Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2018, 08:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The scripture speaks of the One who is life, Jesus the Christ. I encourage you to read and study your Bible, pray for understanding and, instead of hanging out in a bar on Sunday morning, attend a church where John 3:16 is preached.

And yes, you are a liberal Christian, as you currently reject much of holy scripture.
Lol, you blatantly reject the fact that Jesus said he not the scriptures are life . I reject your understanding of the scriptures not the scriptures themselves, for i know they are not life but they testify of the one of whom we shoukd know who IS LIFE. You cannot accept this truth of Jesus because you equate the scriptures as having life too. You think you believe in Jesus who is Life but in reality you are a believer in the bible(God like status and infallible and inerrant'), but do not the believe what the bible actually says. Please stop quoting John 3:16 at me like you know what it means, you don't, it's goingnothing to do with being saved from eternal hell or perishing in it, anymore than a person with no vision perishes in it. To perish means you are living a life of no existence, missing out on everything which is divinely yours.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:45 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lol, you blatantly reject the fact that Jesus said he not the scriptures are life . I reject your understanding of the scriptures not the scriptures themselves, for i know they are not life but they testify of the one of whom we shoukd know who IS LIFE. You cannot accept this truth of Jesus because you equate the scriptures as having life too. You think you believe in Jesus who is Life but in reality you are a believer in the bible(God like status and infallible and inerrant'), but do not the believe what the bible actually says. Please stop quoting John 3:16 at me like you know what it means, you don't, it's goingnothing to do with being saved from eternal hell or perishing in it, anymore than a person with no vision perishes in it. To perish means you are living a life of no existence, missing out on everything which is divinely yours.
I do NOT reject John 5:39. As a matter of fact, it proves my point, rather than yours. Scripture testifies of Jesus. That’s why we read and study it, to know Him intimately.

Look below, Jesus is speaking to you and your liberal friends.

Luke 24

25 And He said to them, “O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?” 27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:14 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,634 times
Quote:
I do NOT reject John 5:39. As a matter of fact, it proves my point, rather than yours. Scripture testifies of Jesus. That’s why we read and study it, to know Him intimately.

Luke 24

25 And He said to them, “O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?” 27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.
Why do you continually argue with them? Are they truly interested in God or His Word? We all know what they are, and are not.

Last edited by SumTingy; 11-19-2018 at 10:29 PM..

Old 11-20-2018, 12:16 AM

Quote:

Luke 24

You are saying they are the Life of God(God Breathed), Jesus said they are not, he said they testify of the one who is Life(the very breath of God). Are you so slow of heart not to see this?. Jesus is speaking to those like you who have no idea about HIM. I believe the scriptures for what they are you do not, you have elevated them to God like status. There is only one God, repent from making the scriptures God.

Jesus consistently said that his words were what the Father had given him. To listen to you bible fundamentalists, you would think he said the words i speak to you are what i was given to by the bible. He said abide in my love, not abide in the scriptures. Your bible says be rooted in and established IN the love of God not the scriptures...... The love of God is the salvation of God... Jesus Christ is the love of God made manifest. The scriptures tell us that Jesus Christ that knowing eternal life is knowing his father and him who is the love of God made manifest, yet you fundamentalists insist that in the scriptures lie eternal life, no wonder you all live in darkness.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-20-2018 at 12:27 AM..

Old 11-20-2018, 12:39 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
You show your ignorance in the above scripture quotes and you dismiss the words of even those who walked with Jesus. Study to find out the background of those passages, so you will be wise.

Like most liberal Christians, your theology is out of balance, all grace, no truth. Read and study ALL of Jesus’ words.
I said, "Stone 'em...real spiritual". Naturally, I was referring to the Bible being 'God breathed' and relating that to the Old Test....
Let's just 'study' a couple 'stoning' verses...that are 'God breathed' according to you.

Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord.
Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death. Ex 31:15

A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death.
They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them. Lev 20:27

This is what I'm talking about, jimmie. Do I think these are God breathed?..No, I do not, sorry...do I need to actually 'study' these verses? Would that make me less ignorant so I would believe God
uttered these directions....nope, sorry.
"These people"?...Yes, I am one of those people.

Added: This is what I could refer to as the Bible 'giving God a bad name', as in the topic...this is 1 reason why I
read atheists say,
'Christianity is a blood cult worshipping a monster.'
I'm afraid the Bible actually makes people become atheists, or in the least, non-Christians.
Now THAT is regretful...a book turning people away from God....my opinion..that's how I see it.
And that makes me some kind of enemy. Crazy. "...you liberals...those people"...just more separation ...I'll refer to
Quote:
Mightyqueen801-
In case you missed it, I've mentioned about fifty times on this forum that since That Day I have written and spoken out against the Us v Them mentality and the damage it can do. I urge all people to seek commonalities rather than focus on differences and to learn to see people as individuals instead of as members of groups to which false assumptions about them can then be assigned.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 11-20-2018 at 01:05 AM..

Old 11-20-2018, 12:46 AM

Today's bible fundamentalists are making the same mistake the Pharisees and scribes made(Giving them God like status, but even worse still, their own interpretation of them God like status) and in doing so are completely missing the essence and purpose of what they are written for.............. To foretell of the one they testify of that we would seek him and find HIM...... whom to know his eternal life.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Are they truly interested in God or His Word?
Yes, i read the scriptures daily, i am not interested where you view them from, if the veil was removed from your mind i would be.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I said, "Stone 'em...real spiritual". Naturally, I was referring to the Bible being 'God breathed' and relating that to the Old Test....
Let's just 'study' a couple 'stoning' verses...that are 'God breathed' according to you.

Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord.
Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death. Ex 31:15

A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death.
They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them. Lev 20:27

This is what I'm talking about, jimmie. Do I think these are God breathed?..No, I do not, sorry...do I need to actually 'study' these verses? Would that make me less ignorant so I would believe God
uttered these directions....nope, sorry.
"These people"?...Yes, I am one of those people.

Added: This is what I could refer to as the Bible 'giving God a bad name', as in the topic...this is 1 reason why I
read atheists say,
'Christianity is a blood cult worshipping a monster.'
I'm afraid the Bible actually makes people become atheists, or in the least, non-Christians.
Now THAT is regretful...a book turning people away from God....my opinion..that's how I see it.
And that makes me some kind of enemy. Crazy. "...you liberals...those people"...just more separation ...I'll refer to
Will you also chastise Mr. Camps for his constant use of fundamentalist to criticize other believers? According to him, me and my entire church family are not true believers.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Will you also chastise Mr. Camps for his constant use of fundamentalist to criticize other believers? According to him, me and my entire church family are not true believers.
You're bible believers(Well, your own interpretations of it)..... How nice!.. They were back in Jesus' day too, but they interpretated them according to their own traditions and doctrines that tickled their own ears.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-20-2018 at 08:20 AM..

Old 11-20-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You're bible believers(Well, your own interpretations of it)..... How nice!.. They were back in Jesus' day too, but they interpretated them according to their own traditions and doctrines that tickled their own ears.
I could say the same about you liberals (bolded above).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity