Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 04:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What, exactly, do you mean by "attack"? Strongly disagree with a fundamentalist view of the bible and the resulting ideas created by that view about the nature and character of God? Present a different perspective?
Fundies are delicate flowers, Pleroo. After all, their faith is based on the brittle pages of an old book.

If they dispute the book, their flimsy faith collapses. So, they dare not.

Poor things.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:59 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
It's ironic that the majority of posts on this and many other threads in the "Christianity" forum are posted by non-Christians and/or professing Christians who do little, but, attack other Christians and the Bible.
Easy to understand. It is The same ones who strongly support homosexuality. Fact check. Check out the largest topic. It is about homosexuality. Sex is their god and the Bible and the Word are its enemy.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
The bible itself claims to be 100% true and infallible.
Quote:
Where?
Nowhere, does it say that, it only states some things are inspired.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:07 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Easy to understand. It is The same ones who strongly support homosexuality. Fact check. Check out the largest topic. It is about homosexuality. Sex is their god and the Bible and the Word are its enemy.
This one actually did make me laugh out loud! What places your mind goes.

I doubt that there is one single poster on this entire R&S forum whose reason for posting is that they "strongly support homosexuality". Sexual orientation is not something you support or don't support.

You are talking about the people who strongly support inclusion and acceptance of people. Some who support inclusion and acceptance are Christians and some of them are not. That you DON'T support such things is disturbing to the rest of us no matter what our spiritual identity.

The Bible is only anyone's enemy to the extent that it is used as the mask from behind which some hide their own prejudices by trying to pawn them off as "the Word of God".

The downside for you is that the more you try to claim this, the more transparent the mask becomes. We can see you.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-21-2018 at 09:20 PM..

Old 11-21-2018, 06:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Sex is their god and the Bible and the Word are its enemy.
Translated ...... I have issues with sex,it owns me, so i resist it and treat it like it's an enemy of God because i think God feels the same way about it that i do.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
It's ironic that the majority of posts on this and many other threads in the "Christianity" forum are posted by non-Christians and/or professing Christians who do little, but, attack other Christians and the Bible.
Quote:
What, exactly, do you mean by "attack"? Strongly disagree with a fundamentalist view of the bible and the resulting ideas created by that view about the nature and character of God? Present a different perspective?
I find that certain people make assumptions or falsely accuse others, it's the way they operate.
And, God forbid, that you would have a different thought or perspective to what is believed.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:22 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
God is love, have you any idea how that Love is?. Let me tell you.....Immeasurable...... Everything else flows from it.
And your god is also so very small. I'm sorry that you serve such a small god.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:27 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Are you being serious? A God of "immeasurable love from which everything flows" to you is small in your mind? A God who doesn't kill people, or command others to kill in it's name is small to you? Do you realize that you sound like the kid on the playground insisting that his dad can beat everyone else's dad up?

Old 11-21-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This one actually did make me laugh out loud! What places your mind goes.

I doubt that there is one single poster on this entire R&S forum whose reason for posting is that they "strongly support homosexuality". Sexual orientation is not something you support or don't support.

You are talking about the people who strongly support inclusion and acceptance of people. Some who support inclusion and acceptance are Christians and some of them are not. That you DON'T support such things is disturbing to the rest of us no matter what our spiritual identity.

The Bible is only anyone's enemy to the extent that it is used as the mask from behind which some hide their own prejudices by trying to pawn them off as "the Word of God".

The downside for you is that the more you try to claim this, the more transparent the mask becomes. We can see you.
Right on!

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-21-2018 at 09:19 PM..

Old 11-21-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
If you believe that God is only one attribute, and you focus on that one attribute to the exclusion of all the others, then yes, you worship a small god indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
God is love, have you any idea how that Love is?. Let me tell you.....Immeasurable...... Everything else flows from it.
Quote:
Love has no boundaries and its power is unlimited.
Now, a god of wrath and vengeance, that's tiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity