Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 12:50 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Nope:

What then? If some did not believe, does their unbelief nullify the faithfulness of God? Absolutely not! Let God be proven true, and every human being shown up as a liar,...

Does not say anything about saving all men. You should read Romans particularly Chapter 3.People's unbelief does NOT nullify God's faithfulness in Christ's work on the cross. Complete opposite of what you said! You think if everyone does not believe then God does fail.
In this situation, just because Israel failed does not mean that God is unfaithful for ALL of Israel WILL BE SAVED.
And it is no different with the rest of humanity because of the FAITHFULNESS OF CHRIST JESUS.

It is not Pneuma who lacks the power of the mind to think, understand and form judgments by the process of logic and reasoning.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-09-2018 at 01:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 01:32 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,390,876 times
Quote:
No, I have demonstrated through many passages and their context these facts.

For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so that no one can boast.
lmao

Rose quoted this scripture

Jesus Christ is the saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

You added to that scripture through faith....

I asked you to provide in the context and syntax where it says this.

You go outside the context, pull scripture out of context and insert it where it has no place in being.oops

Old 06-09-2018, 01:42 AM

Quote:
There is nothing in Gen.5 about God's plan or Jesus.
I was speaking about Gods plan in gen.1:27-28 and you know it or should have because that was what you were responding to.

So then Gods plan is to create humankind in his image and likeness.

That would be a spiritual man.

And how is a spiritual man created?

In Christ Jesus

Why did Jesus come into the earth?

To fulfill Gods plan.

What was Gods plan again?

To make humankind in his image and likeness.

So then we now know what Gods plan is and we know God sent Jesus to fulfill this plan.

So is it only Gods wish that Jesus fulfill his purpose in coming or is it Gods will that Jesus fulfill his purpose.

It is Gods WILL, does not matter how much you WISH it was not.

Old 06-09-2018, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Nah, I just happen to know what they teach you obviously don't!
Quote:
No, I simply proved that Paul and John teach that God is not going to save everyone. Big Difference!
Yet you agreed God will finish what he started so are you now retracting that statement?

You say you understand the difference between reconciliation and saved, yet when the scriptures speak of Jesus as being the saviour of all men you say you agree with that then proceed to say the reconciliation is the same as Jesus saving all men.

I am starting to doubt you can even read Greek, you are having such a hard time with English

Old 06-09-2018, 02:04 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I've mentioned a number of times on this forum that I believe in a so called age of accountability. That anyone who is incapable of making a faith decision is automatically saved.
You are truly a hoot (& your pal)! Can you direct us to where the Canon speaks of a get out of jail free card is found (age of accountability)? And Mike while you are searching for us, another 15000 children die today under age 5 worldwide. It is re-assuring to know according to Mike 9.37 that they have not reached 6 or 7 or 8 etc.

Lets Talk Numbers

"In one way or another, God makes sure that we all experience what it means to be outside so that He can personally open the door and welcome us back in."

Old 06-09-2018, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's the reward and punishment theology, but you have to be old enough to participate.

"For God did shut up together the whole to unbelief, that to the whole He might do kindness."

Old 06-09-2018, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
All must have faith and believe except......good grief.

What about those who the God of this world has blinded Mike. ? After all it is not their fault they have been blind. Do they get a free pass also.

"For God has made all people prisoners of disobedience, so that he might show mercy to them all."

Old 06-09-2018, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Still can't see clearly huh! More like talking with your own ego.
"For God has locked up all in the prison of unbelief, that upon all alike He may have mercy."

I know how much you despise equations, but to repeat>>>>>>>>>>>

"For as in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive."

Old 06-09-2018, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
oh good grief. but at least it is good to know you believe not all have to have faith and believe, myself I believe everyone needs both and everyone shall have both.
Make that good grief!

"God has placed all people into the prison of their own disobedience so that he could be merciful to all people."

Old 06-09-2018, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"For God has locked up all in the prison of unbelief, that upon all alike He may have mercy."

I know how much you despise equations, but to repeat>>>>>>>>>>>

"For as in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive."
But rose did you not know all +all = some
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity