Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 10:50 AM

605 posts, read 335,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I ask cuz of how atheists see God...where do they get these nutty ideas?
From Christians and the Bible. They're not describing MY Dad!
Honestly I am not a Christian. So am here for the topic only if that makes sense.
As I posted scriptural truths, basically as I know them from studying the bible, I was "advised' i was too new to do this. And stereo-typed into something called a Fundamentalist.

Clearly if you are a Christian, then your truth is ONLY the bible. It testifies to itself as being the ONLY truth, the sole truth.

Still new at studying the Koran but believe it to state the same things. Though their Jesus is your Anti-Christ. pretty bizarre stuff. Hopefully as I discuss the Koran, no one will demean me telling me I am too new to discuss it, nor label me with some stereotype.

Either something is truth or it is not. Either believe it 100% when it testifies as being infallible because if you find one error, it is not infallible. And it is NOT the truth. Just saying. There is only ONE truth. Study to learn what that truth is. Don't allow anyone to demean you with labels like fundamentalist or any other names. Stick to the TRUTH of the WORD you believe in. Don't do it half way, as it testifies to itself that will only get you on the wide road to destruction.

For now, I might be one of the "athiests" you are describing. Yet minus the "nutty ideals" as I only study what Christians do, the Bible.

Last edited by BumbleBeeHunter; 11-21-2018 at 11:10 AM..

Old 11-21-2018, 10:56 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
Honestly I am not a Christian. So am here for the topic only if that makes sense.
As I posted scriptural truths, basically as I know them from studying the bible, I was "advised' i was too new to do this. And stereo-typed into something called a Fundamentalist.

Clearly if you are a Christian, then your truth is ONLY the bible. It testifies to itself as being the ONLY truth, the sole truth.

Still new at studying the Koran but believe it to state the same things. Though their Jesus is your Anti-Christ. pretty bizarre stuff. Hopefully as I discuss the Koran, no one will demean me telling me I am too new to discuss it, nor label me with some stereotype.

Either something is truth or it is not. Either believe it 10% when it testifies as being infallible because if you find one error, it is not infallible. And it is NOT the truth. Just saying. There is only ONE truth. Study to learn what that truth is. Don't allow anyone to demean you with labels like fundamentalist or any other names. Stick to the TRUTH of the WORD you believe in. Don't do it half way, as it testifies to itself that will only get you on the wide road to destruction.

For now, I might be one of the "athiests" you are describing. Yet minus the "nutty ideals" as I only study what Christians do, the Bible.
All-or-nothing-ism is the epitome of fundamentalism, regardless of your God-belief or lack thereof. (I assume you meant to type "believe it [the Bible] 100% [or] … it is NOT the truth.")

Old 11-21-2018, 11:11 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugqKGiMaCak
awesome .. still waters ... valley of the shadow of death... goodness and mercy have been following me all the days of my life..

Old 11-21-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
All-or-nothing-ism is the epitome of fundamentalism, regardless of your God-belief or lack thereof. (I assume you meant to type "believe it [the Bible] 100% [or] … it is NOT the truth.")
I am not sure what you mean. The bible itself claims to be 100% true and infallible. There is no other way to approach the bible.
Not interested in stereotypes nor labels applied to folks which are anti-biblical. It's rude in a Christian forum, and rude in general.

You might be correct regarding other religions like the Muslims. But so far, I don't see it. To label them with a stereotype while in their forum is equally rude. From my study, either you believe in the Koran as the absolute truth, or you do not hence you are not a Muslim.

Same with Christianity and their truth, the bible.

It's good to be honest and not lie.

I am nor a Christian nor a Muslim. If you (in the general sense, not you specifically) are not one, then openly admit it.
Don't call names to try to deceive yourself nor be mean to those who are.
I will be respectful in discussing the topic, as it is written, in its entire truth, regarding the Koran or the Bible. In the appropriate forums.

If I choose to omit some words, make up some name for those who adhere to it's (bible or koran) truths as written, or try to conjur up grey areas where the bible/koran is not gray at all, then I am not a Christian nor a Muslim.

I need to admit that truth to myself and others as to not deceive others on this forum otherwise. Nor deceive myself into thinking I am something i am not.

Last edited by BumbleBeeHunter; 11-21-2018 at 11:23 AM..

Old 11-21-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean. The bible itself claims to be 100% true and infallible.
Where?

Quote:
There is no other way to approach the bible.
Not interested in stereotypes nor labels which are anti-biblical.

You might be correct regarding other religions like the Muslims. Not sure if their Koran testifies otherwise but from my study, absolutely not. Either you believe in it as the absolute truth, or you are not a Muslim.

It's good to be honest and not lie. I am nor a Christian nor a Muslim. But will be respectful in discussing the topic as it is written, in its entirety and truth, regarding the Koran or the Bible.

Otherwise I am not interested in the truth of either one if I choose to omit some or try to conjur up grey areas where the bible is not gray at all. That would be disrespectful to Christians which I won't do to them.

Only some Christians think that the bible is infallible. So, are you being disrespectful to the rest of Christians who don't agree by telling them they are wrong?

Old 11-21-2018, 11:20 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times
Quote:
I am not sure what you mean. The bible itself claims to be 100% true and infallible. There is no other way to approach the bible.
Not interested in stereotypes nor labels applied to folks which are anti-biblical. It's rude in a Christian forum, and rude in general.

You might be correct regarding other religions like the Muslims. But so far, I don't see it. To label them with a stereotype while in their forum is equally rude. From my study, either you believe in the Koran as the absolute truth, or you do not hence you are not a Muslim.

Same with Christianity and their truth, the bible.

It's good to be honest and not lie.

I am nor a Christian nor a Muslim. If you are not one, then admit it openly.
But I will be respectful in discussing the topic as it is written, in its entire truth, regarding the Koran or the Bible.

If I choose to omit some words, make up some name for those who adhere to it's truths as written, or try to conjur up grey areas where the bible/koran is not gray at all, then I am not a Christian nor a Muslim. I need to admit that truth as to not deceive others on this forum otherwise. Nor deceive myself
your so honest with some integrety that is rare.. ! got to love it ! thank you

Old 11-21-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
You're welcome. I appreciate that.
Are you one of the Christians or do you just come here to discuss the Bible as the truth?

Old 11-21-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Where?

Only some Christians think that the bible is infallible. So, are you being disrespectful to the rest of Christians who don't agree by telling them they are wrong?
I am at work so not sure how much time I have to look it up.

A christian is a Christ Follower and Christ is found in the bible which is their truth. So if you are not a Christian, which you'll find what one is in the Book of Acts (where paul is meeting with them) then you would not be a Christian per the bible. Is there any other religion, aside from the bible, where you find the word Christian? I don't believe so but am open to being corrected. I believe not.

So we'll need to look this up accordingly to the horses mouth. Offhand i do not know where to find it in the bible, can you help?
I'll try now at Bible Gateway...but if I am not able to do it in time, I'll be back to respond asap by tonight. promise.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post

Quote:
Honestly I am not a Christian. ... For now, I might be one of the "athiests" you are describing. Yet minus the "nutty ideals" as I only study what Christians do, the Bible.
Quote:
Spiritual Gifts are something the bible speaks of US ALL having. Only God reveals that
I am referring to the true God, the of GOD of the Bible.
Christianity is based on the bible. The bible is where you derive the definition of a Christian
He is an atheist who believes there is a true God and that God is the God of the bible?

Old 11-21-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I am at work so not sure how much time I have to look it up.
I'll save you the time. It doesn't say that.

Quote:
A christian is a Christ Follower and Christ is found in the bible which is their truth.
So we'll need to look this up accordingly. Offhand i do not know where to find it in the bible, can you help?
I'll try now but if I am not able to do it in time, I'll be back. promise.
If you're convinced that the bible is truth [which says there is a God, so why are you an atheist?], then you'll know that the bible doesn't say that Christ is in the bible or any other compilation of writings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity