arguments are used to justify it?

Old 05-27-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
If someone is a hypocrite, does that mean you have judged them or they have condemned themselves by their own words?
What words?

The more often you judge others, the more you become guilty of it yourself.

Quote:
You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?

Old 05-27-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What arguments are used to justify it?
That Jesus called Pharisees hypocrites. And the other way to justify is the old "I'm not judging, I'm just stating a fact".

The point is that Jesus never told His followers to judge others.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:03 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity