Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2018, 02:48 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I decided to read some of your other threads. There are few posts similar to this one where you tear your family down. Definitely you have issues with the Lord and your family. God gives you life and your family raised you and loved you. Yet, you cannot seem to stop writing negative things about your parents and the Lord. What kind of person does that?
Honouring your parents isn't merely saying nice things about them, or just staying silent. It is spending time with them and helping them where you can. It certainly isn't agreeing with their doctrine, their views or every aspect of how they trained you up. Spirituality and relationship with the Father is way bigger than any box one may attempt to put them in, and a box of rules isn't so liberating.

SoulJourn hasn't said anything other than comments in relation to the box of rules as far as I read it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 02:49 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
I decided to read some of your other threads. There are few posts similar to this one where you tear your family down. Definitely you have issues with the Lord and your family. God gives you life and your family raised you and loved you. Yet, you cannot seem to stop writing negative things about your parents and the Lord. What kind of person does that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Apparently, you have a problem if someone has firsthand knowledge, whereas, you don't.
And you dislike it when people speak the truth.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:55 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He brings salvation to all who will accept it, but not all will. This who accept it are the ones who are saved. It is another verse which has been discussed to death, and it simply does not mean universal salvation.
When did you become 'a' god? Because you surely don't speak for him.

Old 05-23-2018, 03:38 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
He brings salvation to all who will accept it, but not all will. This who accept it are the ones who are saved. It is another verse which has been discussed to death, and it simply does not mean universal salvation.
I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;

I was found by those who did not seek me.

Absolutely nothing to do with your choice doctrine of men, that is a works based salvation, which leaves being saved to yourself. The truth is we are drawn to the son by the Father, so it's more of a case when we see Jesus Christ " I have found what i was looking for". The Ethiopian eunuch was drawn to Jerusalem, didn't find what he was looking for, the Father drew along side his chariot and presented Jesus Christ what he was looking for to him.

On my couch by night, I sought him whom my soul hath loved; I sought him, and I found him not!

-- Pray, let me rise, and go round the city, In the streets and in the broad places, I seek him whom my soul hath loved! -- I sought him, and I found him not.

The watchmen have found me, (Who are going round about the city), `Him whom my soul have loved saw ye?'

But a little I passed on from them, Till I found him whom my soul hath loved! I seized him, and let him not go, Till I brought him in unto the house of my mother -- And the chamber of her that conceived me.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:24 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
Quote:
Everyone is welcome in heaven as salvation is a free gift from the Lord. But faith in Him is the requirement in order to receive the gift.
Why does the Saviour of all mankind preach to the dead?

"For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

Weymouth=

"For it is with this end in view that the Good News was proclaimed even to some who were dead, that they may be judged, as all mankind will be judged, in the body, but may be living a godly life in the spirit."

Robertson Word Pictures Of The New Testament -A. T. Robertson

Philippians 2:10

"That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow (ina en twi onomati Ihsou pan gonu kampshi).

First aorist active subjunctive of kamptw, old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with ina.

Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. This universal homage to Jesus is seen in Romans 8:22; Ephesians 1:20-22 and in particular Revelation 5:13.

Under the earth (kataxtoniwn).

Homeric adjective for departed souls, subterranean, simply the dead.
Here only in the N.T."

Old 05-23-2018, 04:34 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Everyone is welcome in heaven as salvation is a free gift from the Lord. But faith in Him is the requirement in order to receive the gift.

You must meet Jeus on His terms not yours. Please don’t throw your eternal life away.
Jesus never taught salvation to heaven just like he never taught salvation from eternal hell. He taught what he was which was and is salvation(heaven coming to man) coming to us, that heaven can be experienced right here right now, in us and extended out from us.

Thy kingdom come. Aramaic - Teytey malkuthath, Desire with and through us the rule of universal fruitfulness on to the earth

By the way, the only term he gave Israel was, you will see me when you say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. There was no choice making, decision making, weeping and bawling over sin, denouncing sin or any other such thing, all such things are the traditions and doctrines of men.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:41 AM

Quote:
That is exactly what it means! Jesus Christ IS the Saviour of all (pas) mankind! He is not a potential Saviour...He is the Saviour!

"He is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who trust in Him (who believe.)

"THESE THINGS COMMAND AND TEACH"

Note:

Jesus Christ is not the Saviour of only those who believe...He is the Saviour of all mankind!

I know you refuse to dig, but why not disclose what "especially" means eh.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
That is exactly what it means! Jesus Christ IS the Saviour of all (pas) mankind! He is not a potential Saviour...He is the Saviour!

"He is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who trust in Him (who believe.)

Note:

Jesus Christ is not the Saviour of only those who believe...He is the Saviour of all mankind!

And yes F.J. we await your cutting edge insight into why the Saviour of all mankind preaches to the dead.

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 05-23-2018 at 04:55 AM..

Old 05-23-2018, 05:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
When did you become 'a' god? Because you surely don't speak for him.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

Note:

Like I said, it has been discussed to death and the tentmaker.com interpretation was proven false.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity