Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 09:06 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
NO I agree with your general statement. except for where start accusing christians.
what part I disagree with you is that God still hates sin in us.. but Jesus the man died for it.. it is father's plan to bring us back into the knowledge and right standing with God our Father.. and yes it was a glorious gift..
Now that means we must still try remain humble and thankful and repentant when we sin or realize how we sinned and burdened man or God and do the best we can to submit ourselves to His Spirit to change our hearts , so that we are not an offense to God while we learn of him by trail and errors .
and some day there is a water that will wash us clean of all our sins and falling shorts.
in the mean time we need the Lord and his wWords to wash our minds with both his wWords . and the living words which is His church walking our his wWords!

Eph 5:24

Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Eph 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Eph 5:26

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Eph 5:27

That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Eph 5:28

So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies( as Jesus did and does now ). He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Eph 5:29

For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

Eph 5:30

For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.( we are all his church/his wife)

Eph 5:31

For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Eph 5:32

This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

the goal has never been lowered .. the way to walk in it has been provided and supplied By Him !
Attacking christians ?. You do know the scriptures tell us whatsoever is not of faith is sin?. So why don't we stop all this "that's a sin and this is a sin" nonsense . Unbelief is the root cause of missing the mark, and unbelief is rooted in fear.

And they brought a horror of that land which they surveyed upon the children of Israel, saying, The land which we passed by to survey it, is a land that eats up its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of extraordinary stature
Then the whole congregation lifted up their voices and cried out, and that night the people wept

That horror does not exist to those that love has cast out fear.

God is not cleaning us up, he is raising Christ up in us.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:22 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Attacking christians ?. You do know the scriptures tell us whatsoever is not of faith is sin?. So why don't we stop all this "that's a sin and this is a sin" nonsense . Unbelief is the root cause of missing the mark, and unbelief is rooted in fear.

And they brought a horror of that land which they surveyed upon the children of Israel, saying, The land which we passed by to survey it, is a land that eats up its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of extraordinary stature
Then the whole congregation lifted up their voices and cried out, and that night the people wept

That horror does not exist to those that love has cast out fear.

God is not cleaning us up, he is raising Christ up in us.
OH YES YOU ARE RIGHT in theory perfect.... have you been tried in your faith yet sir?
I am being.. I will tell you. we can not always walk in perfect anything much less faith, or really true trust in the shadows of death the valley of pain or confusion even .....
because He and this life can ask more than you can deliver making total dependancy necessary.
are you completely and totally dependant on him ?

and faith and trust are connected to your emotions.

those will ebb and flow and why we need a savior... because even Elijah, one of the a greatest men of faith , ebb and flowed and panicked and just exactly like us.. but we can get into lots of trouble in the ebbs..
yet as I ebb and flow he teaches lessons and my faith and or trust grows.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:33 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
OH YES YOU ARE RIGHT in theory perfect.... have you been tried in your faith yet sir?
I am being.. I will tell you. we can not always walk in perfect anything much less faith, or really true trust in the shadows of death the valley of pain or confusion even .....
because He and this life can ask more than you can deliver making total dependancy necessary.
are you completely and totally dependant on him ?

and faith and trust are connected to your emotions.

those will ebb and flow and why we need a savior... because even Elijah, one of the a greatest men of faith , ebb and flowed and panicked and just exactly like us.. but we can get into lots of trouble in the ebbs..
yet as I ebb and flow he teaches lessons and my faith and or trust grows.
nX, I'm appreciating the exchange between you and camps and I'm not wanting to interrupt the flow. But, if I may ask, what do you mean by "get into lots of trouble"? And, do you mean that you need a savior so that God will forgive you for whatever that trouble is?

Old 11-22-2018, 10:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Attacking christians ?. You do know the scriptures tell us whatsoever is not of faith is sin?. So why don't we stop all this "that's a sin and this is a sin" nonsense .
Unbelief is the root cause of missing the mark, and unbelief is rooted in fear.
I can't believe I was going to type the same thing....just reading "faith is sin"....
my rambling input: missing the mark is not cause for an eternal hell...it's just missing the mark.
God isn't scary, God doesn't have wrath...He has set up a perfect System..'what you sow you reap' or karma...
He has no reason to punish or be angry....the System teaches us...it doesn't punish us cuz God is wrathful. No sir.
There is nothing to fear...ever. Yay!...Rejoice!

Old 11-22-2018, 11:22 AM

605 posts, read 335,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I have known that from the first time I heard the story as a child....I only say that cuz
of your, "Seriously, read it"...most of us here are
college grads and have degrees....and have grown up since 3rd grade Sunday School.
I know this sounds like I'm being intense... please don't read it that way...
just saying we are smarter than you think.
Wrong.
I totally disagree.

Nor do I care about anyone's personal church history, just here to debate the topic.
From what I've read, there are very few here even able to hold a conversation
They cannot help but make it personal.

Just count how many times the word "you" is found in some of the members posts

Yet there are enough willing to discuss the topic to stick around
Some very nice, level-headed folks
Since we don't decide who sticks around and who doesn't, it can change of course.
Clinging to stereo-types to demean others is generally of a lower educated person
Not all education is had in the classroom
Thank you for your nice rep calling me level-headed.

Old 11-22-2018, 11:30 AM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
That's what I used to think. Actually read scripture, it's not that way. Really it's not. That is one reason why I never visited a church, even dodging weddings. My parents never allowed us to attend church. Likely I am one of the rare folks who has no real grudge against any church or religion since I came late to the party

I've narrowed it down to Abraham and his son. makes no sense to me but I've come to the conclusion that since Abraham was devoted to GOD, he already knew he was just being obedient and there would be no harm to his son. Seriously, read it. The crazy stuff you read on the internet is just not true. or here likely, just because almost everyone wants to debate the person and not the topic. So they never learn about the actual topic, it's just constant babble intended to detract from scripture
The scriptures are not history, they are metaphoric, prophetic, allegorical, spiritual..... that is why Jesus is recorded as saying “my words are spirit and life”.... “eat my flesh, drink my blood”. the same parables, signs, miracles are not literal they tie the different scriptures together.

In Jeremiah we see that the scribes, prophets and priests deal falsely Jer 8:8 How do you say, We are wise, and the Law of Jehovah is with us? Behold, the lying pen of the scribes has certainly worked deceit.
Jer 8:9 The wise are ashamed; they are terrified and are captured. Behold, they have rejected the Word of Jehovah, and what wisdom is theirs?
Jer 8:10 So I will give their wives to others, their fields to those who shall inherit. For everyone from the least even to the greatest cuts off a profit. From the prophet even to the priest, everyone deals falsely.
Jer 8:11 For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of My people slightly, saying, Peace, peace! And there is no peace.

These are not literal wives or literal fields, Christianity is a broad spectrum of beliefs about how Jesus (the messiah) is the saviour of the world. Most of traditional Christianity seem to think he is the saviour of Christianity taking them to a literal heaven after death and tormenting all non christians in hell eternally based on the literal interpretation of scripture.

Jesus did not come to abolish the law and prophets but to fulfill them..... it is not about his literal blood being shed.

Old 11-22-2018, 11:43 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
I
Clinging to stereo-types to demean others is generally of a lower educated person
Shh, that was a secret calling you level-headed....LOL!

This is what I found out being here...some that are very smart and educated, so they can get
the meaning behind a Bible verse, are so intense with others, (the 'you' sentences, a very good example), cuz, they actually have a 'mission';
they see some as harmful and dangerous to other people's mental health filling them with
what they have witnessed as dangerous beliefs...I have also seen this ...where a couple guys
wanted to commit suicide because of their church's and their family's beliefs.

Old 11-22-2018, 11:43 AM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
I totally disagree.

Nor do I care about anyone's personal church history, just here to debate the topic.
From what I've read, there are very few here even able to hold a conversation
They cannot help but make it personal.

Just count how many times the word "you" is found in some of the members posts

Yet there are enough willing to discuss the topic to stick around
Some very nice, level-headed folks
Since we don't decide who sticks around and who doesn't, it can change of course.
The getting personal is what humans do, that is what Christianity has done.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Shh, that was a secret calling you level-headed....LOL!
Level headed? ROTFLMAO

It's difficult seeing that when someone supports a fundamentalist position while being an atheist.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:05 PM

605 posts, read 335,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The scriptures are not history, they are metaphoric, prophetic, allegorical, spiritual..... that is why Jesus is recorded as saying “my words are spirit and life”.... “eat my flesh, drink my blood”. the same parables, signs, miracles are not literal they tie the different scriptures together.

In Jeremiah we see that the scribes, prophets and priests deal falsely Jer 8:8 How do you say, We are wise, and the Law of Jehovah is with us? Behold, the lying pen of the scribes has certainly worked deceit.
Jer 8:9 The wise are ashamed; they are terrified and are captured. Behold, they have rejected the Word of Jehovah, and what wisdom is theirs?
Jer 8:10 So I will give their wives to others, their fields to those who shall inherit. For everyone from the least even to the greatest cuts off a profit. From the prophet even to the priest, everyone deals falsely.
Jer 8:11 For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of My people slightly, saying, Peace, peace! And there is no peace.

These are not literal wives or literal fields, Christianity is a broad spectrum of beliefs about how Jesus (the messiah) is the saviour of the world. Most of traditional Christianity seem to think he is the saviour of Christianity taking them to a literal heaven after death and tormenting all non christians in hell eternally based on the literal interpretation of scripture.

Jesus did not come to abolish the law and prophets but to fulfill them..... it is not about his literal blood being shed.
Jesus was a man living on earth. This is not a spiritual fairy tale to be interpreted any way we want. Though no doubt, I've messed up on interpreting myself. There is a literal heaven, it is described as having many mansions where he's preparing a place for us.

Eternal torment is as bad as the bible lays it out to be. The only light in this darkness is it requires the faith of a mustard seed to be saved. Yet it lays out the behaviors the saved taken on, slowly. So if you seen little to no fruits or change, it's likely there never was a metamorphosis.

.I wanted the fire to be eternal like the burning bush...but just go to sleep without any accountability to what I've done on earth. Sadly that is not what scriptures teach. Eternal fire, knashing of teeth, is real.
This kept me from church for the majority of my life. Yet it is true so this reality must be dealt with somehow.

All humans shed their tents to take on a body which is eternal. A bad rap if you ask me. Oh how I wanted my first church, SDA's beliefs to be true. But sleep has many definitions, and they mean very different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity