Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2018, 08:42 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times

Advertisements

Fundamentalist Christians are the bad apple that spoils the Christianity barrel. Their rot must be stopped.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:49 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Will you also chastise Mr. Camps for his constant use of fundamentalist to criticize other believers?
According to him, me and my entire church family are not true believers.
Mr. Camps be nice...

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift,
and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost.
....(Heb 6:4 )...
to bear our brothers and sisters who may be interpreting scripture in a way that shines a light on God that makes 'Him' out to be
anything but pure Love....maybe I shouldn't put words in Mr. Camps mouth.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:54 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Mr. Camps be nice...

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift,
and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost.
....(Heb 6:4 )...
to bear our brothers and sisters who may be interpreting scripture in a way that shines a light on God that makes 'Him' out to be
anything but pure Love....maybe I shouldn't put words in Mr. Camps mouth.
Ok Miss H, just for you . I promise not to show Jimmie by the scriptures that it is actually him like all bible fundamentaists that he does not understand the difference between Jesus Christ and the scriptures.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:58 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by werit View Post
Yes, it was Christians and their constant hate, anger and judgement that drove me away from religion entirely. I don't see the appeal of getting all worked up about how other people are living their lives, especially when Christians were told by God to let him take care of the judging and punishment stuff. IMO, Christianity is mainly comprised of bitter, angry people that are looking for other people to blame for their own failures. I want no part of a religion designed to provide an outlet for disgruntled bullies to attack other people.

For me it all changed when one day I took a harsh look at the way Christians really treat people and didn't like what I saw.
Yes, it is all that hate that has started hospitals, universities, orphanages, leprosariums, the big ideas of human rights, women rights, and abolition movements. From mercy ships to the Red Cross, all have their roots in the Jesus movement and this idea that we should do God’s will on earth as it is in Heaven.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:22 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Yes, it is all that hate that has started hospitals, universities, orphanages, leprosariums, the big ideas of human rights, women rights, and abolition movements. From mercy ships to the Red Cross, all have their roots in the Jesus movement and this idea that we should do God’s will on earth as it is in Heaven.
It didn't take believing in the Bible, it took people with open-minds and good hearts.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Ok Miss H, just for you . I promise not to show Jimmie by the scriptures that it is actually him like all bible fundamentaists that he does not understand the difference between Jesus Christ and the scriptures.
NO WAY? You're gonna do that for ME!!! xxxxxooo

For ME it is a burden beyond my pay grade to convince anyone of just about anything., pcamps..even the best mechanic I've ever been to! I mention it...and am done.

So, I give these burdens away to God..."Take 'em...they're Yours, God!!!"
That's what Jesus told me to do!
Ah, now I have peace..."Thank you, Lord....good advice.''....I say.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Fundamentalist Christians are the bad apple that spoils
the Christianity barrel. Their rot must be stopped.
This is a point missed often....many do not have a huge problem with the
basic beliefs of Christianity itself...maybe some disagreements, sure.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:16 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by werit View Post
That is a bit like a drug dealer that helps build a playground or brings toys to the neighborhood kids for Christmas. Doing good things does not justify or excuse the bad things that Christians have been doing to people.
How many drug dealers do you know who do great charity work? On judgement day, is that what you’re going to tell God? “I didn’t believe in Jesus because of those other people.”

Old 11-20-2018, 01:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
On judgement day, is that what you’re going to tell God? “I didn’t believe in Jesus because of those other people.”
A fear based theology comes from the heart of the fearful and timid. But it has nothing to do with God.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
How many drug dealers do you know who do great charity work? On judgement day, is that what you’re going to tell God? “I didn’t believe in Jesus because of those other people.”
What are you going to tell him ? You believed in the bible and Jesus? If you believe in that form of judgement, you fundies are in a whole lot of trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity