Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 06:44 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times

Advertisements

I ask cuz of how atheists see God...where do they get these nutty ideas?
From Christians and the Bible. They're not describing MY Dad!

Old 10-30-2018, 06:53 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,875,129 times
Yes. It the Christian promotion of crazy ideas which they have somehow squeezed out of the Bible. Crazy beliefs which have no basis in truth or even in the Bible.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:03 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
You do know they killed Christ before Christians existed....

Flawed views of God have been around almost forever.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You do know they killed Christ before Christians existed....

Flawed views of God have been around almost forever.
hahaha, good one.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:13 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,245,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
True, they're NOT describing our Father. but have hope, this is a TEST of "YOUR" Faith to endure to the end. for the time of ignorance is near to "END" scripture,

2 Timothy 3:1 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 Timothy 3:2 "For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy", READ THAT AGAIN.

2 Timothy 3:3 "Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good", READ THAT AGAIN 2

2 Timothy 3:4 "Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

2 Timothy 3:5 "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away .READ THAT AGAIN 3 TIMES.

2 Timothy 3:6 "For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

2 Timothy 3:7 "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. THIS ONE NEEDS TO BE READ 7 TIMES.

2 Timothy 3:8 "Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

2 Timothy 3:9 "But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was".

notice NOT ONE IS christian, BUT MEN natural MEN.

the apostle Peter said, 2 Peter 2:1 "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Peter 2:2 "And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of". THAT'S THE ANSWER RIGHT THERE.

and what kind of "FALSE" Prophet & TEACHERS are they? listen, 2 Peter 2:12 "But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption"

natural brute beasts, speak evil of the things that they understand not. THAT'S THE ANSWER.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:25 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
From those claiming to be Christians, but following the teachings of men influenced by Satan. The same problem with the Bible, is the way the present God by focusing on verses out of context and to frighten people, plus beliefs not in the Bible but brought in by Greek philosophy which took over in the "Church".

Many know the verse that says "God is love" but have no real concept of what that means, just what they want it to mean. No verse stands alone.

Atheists do not see God, they reject his existence, so they make any claim they want.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
From those claiming to be Christians, but following the teachings of men influenced by Satan. The same problem with the Bible, is the way the present God by focusing on verses out of context and to frighten people, plus beliefs not in the Bible but brought in by Greek philosophy which took over in the "Church".

Many know the verse that says "God is love" but have no real concept of what that means, just what they want it to mean. No verse stands alone.

Atheists do not see God, they reject his existence, so they make any claim they want.
I'll agree with you on they used "FEAR" to "CONTROL" people. that's why I said ignorance is coming to an "END". people are reading and going to God for the TRUTH.

but hear me out, there is nothing wrong with men producing doctrine from scriptures, as long as they are scriptual based, and do not conflict with other scripture. for the bible says all scriptures are good for doctrine, but as you said, just don't take the scripture out of context.

and true, the philosophy of men are an error. Colossians 2:8 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ".

yes, these tradition of men, the precept of men. the Lord is correct, Isaiah 29:13 "Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Isaiah 29:14 "Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Isaiah 29:15 "Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?

Isaiah 29:16 "Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?".

Old 11-08-2018, 08:00 AM

This thread was brought back up, thanks, you two ...my thoughts...if there were no Bible stories regarding mass murders,
and a God flippantly wanting to kill everyone...
I DO REALLY believe there would be less atheists...it seems it is the Judeo-Christian God they reject or refuse to believe in.

Are there many atheists in India? Come on...They have a human rep of God that manifests 12 times to make love
to milk maidens behind haystacks and goes off playing His flute with long luxurious hair and mascara eyes!
Everyone believes in God over there!!!! LOL
What a diff!!!

"Think of Me and you will surely find Me.
In every thought perceive Me.
Those who take refuge in me,
will go to the highest goal"

-Krishna, Ch 9 of the Gita (Oooo, scary)

Old 11-08-2018, 08:19 AM

I had a medical doctor friend online in another fourm who of the muslim faith. and the more we converse and exchanged beliefs. we found out that we was not that far apart in a few doctoral beliefs, but was apart on some major doctoral belief.

and when we both left the fourm we agreed that we each gave the other something to think about. and he actually acknowledge that some of his belies was in error, and changed some of his view on the Lord Jesus.

evangelism comes in many form, just tell the truth, and if possiable point out misconceptions where, and when if you can, but just don't lie.

when people of other cultures and religious beliefs and backgrounds come together, you'll find that they are not that so far apart from you and I.

correct teaching is the key.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:36 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
Quote:
Who's the Mommy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity