Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 09:06 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,968,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Will women become priests?
Since both men and women are called to heavenly life, then yes according to Revelation 5:9-10 those resurrected-to-heaven women will serve with Jesus as kings and priests over Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 09:12 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Since both men and women are called to heavenly life, then yes according to Revelation 5:9-10 those resurrected-to-heaven women will serve with Jesus as kings and priests over Earth.
There will be a female Pope within 50-75 years and a female Archbishop of Canterbury within 30.

Soon, only the most hidebound fundie sects will keep relegating women to subservient roles. And those sects are doomed to extinction.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
There will be a female Pope within 50-75 years and a female Archbishop of Canterbury within 30.
Soon, only the most hidebound fundie sects will keep relegating women to subservient roles. And those sects are doomed to extinction.
Doomed to extinction or doomed to everlasting destruction as per Psalm 92:7
No female taking the lead on Earth as per 1st Timothy chapter 3.
A female leader then would be a false doctrine Not having scriptural support - 1st Timothy 4:1-2
Since we are near the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33, then that is No 30-50 years away.
We are at the ' final phase ', so to speak, of Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 in completing that global spiritual work.
That means we are nearing the ' final signal ' of 1st Thess. 5:2-3 when ' they ' (meaning the powers that be) will be saying, " Peace and Security " as the precursor for the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Doomed to extinction or doomed to everlasting destruction as per Psalm 92:7
No female taking the lead on Earth as per 1st Timothy chapter 3.
A female leader then would be a false doctrine Not having scriptural support - 1st Timothy 4:1-2
Since we are near the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33, then that is No 30-50 years away.
We are at the ' final phase ', so to speak, of Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 in completing that global spiritual work.
That means we are nearing the ' final signal ' of 1st Thess. 5:2-3 when ' they ' (meaning the powers that be) will be saying, " Peace and Security " as the precursor for the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
I don't care what anonymous, primitive men who were frightened of women's power to create life thought.

And I don't care that there are still some spiritual dinosaurs like yourself who are still frightened of women and their power.

I care about what is true and right.

Women are our equals in all aspects that matter.

(And we are nearly theirs.)

Old 05-21-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I don't care what anonymous, primitive men who were frightened of women's power to create life thought.
And I don't care that there are still some spiritual dinosaurs like yourself who are still frightened of women and their power.
I care about what is true and right.
Women are our equals in all aspects that matter.
(And we are nearly theirs.)
If you don't care about Bible teachings then why bother to post.
King David, and King Solomon, Moses,Ezra, Jeremiah, Isaiah etc, are Not anonymous men.
The 40 different Bible writers are in harmony with each other along with Jesus being in harmony with them.
That is why Jesus could often quote or refer to the old Hebrew Scriptures as the basis for his teachings.

Seems you might have forgotten that God told Abraham to listen to his wife Sarah.
God even made a covenant promise with Sarah - Genesis 17:16; 21:12 that kings of peoples will come from her.
Jesus' mother Mary had 'power to crate life thought' to Jesus through her use of Scripture.

I find it interesting that No one complains about the headship principle in the school system.
The teacher is head of the pupil, the principal is head of the teacher, and the super is head of the principal.
No one complains because that headship principle works.
What is wrong with Ephesians 5:33,23

Old 05-21-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
King David, and King Solomon, Moses,Ezra, Jeremiah, Isaiah etc, are Not anonymous men.
The 40 different Bible writers are in harmony with each other along with Jesus being in harmony with them.
That is why Jesus could often quote or refer to the old Hebrew Scriptures as the basis for his teachings.

Seems you might have forgotten that God told Abraham to listen to his wife Sarah.
God even made a covenant promise with Sarah - Genesis 17:16; 21:12 that kings of peoples will come from her.
Jesus' mother Mary had 'power to crate life thought' to Jesus through her use of Scripture.

I find it interesting that No one complains about the headship principle in the school system.
The teacher is head of the pupil, the principal is head of the teacher, and the super is head of the principal.

Try to understand that some people interpret reality through other lenses than that of a mouldy old book.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Try to understand that some people interpret reality through other lenses than that of a mouldy old book.
I find the selfish distorted form of love as described at 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13 is today's reality.
We are in the last days of badness on Earth before Jesus takes the action of Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-16.
So, we don't need a book thousands of years old to describe worldly conditions, the morning news even does that for us.
When we pick up or hear the morning news we hear or read about the bad news of men's kingdoms or governments.
Whereas, when we pick up the Bible we read about the good news of God's kingdom government of Daniel 2:44.
God's kingdom was the theme of Jesus' teachings - Luke 4:43 - and is the solution to mankind's woes.
So, whether on a mouldy copy, or a new copy right off the presses, or off the computer the message is always the same.
Peace on Earth will only come when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth, and he will.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:08 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:

Some grow up.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:22 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I don’t think the point is for individuals to keep any feasts, days, months, years as they were the symbols that showed the times and seasons of the things in the prophets and law.

Col 2:16 Then do not let anyone judge you in eating, or in drinking, or in part of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,
Col 2:17 which are a shadow of coming things, but the body is of Christ.

I think that the “body of Christ” has been “keeping” the “feasts”, which starts at Passover 70AD
I don't judge anyone in whether or not they keep a feast, a Sabbath, or any of the laws of the feasts of Sabbaths, are you under the impression that I do?

The Christians did keep the feasts of God up to the Jewish war and some after the Jewish war, and then they were too afraid to keep them, and by 325, NO Gentile kept the feasts of God, they kept the feasts of devils.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:28 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
You can't judge a Christian in a pagan religion in whether or not he kept the laws of God, they were no longer Christians.

I have never judged anyone in keeping feasts, I judge pagans who keep pagan feasts and lie saying it is of Jesus. I can't judge people in the laws, I judge people saying they are Christians when they are not.

Not judging somebody in whether or not they keep all the laws of the Sabbaths has nothing to do with judging a person keeping the feasts of other Gods. Not keeping the feasts of Jesus does not give a person the right to keep pagan ways to then lie and say they are of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity